head gear. what gives?

head gear. what gives?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

is it just me, or is there no options for head gear in leveling sets? It seems strange since they make you choose a specific head gear look on character creation, but my lvl 24 thief and lvl 32 ele have never had any options since. I chose the hood for the thief and the eye of fire for my ele but have only seen the mesmer mask for ele, ranger mask for thief since.

I like the heavy/med/light armor break down rather than having class specific armor. It really does make sence that a thief could wear the same armor as a ranger, But why make head gear preferance a part of character selection if it isnt an option in the game?

I was lucky to get three transmute stones for my thief free out of a lock box so i’ve been able to keep my hood so far buy just wearing the same one for ten levels than transmuting it, but to continue that i have to either pray for more stones or buy some….

head gear. what gives?

Posted by: Draco.9470

Draco.9470

or buy some….

You answered your own question…

Though I will say as long as you work at completing maps you get a good amount of transmute stones.

Moribundus / Draconox – Darkhaven

head gear. what gives?

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

or buy some….

You answered your own question…

Though I will say as long as you work at completing maps you get a good amount of transmute stones.

The issue is these head pieces are no longer available -players that got rid of their starter head gear not knowing this are not able to get it back despite having transmutation stones.

head gear. what gives?

Posted by: AdamLiborio.8436

AdamLiborio.8436

Yea I was hoping for more hoods (for my ranger). So far it’s been all masks until I found the Pirate / Ascalonian hats (which look exactly the same). Wore that for a while for something different from a mask. As a ranger we didn’t get a chance to choose our type of headgear if I remember correctly. I think that choice instead was which pet we started with.

As of right now I’m only aware of there being the hats and the goggles (that I can craft now) that I can obtain right now besides different types of masks. Goggles are obviously more engineer geared and the hat makes me feel like a pirate which I’m not sure I really like for my ranger, so I’m back to masks for now until I find or can craft a hood and use my transmutation stones on it. I’m level 67 and a 210 level leatherworker btw.

And as others said you can gain a lot more stones by doing 100% completion of zones. Think you get 3 per zone completed.

head gear. what gives?

Posted by: ZenBones.1759

ZenBones.1759

I agree there’s an issue with people not really getting the idea of the transmutation stones until well after they’ve sold off something that had an appearance they really liked. I didn’t figure out transmutation stones until way down the line myself, well after I ditched an axe I would have preferred to keep the appearance from.

——————-
-ZenBones