how would you like GW3 to be.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

I am amazed by the amount of people thay say “GW2 sux, I didn’t get my money’s worth etc”. I don’t post much on these forums but I read them almost every day, and a lot of the people that QQ about how bad GW2 is are fairly active on the forums.

Why?

I mean, if you don’t like the game, leave it behind and find a new one. Don’t search the forums for any possible topic where you could QQ more. Go play a new game, go outside, meet people, watch a movie, do the laundry, go meet with friends, have fun. I really don’t understand you guys.

Don’t get me wrong, GW2 certainly isn’t the best game out there and I really think it should’ve never been called Guild Wars 2 in the first place since it isn’t even remotely comparable to the original, but man, get a life guys.

Posted by: Guthra Stonefist.9258

Guthra Stonefist.9258

I believe that a lot of people who dislike Guild Wars 2 and still linger around on the forums do so because they wait to see if it becomes the game ArenaNet originally advertised. When I look at the video manifesto and the finished game I see certain similarities. Mainly how the graphics look. However, the feel of it is completely different, and practically nothing they said in the manifesto has manifested itself in the finished product. We have lots of grinding; we have combat where you swing your sword over and over and over at the same creature; the living world is not very living after all, and so on, and so on.

Me? I don’t like Guild Wars 2. I loved Guild Wars 1 though. When I think about Guild Wars 1 I can recall certain elements that annoyed me, but it speaks volumes for the game itself when I have to really think about them, and that my default perception is that of happy times. When I think of Guild Wars 2 I just think of a boring game much like any other of its kind.
The only reason I still play it is because I don’t pay monthly for it, I have friends I talk to on there, it looks nice and that other MMORPGs are exactly the same (but perhaps with less action-like combat).

If a potential Guild Wars 3 was to be made under the same management I doubt I would want to play it. This game is supposedly about your skins, but you pay to pay gems(real money or lots of gold) to get transmutation crystals for you to change skins, most armour looks identical in their respective classes, and the overall variety of skins is very limited for a game ‘about skins’.
I could go on, and so could others, but I doubt anyone here is going to persuade the other camp to see things their way. If people enjoy the game that is great for them, but to many others Guild Wars 2 is not what they feel they were ‘promised’.

Also, I will say that Guild Wars 1 had its share of grinding, but that was towards the end where I also saw an increase in ArenaNet’s appetite regarding the game store. Prophecies was very relaxing to me, and I enjoyed Factions and Nightfall too, but not as much.
With that said, the writing in both games is atrocious, and I am surprised the story in Guild Wars 2 is of such poor quality.

Posted by: Abyssisis.3971

Abyssisis.3971

I’d like no time gating crap, no needing to be out of combat to waypoint in pve, no rng crap.

Commander Obscura
The Bloody Rain [Rain]
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I believe that a lot of people who dislike Guild Wars 2 and still linger around on the forums do so because they wait to see if it becomes the game ArenaNet originally advertised.

It is the game they originally advertised. The people making post after post, hour after hour, day after day about how “terrible” the game is are the ones that want to turn it into something it wasn’t advertised to be; either into GW 1.5, or WoW 2. These people misinterpret interviews and videos (you’d need to make some serious stretches to insist that the game in the Manifesto video isn’t the game we had at launch and continue to have now), they completely forget how iterative development works or simply pretend it was never a factor in GW2’s pre- and post-launch development, or they just had preconceptions about the MMO genre or Guild Wars and bought the game without learning about it before hand.

Their disappointment really is their own fault, and any reasonable person would move on instead of doing absolutely nothing with their day other than making post after post on this forum about how “bad” the game is.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

It is the game they originally advertised. The people making post after post, hour after hour, day after day about how “terrible” the game is are the ones that want to turn it into something it wasn’t advertised to be; either into GW 1.5, or WoW 2. These people misinterpret interviews and videos (you’d need to make some serious stretches to insist that the game in the Manifesto video isn’t the game we had at launch and continue to have now), they completely forget how iterative development works or simply pretend it was never a factor in GW2’s pre- and post-launch development, or they just had preconceptions about the MMO genre or Guild Wars and bought the game without learning about it before hand.

And then there’re those of us somewhere in the middle. Still enjoying the game, but still frustrated that ANet changed their mind on so many things that brought us to the game in the first place.

In between the white knights and the raging QQers is another population, not necessarily any less passionate, but with mixed reactions that aren’t easily labeled.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

GW1 with jump and dodge.

EDIT: by that I mean – no stat grind. Skills that have to be found in the open world. No stat grind. NO STAT GRIND. You know, that one thing they kept on about for 7 years. NO STAT GRIND.

BiS gear easy to attain at max level. Max level not being some ridiculously high number. Skill over money/time. You know, I want the game I paid for now. If it takes them a few more years to make, well, I quite likely won’t spend another dime on Anet again, but I could see doing so were they open and honest about the game they were making.

(edited by stale.9785)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I don’t quite see the point of this thread. You may as well title it ‘What do you hate about GW2’ because the people who are quite happy with the game obviously won’t be imagining what GW3 would be like and all this thread does is attract complaints.

As for the stat grind, I got a maxed out Guardian and a maxed out Mesmer (stat-wise, not WvW ranks ofc), they’re fully geared in full Ascended. Compared to full exotics, I cannot for the life of me see the difference in PvE and WvW.

Why did I get them? Because I’m one of those progressionists who just want to see all my equipment maxed out, for basically no reason other than I just have to.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Everyone in this thread would buy GW3. The fact that so many haters are still lingering about is proof of that.

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Hmm, if I could design from A to Z the GW3, then it would be something like this:

• Story set 100 years after GW2’s story after beating the last elder dragon
  • A Graphic Engine for the game that looks like a mix between GW2, Blade & Soul, BLESS, FF14, EoS & Everquest Next based on.
    - Realistical held like GW2 and BLESS
    - Full of Details like FF14 and Everquest Next
    - Rich of Style and Epicness, like Blade & Soul & EoS
  • A Battle System that is truly a very action based real time combat system, that takes full advantage from the environments and the Z-Achsis with a complex Combo/Synergy System paired with Heroic Movenments fitting to the classes to make battles feel slowly more and more epic so further you progress with your Character, until you reach the Endgame Content.
  • Full thought out complex and easy to understand/master Character Progression to allow for impressive amounts of versatile unique character builds, that are all in general useful and not only for specific moments in the game at specific places.
  • 10 Basic Classes that can all specialize into 3 different unique Sub Classes
  • 10 playable Races
    - Humans
    - Asuras
    - Norn
    - Sylvari
    - Charr
    - Tengus
    - Sahagins (Evolutionized Fish/Lizardmen Race)
    - Elysios’ (winged elf/fairylike creatures of similar size like Asuras, just the middle between a Human and an Asura)
    - Lasphanyrs (A kind of mix between half demons and orgres with elegant humanoid bodies, similar to Castanics of Tera, but can grow to more musculous Juggernauts for some time)
    - Mursaats (the full demonic race)
  • Following Game Modes with following Features:
    - PvE
    *Action Style Real Time Combat that truly lets your characters look heroic
    *Housing like in FF14/EQN/Wildstar
    *Missions
    *Crusades (Raids)
    *Mounts and other Transportation Options (Ships, Trains, Airships…)
    *Complex Crafting Jobs
    *Alot Minigames, like an Ingame Card Game similar to Triple Triad
    *Pets (Not just lame Miniatures, real Pets, like tameable Monsters ala Ragnarok Online)
    *Marriage System
    *Colisseum Battles in the Style of Games like Tales of Series, Star Ocean Series ect. as either 1vs. Environment, or Group vs. Environment Battles with the challenges becoming harder so longer you survive. anc the rewards gettign better so more you progress in that Colission and rank up to be able to participate also in higher difficulty classes.
  • Complex Character Progression through Traits, Abilities and Talents with impactful Upgrade Items (Sigils, Runes, Infusions, Artefects, Jewels ect.)
  • Intelligent complex Enemies with Strengths and Weaknesses that we have to find out with many different skills to make battles against them interesting and not boring ala Wildstar

- PvP
*Duel Arena
*AllvsAll
*Random Arena
*Team Arena
*Guild Wars in large scaled battles like 100vs.100..250vs250 or 500vs500
*Codex Arena
*Tournament Battles
*PK/PKK PvP with observing “Visitors” which play the roles as “Victims” that can be killed from PKs and must be protected by PKKs (gameplay similar and improved a bit around the lunatic inquisition minigame)

- WvW
*Epic scaled wars between Servers on a large amount of different themestyled Maps
*Siege & Conquer Battles
*Class Specific WvW Skills to improve the special Class Roles in WvW for every Class
*Alot more war related WvW Skills
*Much more options for improving siege weapons, fortresses, supply spots ect.
*Improved Commander Mode with lots of specific Commands for the Comnmander to become real strategetic masterminds on the battlefield that have a big influence on the outcome of the battles
*Naval Battles/Underwater Battles
*Aerial Battles

WvW should become more of a War Strategy Game, where every player has to fulfill his roles to win together as a whole server the war agaisnt the other worlds with more strategical capturable things on the map, which can be helpful somehow to get advantage over the enemies in the battle.

• NO RNG anywhere in regard of the Ingame Shop or rewards in the game
  • A huge amount of different Armor and Weapon Sets, both beign fully customizable, renameable ect. in regard of colors
  • A huge amount of Emotes, Partner Emotes, Group Emotes, own specific RP Servers, many different dance styles and not only 1 dance per class. personalized dancing would be the most awesome thing if you could program for your character an own personal dance choreography that would require of the game, that you can 100% move your character freely like a puppet to save the “moves”

Just some basic points, it would be way too much to write about everything how I’d like to see a GW3 in like 5+ years xD
When I see, how innovative certain upcoming games are and how they keep on improving , I ask myself, how ANet could believe over a year ago, that they will be with GW2 innovative, other then with maybe dynamic events and WvW???

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

…developed by a company other than Anet.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

You got it all wrong! Anet is a good company. NCsoft is the bad guys here they holding Anet back.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Xae Isareth.1364

You got it all wrong! Anet is a good company. NCsoft is the bad guys here they holding Anet back.

The question is, who would you want it to be developed by?

Posted by: redhand.7168

redhand.7168

I’d rather have a Guild Wars 1.5 than a Guild Wars 3.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I would not know truth be told i do not think we can even images the level of tech we will have out by the time GW3 comes out but i can tell you how the forums will be like and how much ppl will act on them hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I won’t buy it, period. I won’t purchase another game by this company after the bait and switch that GW2 was.

This.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Don’t know. Still too busy enjoying Guild Wars 2 to think about a possible sequel.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I don’t want there to be a GW3. If we are talking about GW3 now already so soon after GW2 was released that means something is wrong here, really wrong….

Besides if it’s a totally different game it should not even be called the same name. I know, I know you can say well GW2 is not really much like GW1, but still I stand by what I say.

Lets just make GW2 the best it can be and just perhaps update the system/engine in time if we have to but get the main game to the point of where it should and needs to be at – awesome.

I would be happy with that. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Xae Isareth.1364

I think it;d be quite funny if GW3 comes out whilst GW2 is still being updated.

GW3 comes out. Spoilers: humans all died.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

GW3 should be in space.

Posted by: Fiddlybitz.6982

Fiddlybitz.6982

Why is this thread still alive?

They said before this game launched that there would never be a GW3. Play GW2 or don’t play it and move on with your lives.

Saying there will never be GW3 is about as short sighted as Bill Gates saying that 640k RAM should be enough for anybody (paraphrased).

If people want gw3 in the future and A.net has it in the cards, you will see a Gw3.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

This is harsh but where all adults I hope so here my truthful non sugar coated response. I start by talking about GW2 and how I truly feel about it as a game.

Guildwars 2 took everything I loved about Guildwars 1 and threw it out the window much like Diablo 3 did Diablo 2.

When I first started playing this game (the day of release). I bought Gw2 based on the over 5k hours I put into the original Gw1 over 3 years.

I logged in to create my first character I went thought the different races and classes and think o man this is awesome.

I create my first character (human warrior) I go thought the starter zone. I am thinking this is pretty cool very dynamic lots of people. I finish the starter zone and am excited to start my new adventure. I start running around and I realize there are no quest. There are hearts that I have to fill doing different kill/gathering things around them. That’s really unrewarding but no big deal. I spot something called a vista so I get up there and click it and think o wow cool look at the view. Then I realized that gave me exp. These where the quest just map explorer, kill some random bad guys for who knows what reason, or collect some item.

After that I decided GW2 was not the game for me it was nothing like GW 1 so i felt pretty abandoned by Arena.net. I moved on to Starwars the Old Republic. I Played it for 4-6 months. I really enjoyed my time there but got kinda bored and decided it was time to move on.

I decided on a whim to come back to Guildwars 2 to see how it had polished up. I was in the noob zone when I was recruited by my current Guild (I started from scratch). The more I have thought about it the more I have realized the only reason I play GW2 is because of that Guild. Guildwars 2 in my eyes fails at being a great in depth story telling game. The lore is fragmented and extremely shallow. We have characters no one cares about as the main focus.

I guess what I trying to say is if I where to even consider GW3 or another product from Arena.net I would have to make sure that it was not another GW2. I really think Arena.net as a company could be damaged (the same as blizzard has damaged them selfs) by continuing to produce a product that is lackluster and deviates from the wishes of the players.

I will also say I feel Guildwars 2 sold as well as it did off the reputation of Guildwars 1 which was a much loved game.

Xae Isareth.1364

Why is this thread still alive?

They said before this game launched that there would never be a GW3. Play GW2 or don’t play it and move on with your lives.

Saying there will never be GW3 is about as short sighted as Bill Gates saying that 640k RAM should be enough for anybody (paraphrased).

If people want gw3 in the future and A.net has it in the cards, you will see a Gw3.

Only if it’s a profitable undertaking. I’m sure a lot of people want a new WoW but I don’t think Blizzard has started making that yet.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I think GW3 would be something I looked at on the shelf, smiled to myself because of fond GW1 memories, and moved on past.

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

GW3 needs to have

- A lot of emotes like GW1

-Better story similiar to the first GW , How sad were you when the searing happened or how happy were you when brought Shiro down .

- Have the holy trinity back

-Needs a new management , GW3 should be a kickstarter project so they aren’t held back by big name publishers .

- No more cute races , except for my baby Asura , she’s special . =)

-Story should be a bit more serious and grim dark like the first GW .

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Not, as in please no GW3.

GW2 isnt bad, but…
Seeing how much worse GW2 became in comparison to GW1, nty.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Everything I loved about GW1 in a living, persisting world.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

No grind, that’d be great.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Like Gw2 but not violating the Manifesto. And with expansions instead of Living Story.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Will not buy. I’m hooked on this game in some ridiculous lizard brain way, but I’m not dumb enough to do it again.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Everything I loved about GW1 in a living, persisting world.

Just that actually, remake the original with the action combat without the absurd CD’s, some rewarding dynamic events and level scaling and then I could die happy playing it.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

for me I would like GW3 to be nothing like GW2.
1-Story and content should go together and should be repeatable like the missions in GW1.
2-Multi classing and lots of skills.
3- Skills not tied to weapons.
4-Good AI which uses skills instead of bags of hp and one shot mechanic.
5-Smaller world bosses so I can use my sword to kill it not cannons.
6- No down state.
7-less clutter.
8-No RNG or Mystic toilet.

I’m still waiting for them to release Guild Wars 2.

Xae Isareth.1364

I guess if they made GW3 to be my perfect game, it would….

1) have no classes whatsoever and fully embrace action combat. You would have fully costumisable combo chains for each weapon tupe which comes with an utility bar for certain skills which won’t work in a combo chain (eg ground-targeting AoEs).

2) remove stats from gear altogether and focus vertical progression on levelling abilities and skills. Weapons would give you certain effects which are horizontally progressive and armours are just cosmetic.

3) bosses so huge you need to fight them on top of them.

4) fully destructible environment, with environmental weapons being perfect ably usable alternatives to your weapon.

5) incredibly diverse gameplay with elements taken from everything from horror survival to button-bash combat.

6) immersive storyline which combines sci-fi with high-fantasy (much like Starcraft lore I suppose).

Posted by: Fiddlybitz.6982

Fiddlybitz.6982

Shadow of the Collossus-esque boss encounters would be amazing in a multiplayer environment!

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

I’d rather have GW1 upgraded:
- Loads of skills
- No weapon bound skills
- GW1 lore, i mean, GW2 lore is pathetic
- GvG , with ladder
- No zergs,
- Instanced areas, not everything, but like 50/50
- No Square maps,
- CAPES!
- Bosses running around the world that give you the ability to capture an elite skill
- Fow/Uw , speedclearing
- Instanced missions that unlock the next area (with henchies or heroes)
- REAL horizontal progression like GW1
- GW1 armors, elite armors
- Random arenas
- No down state , it makes pvp stupid & unrewarding
- Healers, for PvE & PvP’s sake, it doesn’t even need to be a healer class, you should just be able to heal your entire party as an ele or necro or …
- Lower HP on mobs, better AI
- Targetable buffs, Monsters with targetable attacks
- Hexes (really, bring this back)
- No stacks on conditions, If it’s bleeding, it’s bleeding. (= better for servers anyway)
- No auction house (I love being in an active trade city)
- Free teleports (= no goldsinks)
- NO RNG!
- Effort = reward
- No dodging, i rather use counter spells, they require skill and this leaves way more customization for combat instead of a dodge skill as your only defense against everything.
- No rip-off manifesto, if you promise everyone a black ferrari, you don’t give them a pink golf car. That’s just taking a dld0 and putting it where…
- No banning people because you made a mistake in your own game! It’s like calling the police on someone because you sold him something for free. Just roll-back their acc. like a human being. Calling your game the best, but banning people that find a bug in the game is just sad, anti-social and makes u look like some dictator inside your own game.

All in all, just a SKILL based game where people actually have to communicate with eachother and without anti-social systems like paid teleports

(edited by CoRtex.2157)

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

1) have no classes whatsoever and fully embrace action combat. You would have fully costumisable combo chains for each weapon tupe which comes with an utility bar for certain skills which won’t work in a combo chain (eg ground-targeting AoEs).

2) remove stats from gear altogether and focus vertical progression on levelling abilities and skills. Weapons would give you certain effects which are horizontally progressive and armours are just cosmetic.

4) fully destructible environment, with environmental weapons being perfect ably usable alternatives to your weapon.

5) incredibly diverse gameplay with elements taken from everything from horror survival to button-bash combat.

6) immersive storyline which combines sci-fi with high-fantasy (much like Starcraft lore I suppose).

So…you want something that sounds like a combination of Diablo 3, The Elder Scrolls, maybe Dead Island, maybe Dante’s Inferno, Assassin’s Creed, God Of War, the Halo Series?

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

snip
I may still be in the ‘honeymoon period’ but so far I find GW2 rich, varied and fun. Obviously everyone enjoys different things but I’m surprised that so many people have so many complaints, as I’ve only found a handful of annoyances in the time I’ve played so far.

This thread seems to have attracted a lot of drama queens: “I will never buy an Anet product again”, etc. We’ll see.

This game has, as you say, a handful of annoyances. As for myself I will be moving on to other things as soon as they are available. I play this game because a) I loved GW1, and 2) my daughter plays it and I like bumming around with her in Tyria. I am not “serious” (lol) about this game and I doubt I ever can be.

Xae Isareth.1364

Shadow of the Collossus-esque boss encounters would be amazing in a multiplayer environment!

esque, but not actually like those. They were the most boring bosses I’ve ever fought in all of gaming. I was thinking more so like when you fought Cronos in God of War.

Xae Isareth.1364

So…you want something that sounds like a combination of Diablo 3, The Elder Scrolls, maybe Dead Island, maybe Dante’s Inferno, Assassin’s Creed, God Of War, the Halo Series?

If you were talking about point 5) an example of it would be something like:

You’re jumping across rooftops fighting hordes of demons (the action combat part), but then you step on a loose part of the ground, sending you tumbling down into some sort of an dark underground complex, you twist your ankle in the process, and thus must make your way out of the place cippled (the horror survival part).

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Pretty sure any future development I’m interested in could be built on top of GW2. They extended GW1 quite a way – there’s really no need to waltz into another five-year development cycle, considering the capabilities of the GW2 engine.

Well, except that WvW is always going to be much smaller than I’d dream of, and much more stale because the number of things you can do is pretty limited, and that’s extremely unlikely to change because you have to design a game for that sort of thing from the start; but since the tech for that kind of thing might not really be there yet anyway, it’s still too soon to be thinking about another new game.

Would go for an expansion though. At the rate things are going, by the time we get expansion-style stuff in the game, it’ll be older than GW1 was when it had its final big release (EotN)

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )