how are you making gold?

how are you making gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

personally I run 3 fracs a day, about 4-6 dungeons, salvage the exos.

after that I buy whatever I need to craft a few items and sell them for profit. I dont lie logging off without making 10-20g

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Play the game, periodically look at my gold and it’s more than I had before

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

Was buying cloth Lvl.15 gloves from the PvP vendor and throwing them in the forge.
The level 21-24 gloves that were coming out were then salvaged for wool scraps and then converted to wool bolts and sold on the TP. Was making 300-400g profit daily until our guild crashed the wool market lol.

These days I’m making around 20g daily from PvP (Salvaging Exotics/Rares for ecto and insignias) and around 2g from WvW.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Play the game, periodically look at my gold and it’s more than I had before

this and “I got these cheeseburgers man!”

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

In a nutshell, I kill stuff. Then I salvage what I loot and sell anything I don’t want/need.

More specifically, I do quite a bit of farming in places like CS for quick bursts of gold. Sometimes I have to take a break and get some pain reliever to handle the mental complexity of pressing 11111111 on my guardian.

Or words to that effect.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Right now, mainly from Tequatl (at the reset on my engineer, though I’m about to move my newly-leveled and completely reequipped guardian to Sparkfly Fen) and running the Labyrinth; I’m amassing stacks of trick-or-treat bags for sale once I’ve met my objectives of getting enough 20-slot pails to equip my warrior, necro, engineer, mesmer and guardian with at least three each and getting my MF to at least 100% base. Since I really don’t do much crafting, I also sell stacks of materials that I’ve acquired from gathering or salvaging.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Chanra.3561

Chanra.3561

If it’s farming you guys are looking for then north of the southernmost Waypoint in Southsun, there is a good spot in the water. I average around 31 armored scales and 150 T5 mats, 1 Exotic and 4 rares per hour. Barracuda, Sea Scorpions and Reef Skelk be your friends.

Mf = 286% (with food & booster buffs)

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

how do I make gold?

I go to work, 5 to 6 times a week.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

how do I make gold?

I don’t know quite how to say this…

I think you may want to file a complaint with the union if your company is paying you in gold.

Or words to that effect.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

run dungeons, do daily world bosses, salvage everything I get, sell for about 20-30g depending on globs

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Run dungeons, farm the opportunities which are coming with new content updates, play tp and long term investments.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

how do I make gold?

I think you may want to file a complaint with the union if your company is paying you in gold.

iuno, I know some people would prefer it. Ron Swanson, for example.

Re: OP: currently, I’m not :P I just spent nearly all my gold, partly doing ToT bag research, partly buying long-term investments. My hope is that in less than 6 months I’ll be fabulously rich. I should do some salvaging and crafting so I don’t go bankrupt in the mean time.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

I take one part “A” and one part “u” and mix them together to get Au, gold.

Seriously, I just kill everything I find and sell the drops. I’ll also go after some champions in Orr and that snowy place whose name I can’t think of at the moment.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Most people just do whatever the current farm is.

Anet then rolls the dice. On a roll of greater than or equal to [arbitrary number of the day] they allow it. However on a roll less than [arbitrary number of the day] they mass ban everyone that was participating in the current farm.

Everyone loves RNG and one shot KOs, so enjoy some RNG in your bans!

how are you making gold?

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

World Boss Timers almost exclusively. A nice chill way to earn money, fight some bosses, chat with the people, XD you get some hilarious conversations during pres or waiting for spawn.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How am i making gold? Slowly. Very slowly.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha ha. ^I feel you. I make about 100G/month (yes, I know, a pittance) by just playing whatever tickles my fancy. Usually, do key runs unless there is a Festival/Holiday/New release/etc. Yet to score really big on the key runs, though I do have several skins just waiting in the bank to sell….some day.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

2 yellows, 1 orange, and 1 silver = gold

:-D

– The Baconnaire

how are you making gold?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I do dailies.

If the dailies tell me to go to PvP, I do PvP. I get gold in PvP.
If the dailies tell me to do a fractal, I go to a fractal. I get gold in the fractal.
If the dailies tell me to do a dungeon, I do a dungeon. I get gold in the dungeon.

And so on.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Farm trains.

Necromancer Main

how are you making gold?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i’m a bit old fashioned so i like to put wolfram in an alkane and bombard it with high electrical discharge for several hours

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’ve gotten back into fighting Tequatl at reset lately, which is a relatively low-intensity way to make some gold in a short period. I usually get there around half an hour early, chill out at my favorite spot (North Boats FTW!) and often get to meet some fun people in the meanwhile. Then it’s fifteen minutes of well-organized combat, and everyone goes home with their pockets full and their spirits high.

If I have more time, I’m still a big fan of the World Boss circuit, especially now that it’s on a more reliable schedule after the mega-server change. You’re never going to make the same kind of gold that way as Dungeons or Champ-farming, but I think it’s relaxing, and a great option if I’m watching TV or chatting in another window.

how do I make gold?

Don’t worry, I get paid in company script. I’m not an idiot.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

I don’t really make money but its ok because there’s nothing to spend it on anyway except sharpening stones and consumables.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

how are you making gold?

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

how do I make gold?

Rofl, I wish it weren’t true but basically the same here ><. I do farm for some gold, but a lot of it I just buy with actual money if I need some gold.. It’s a bad habit but, at least I don’t need it for anything else |:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

How do I make gold?

I use alchemy.

(hides stash of lead)…

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

how are you making gold?

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

I convert plastic to gold, not that I can afford it as I have to sacrifice food.

Server: Gate of Madness

how are you making gold?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

slowly

I do Dailies and use the Laurels to get T6 mats to sell.
I also sell some other valuable enough materials.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

When i need a big ammount of gold i usualy play the tp. But for 2 weeks all i did was teq, wurm and spvp, i made 200g only from this stuff

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

Was mostly gathering ori/ancient wood daily before halloween (~30g/day)
Then halloween introduced this amaizeing farm. ~50g/hour.

[TW] Pumped

how are you making gold?

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I usually do what I did in GW1:

1. Adventure on general PvE, but rarely touch PvP or hard content, unless someone organizes it
  2. Enjoy engaging combat, where the mobs can kill me, if I don’t utilize combat mechanics in proper ways
  3. Do simple farms on areas, once per day
  4. Play variety of builds to enjoy the mechanics
  5. Use conditions and watch mobs bleed out in every content

But unfortunately numbers 2, 4 and 5 are quite impossible, since Power based DPS will kill the mobs before my desired gameplay mechanics even do anything…

Especially GW2 Open World PvE consists of group events too, where Support or Control builds have very little use, since mobs die too fast and don’t put up a proper fight, easy one that is, but not the current “stand-spam-DPS” mobs that are there to die…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

i spend some of my karma in low level ligh armor and use the Mystic toilet to get a new one and sell it on TP.

Also i do tequalt and Wurm almost everyday

how are you making gold?

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

TP.

If the only way to earn gold in this game was repeat content you would not be reading this post.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

farming ToTs during haloween, dungeons, selling stuff i pick up.

Theres also some frequent zone events that spawn a whole lot of mobs that drop bags. i gather a ton of bags and sell them for 1-2S each

Also….i dont SPEND much gold

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve been leveling a noob character in the Labyrinth, getting masses of experience, and then selling the ToT bags. In this way I make a serious income leveling a character, achieving multiple things at once!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

how are you making gold?

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I am making gold by running dungeons (usually AC full run, CM 1 and 3 and Cof 1 and 2 and possibly some CoE if I have nothing else to do.) and it makes me a nice amount of gold. Farming labyrinth also works but I find that quite boring after doing it so much at the start of Halloween. This is probably not the best or most efficient method but I always like seeing the gold I gain every day!

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

how are you making gold?

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

how do I make gold?

This made me laugh so much! Plus 1 for you my friend.

I am always on the poor team in any MMO I play, mainly because I don’t have 10 hours a day to grind stuff. But in this game… I’m not just poor… I am SO poor that I can’t even afford to gear a level 20 Character from the Trading Post. Seriously when did level 20-22 blue gear become so expensive! ./cries

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

how are you making gold?

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Either sit in a city playing the TP all day long, or get a part time job and convert $ to gems. Excluding temporary things like the maize farm, those two will get you at least 5-10x the gold per hour you could ever get by playing the game itself.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele