how do I stop autoattacking...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nausiation.1469

Nausiation.1469

this has got to be the most rage inducing thing I am currently experiencing in-game. I deselect the target and try to look away and I continue to shoot. Please someone tell me there is a fix to this.

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

((ctrl))+((mouse left click)) to enable/disable auto-attack on any skill you want. You can if you want set your heal, utilities or elites to auto-cast also.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

Bind a key to sheath / draw wweapon. Sheath weapon in combat to stop attacking.

Posted by: Escadin.9482

Escadin.9482

This doesn’t always work for me. Even deselecting the target doesn’t always help, because sometime you get caught in a rythim where a last shot always slips out your gun while sheathing / deselecting and once it hits your target it automatically reaquired and auto-attack starts firing again.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

OPTIONS

“stop autoattacking on target change” Check box it

“Double tap to evade” Uncheck it and bind it to your keyboard or mouse. Serious.

“Autotargeting” Uncheck that bull kitten. Worst default setting EVAR.

“Promote skill target” This will make you AA if you use any ability on a mob. I personally like this on.

“Mellee attack assist” Uncheck this. This limits your movement when toe to toe in mellee. Horrible setting. Turn it off.

Let’s not even get into “push to turn” settings………… I love that push to turn was invented when i was 12, nobody uses it yet 25 years later every kitten mmo still has it on by default. And we wonder why Marionette is so hard for half the population.

I find it interesting nobody is just telling you the option settings that will fix this.

Posted by: Gloomspanner.5920

Gloomspanner.5920

You can also just single left click off the target, or a different one. Then retarget with a single left click.

Tarnished Coast: Nevis Klab, thief. Triqqz, elementalist.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

This doesn’t always work for me. Even deselecting the target doesn’t always help, because sometime you get caught in a rythim where a last shot always slips out your gun while sheathing / deselecting and once it hits your target it automatically reaquired and auto-attack starts firing again.

Then press the key a couple of times until you see your character sheath?
I’ve never had a problem and neither have everyone else I know shouted sheathing.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I just want an option to disable the menu from coming up when pressing ESC so I can actually rely on ESC for cancelling.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Yeah it’s absolutely infuriating, I usually smash ESC as fast as I can until that bloody box starts popping up and my character finally stops attacking.

I think the problem for me is that the character “remembers” the buttons you’ve pressed/spammed up to 2 commands, so if you press 111 really quickly you’ll do 3 attacks, and I think this is really annoying especially if the target dies and your 3rd attack hits a new one (I JUST WANT TO WP OUT OF HERE GAWWWD STOP ATTACKING STUFF!)
I don’t want to switch off the auto target on attack setting either, I just want my character to stop attacking when I stop pressing buttons (but I also want to leave auto attacks on)

I just want that “lag” to stop.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.