halloween event hint at Shadow Knight class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Does the Halloween event hint at a new Shadow Knight class to you as well?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Nope, they said no new classes in the near or far future.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

you have link to that. because I cant find such a quote on google.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

If its going to replace thief which is currently trash right now, I would think so.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

a lot of speculation went into this, it would definitly make up the 3rd heavy armour role, and would give the evil, neutral and good slots completion,
medium = ranger good, engineer neutral, thief evil, light amour = elementalist good, mesmer neutral and necro evil, then for heavy = guardian good, warrior neutral and then shadow knight evil.

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I’d love to see it. but i think that’s unlikely.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

God no. The whole ‘dark knight’ theme is way over done. ANet has managed to produce some really unique and interesting classes before, (Ritualist, Dervish), I pray they won’t fall back on such a cliché class-type.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

you have link to that. because I cant find such a quote on google.

From: http://dulfy.net/2013/07/16/gw2-colin-johanson-livestream-transcript/

Q: What are your plans for future professions/races.
A: Races, no promises of which race to do first. New profession is a lot harder, a lot of the core archtype is covered. We might do additional weapons/skills for current professions before putting in new professions. We have 8 now so if we want to do a new profession is it is probably a 3rd heavy armor to balance it out. New profession is probably the furthest thing out.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As to likelihood. This is what I found.

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/16/gw2-colin-johanson-livestream-transcript/
Q: What are your plans for future professions/races.
A: Races, no promises of which race to do first. New profession is a lot harder, a lot of the core archtype is covered. We might do additional weapons/skills for current professions before putting in new professions. We have 8 now so if we want to do a new profession is it is probably a 3rd heavy armor to balance it out. New profession is probably the furthest thing out.

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

Its probably just another hint for one of those “never ending” weapon/armor skins, back, including miniature rewards from achievements.

Anet is good and they are great in terms of seasonal change, not quite sure about development though…

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Posted by: Oenomaus.6413

Oenomaus.6413

Awesome idea, would definitely fit in very well, if executed correctly.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Am I the only one who got incredibly hyped by this thread’s title?

I’d love for a shadow-themed knight. Some kind of elegant evil. Thief is very rogue-ish, and Necromancer is too macabre. An evil knight, or a vampire-themed profession, or something lordly but dark would be awesome to me.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

TBH I still think they should’ve just given Necro’s greatswords and called it a day.

Deathshroud and the tanky nature of Necros would’ve made for a good “dark knight” type class, of course, it’s just not in plate armor.

I mean…. cmon mesmer in dresses with greatswords lol.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

a lot of speculation went into this, it would definitly make up the 3rd heavy armour role, and would give the evil, neutral and good slots completion,
medium = ranger good, engineer neutral, thief evil, light amour = elementalist good, mesmer neutral and necro evil, then for heavy = guardian good, warrior neutral and then shadow knight evil.

Note, though, how they seem to be going out of their way to avoid the “good-neutral-evil” thing regarding to classes. For example, Trehearne is a necromancer, yet he is the epitome of the “goody two shoes” hero, and in the first novel (Ghost of Ascalon) there was also Kileen, a sylvari necromancer, that was basically a very sweet and nice character. She became a necromancer because she was curious about death (since sylvari don’t know if they can age and die of natural causes), and was rather unsettling for the other characters to hear her ask with a smile if they minded if she reanimated their corpses in case they died.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

TBH I still think they should’ve just given Necro’s greatswords and called it a day.

Deathshroud and the tanky nature of Necros would’ve made for a good “dark knight” type class, of course, it’s just not in plate armor.

you mean like trahearne? =)

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

every class should be able to use every weapon, why is it ,y mesmer has turned special and cant physically pick up a rifle huh?

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

No? Trahearne isn’t really anything lol.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

If its going to replace thief which is currently trash right now, I would think so.

i dont know if u know but thief atm dont even need to use stealth to kill several targets in WvW.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

No? Trahearne isn’t really anything lol.

Pretty sure he is a necro. He summoned several flesh golems in Timberline to make me think he is the ultimate deceiver about what his true intentions are and how powerful he actually really is. Many think he’s a limelight stealer, maybe that was his plan all along. Get in the good graces of the orders to destroy them all after he has taken out the dragons.

I played Prophecies and Nightfall, I trust no one.