how u mine 4 chikken

how u mine 4 chikken

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nyctalopia.4735

nyctalopia.4735

Q:

Can anyone suggest locations with good concentrations of raptors or moas? I’m looking for places to farm poultry (ha, ha.) – thanks!

how u mine 4 chikken

nyctalopia.4735

A:

I’d choose a “best answer” but there are lots of great answers here. Thanks everyone!

I’ll quote a few of the useful answers so other people with the same question will benefit next time

What fowl deeds are you undertaking?

If you step outside LA into Blood tide, just off to the right is a grp of raptors. I can think of more when I get home

Go to Crossing Waypoint in Queensdale. There are a ton of Moa’s there.

The SW corner of Fireheart Rise has lots of them running in groups.

Lotsa raptors (if I remember right) in Metrica just East of this WP: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desider_Atum

Do CM daily. the bags give plenty of poultry. Buy whatever extra you need. Someone else will be running CM and willing to sell them to you.

Back when i was on a silver league server and would lead a karma train over the borderlands, i would run across all the moas/raptors to kill them, when running from one objective to the next. There are quite alot.

The Rowanwoods in Caledon Forest have a herd of raptors that used to annoy the hell out of me when I tried harvesting the lettuce there with my low-level characters. Slay a few of them for me, will you?^^

Having been dazed enough times by those sods, I’m in full agreement. Mine some poultry nodes for me, too, OP!

The level of the moas/raptors doesn’t matter to me but the accessibility of the “poultry node” does, so the Bloodtide Coast suggestions work best for me! Just for you, though, RQ at al, I’m going to detour to the Rowanwoods right now and clear the raptors a few times, that’ll learn ’em

(edited by nyctalopia.4735)

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

What fowl deeds are you undertaking?

If you step outside LA into Blood tide, just off to the right is a grp of raptors. I can think of more when I get home

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I didn’t know you could mine chicken.

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Go to Crossing Waypoint in Queensdale. There are a ton of Moa’s there.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

The SW corner of Fireheart Rise has lots of them running in groups.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I guess you want low level ones right?

Lotsa raptors (if I remember right) in Metrica just East of this WP: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desider_Atum

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Farming specific things isn’t efficient, run a dungeon and buy them.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

So… what if one does not enjoy dungeons, but killing things? You know, because it’s (insert shocked gasp) fun? :O

The Rowanwoods in Caledon Forest have a herd of raptors that used to annoy the hell out of me when I tried harvesting the lettuce there with my low-level characters. Slay a few of them for me, will you?^^

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Back when i was on a silver league server and would lead a karma train over the borderlands, i would run across all the moas/raptors to kill them, when running from one objective to the next. There are quite alot.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

There are flocks of Moas that roam Frostgorge.

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So… what if one does not enjoy dungeons, but killing things? You know, because it’s (insert shocked gasp) fun? :O

You are quite the conniving queen, yes you are.
Having been dazed enough times by those sods, I’m in full agreement. Mine some poultry nodes for me, too, OP!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

There are flocks of Moas that roam Frostgorge.

Rapin and murderin unaware adventurers. Stay sharp

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

If everybody followed you advice, where will the supply on the TP come from then?

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Do CM daily. the bags give plenty of poultry. Buy whatever extra you need. Someone else will be running CM and willing to sell them to you.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Magnnus.5169

Magnnus.5169

There’s a lot of raptors just inside of Bloodtide Coast from lions arch.

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

If everybody followed you advice, where will the supply on the TP come from then?

SHHH!!!

Don’t say such things!
glances around furtively

Let’s let them continue thinking that farming isn’t rewarding, so we can gather in peace and sell our wares to them at slowly increasing prices. They’ll contribute increasing prices to “inflation” and leave us alone….

slowly withdraws back into the shadows

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: ArtifexDominus.8675

ArtifexDominus.8675

I might go do this with my Sylvari Ranger on lunch now that he’s 80 adn traited + geared… i hated those things too! ^.^

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Iron marches, Glory’s Steps has numbers of raptors, but it’s a fairly well known farm site.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Well, first you find four chickens. Then you brandish your pickaxe at them, raise it over your head, and swing wildly until you’ve mined all four of them. Then the rest of the chickens get angry, and there is a chicken uprising, and they murder and mine you. It’s the circle of life- there’s a Disney song and everything.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Bloodtide Coast, Mid-Eastern hills south of the bandit swamps and north of the Ettin Village.

You need several locations in different zones an move between them regularlly (like every half hour) to avoid DR.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

WVW borderlands for raptors.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I would like to protest the fact that my answer is not listed among the best answers. Get on that, nyctalopia!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, first you find four chickens. Then you brandish your pickaxe at them, raise it over your head, and swing wildly until you’ve mined all four of them. Then the rest of the chickens get angry, and there is a chicken uprising, and they murder and mine you. It’s the circle of life- there’s a Disney song and everything.

Unfortunately if you (or the chickens) use the mining pick that gives the occasional watchwork sprocket then I will be forced to call this Pay to Win and make a thread denouncing it on the forums.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Except that 99% of supply on the TP is provided by natural drops, not specific farming.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Except that 99% of supply on the TP is provided by natural drops, not specific farming.

And 85% of stats provided on the forums are false.
There really is no way to determine what percentage is supplied by farmers, or by natural drops.

If anything the average player just keeps the mat drops, and deposits them into their material collections and forgets about them. If they do use them they generally just make what they use (If they use food at all. IIRC John Smith recently commented that there is a surprisingly low number of people using food).
So that would mean that the majority of supply is from farmers, and not random people selling a mat here or there.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

how u mine 4 chikken

nyctalopia.4735

I was searching the second and third pages of the forum to find this thread because I didn’t expect it to still be on the front page; came back to discover that the reason it’s still here is because

I would like to protest the fact that my answer is not listed among the best answers. Get on that, nyctalopia!

I gave you a +1 for your answer, I swear!

Anyway. I don’t know where the supply on the TP is mainly from, and I think none of us can know. GW2Spidy suggests that there are cyclical supply spikes (sell-price or buy-price dips) – including one that started yesterday and increased TP supply by 4 stacks’ worth. My working theory is that a buy-price dip (caused by a lot of buy orders suddenly getting filled) is caused by people who mainly want to clear their inventories or bank spaces and want money immediately, while a sell-price dip (caused by a faster-than-usual increase in sell listings) would be caused by farmers who want to maximise their profit. What we’ve been having over the past day has been a sell-price dip, which suggests to me that some people have joined me in farming poultry after this thread :P

(edited by nyctalopia.4735)

how u mine 4 chikken

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

What if anet has bots that sell and buy on tp

Attachments:

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?