Turamarth.3248

Yes

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

have to own game to forum post??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

To further expand on the OP’s question though, as I don’t know myself. Can P4F members use the forums?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

They can see the forum yes but not post on it.

Posted by: winterlove.6834

winterlove.6834

ah ok short term memory lol

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

When GW2’s base game became F2P, F2P players were officially directed to the GW2Guru forums provided by Curse, if they wished to post anything. That’s where the F2P Forum community is.

Posted by: winterlove.6834

winterlove.6834

ok one other newqb question the infussions for accended armor, if I have a set of runes can I put them where agony spose to go, also to is wvw infusions better? looks to me by the wiki they are better cause they have a wvw guard bonus, or do wvw ones not work in regular world

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The wvw specific bonus (the guard bit for eg) of the wvw do not work in pve. You can get infusions which increase stats and agony for pve.

No you cannot put runes in infusion slots.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

ok one other newqb question the infussions for accended armor, if I have a set of runes can I put them where agony spose to go, also to is wvw infusions better? looks to me by the wiki they are better cause they have a wvw guard bonus, or do wvw ones not work in regular world

Runes can only go in “upgrade slots”, not infusion slots.

WvW infusions work perfectly well in PvE, although the damage modifiers regarding guards are irrelevant. You still get the +5 to a stat.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

When GW2’s base game became F2P, F2P players were officially directed to the GW2Guru forums provided by Curse, if they wished to post anything. That’s where the F2P Forum community is.

Officially? Do you have a source that ANet is directing people to guru?

(For what it’s worth, I stopped recommending people use guru if they want an alternative to the official forums; reddit has been by far and away more responsive and useful in my opinion.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

(For what it’s worth, I stopped recommending people use guru if they want an alternative to the official forums; reddit has been by far and away more responsive and useful in my opinion.)

It’s on the front page. (Right-hand side.)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I checked it a couple months ago and it was quite dead. They would be better off recommending Reddit really.

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

title says it all

You’re missing the truly amazing part of forum posting though. If and when you have an account issue that blocks/bans/suspends your account it makes it so you are unable to post on the forums as well. You want to follow up on why its been a week and no one has looked at your service ticket on why you can’t log in? Better have a friend or a second account handy so you can post in Anet’s stale tickets thread.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I checked it a couple months ago and it was quite dead. They would be better off recommending Reddit really.

I checked it when it was fairly new, and it was dead then, as well. Nevertheless, it is the site ArenaNet officially sends players to.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well, I feel foolish. Thanks for posting. I’ve seen that note a gazillion times (and read it a few, too) and… I just never noticed the link to Curse. (And again, the /guildwars2 subreddit is so much more useful, I’m surprised that ANet would recommend Curse forums over Reddit.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

Well, I feel foolish. Thanks for posting. I’ve seen that note a gazillion times (and read it a few, too) and… I just never noticed the link to Curse. (And again, the /guildwars2 subreddit is so much more useful, I’m surprised that ANet would recommend Curse forums over Reddit.)

Seems someone beat me to it hehe!
I wouldn’t disagree that Reddit would be a better choice than Guru, and it is cetainly more active and more responsive, especially when it comes to ANet. I was simply looking to state the official word on it, that’s all.