haxxors got my details?

haxxors got my details?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: munky.3971

munky.3971

Ok, over the last couple of days I have been getting emails for account authorization from china. ( I live in the UK ) this makes me wonder, how exactly did these people find out I even have a guild wars 2 account? and my password????

I am wondering if anyone else has been getting these recently

Ok, email address used to create account was a fresh address created for this game

I have not played the game in months / logged in for months. and nobody knows my username / password / email address used.

for the past 2 months, I have been using a brand new fresh computer I bought. I dont even have the game installed, and I have not accessed the email address from this computer until today. ( old computer has not even been switched on since I bought my new one and it was fully secure )

my friend stopped playing months ago also, he started getting email loggin attempts at the same time as me, email times are literally 20-30 mins apart.

email address is complex, and password is really hard to crack with capital letters / numbers and such. plus I always delete emails from inbox and such, and the only emails in the account when I logged in to day where authorize log-in attempt?’s from china.

bit suspish if you ask me.

haxxors got my details?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

They’re also using programs that randomly generate e-mail addresses and passwords till they come across one that works. Consider yourself lucky that your log in password and e-mail password aren’t the same. However, if I were you, I’d change your log in password.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

haxxors got my details?

Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

I was getting at least 5 of these emails a day, only problem i have had was that i couldnt log in one time because there was someone on my account, i quickly changed the pw and got into my account with all my toons in LA with nothing missing since then i have’nt got an email