how well will my system perform

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: onejie.6714

onejie.6714

So I just recently bought the game, but haven’t gotten around to play it due to being at college right now, but I want to see how well my system will run gw2. Right now I have a amd 965be @ 3.4 and radeon 7870 2GB with 8GB of ram. So how well should I be able to run the game at high settings?

My definition of running well is 30+ fps

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

For a lot of it I would say yes. However the game’s performance does plummet around large groups of other players, especially if they are unleashing their skills at each other (WvW) or at a boss in a group event.

Of course I’m assuming you are running at 1920×1080 resolution at the game’s high preset. There are some settings you can push even further from there like supersampling over normal.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

You should be fine, definitely get at least 30 fps, I’d say around 40+

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I would recommend overclocking your cpu. Your gpu should be fine. This game is not graphic demanding

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You should do fine on a quad core @ 3.4ghz, I ran this on an opteron workstation with 2 quad core 2.3ghz processors and since this program uses 3-4 processors I expect you to perform a bit better due to the 45% increased clock, the 7820 is a bit low end but like previous poster said this game is not GPU demanding. medium to high settings would be manageable with reasonable framerate. say 30-45 in the world, but cities (too a lesser extent), zerg fights and world bosses will crush your FPS like a hammer crushes a lightbulb when running too high settings. then again in cities ther is no danger, and @ world bosses a lot of ppl turn settings down.

I’d suggest medium or high base settings, but work your detail up slowly. If your graphics card gets too much work the game could stall and you’d DC, which can be very annoying at organized world bosses and WVW zerk fights if there are queues.

My 3.8Ghz i7 with 2 GTX 780’s runs 18-22 FPS in zerk/ world boss fights!

But I’d give it a go. For 10-15 euro’s what could go wrong?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.