HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Izithel.6853

Izithel.6853

As a veteran player I’ve got zero incentive to currently purchase the expansion, the current content given for those prices is not worth it.
Not even a character slot in the base version nor a lower price for existing players

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

It’s 50 bucks for maybe 10 bucks worth of content.

I’m willing to pay 20 though.

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

People on these forums are complaining about the value of the GW2 expansion. I believe that everyone is titled to there opinion, fair enough. BUT if you have ever went to go see a movie when it first came out YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!!! You say GW2 expansion cost too much but you will spend $10-$20 to see a 2 hour movie.

Hmmm… when a movie first comes out. When a movie comes out there have been ratings and reviews and we can easily find out (if we want to) what we are going to get. Right now, they are asking $50 while we don’t know half of what’s in the expansion. Also, when I pay $20 to see a movie I pay the same for the sequel but I can know for sure that the sequel is just as long as the first movie, which I can’t know for sure with the gw2 expansion.

Now let me get this straight. I don’t think that $50 is a bad price. It’s a decent price and I get that an MMO is expensive. However, I hardly know what is in the expansion. So the thing I want to see is, not a price change, but more information about the expansion. What are we going to get, what does the new map look like, how does it play, how many dungeons will there be, how many world bosses will there be, etc. There’s just not enough information available to justify the price.

If what we’ve seen is all we’re going to get then I say, yes, this is overprised. It’s more than I have payed for the base game but it contains less. I don’t know about you but this seems like a bad deal. If there is so much more we haven’t heard about then I say, keep this price.

TL;DR We need more info on what’s going to be in the expansion.

Posted by: BrosefStalin.3475

BrosefStalin.3475

I paid for original GW2 early/beta access, no questions, because I enjoyed the promise of no subscription fees on top of being a GW1 fan. I am willing to pay $30-$40 for the expansion ahead of time, putting my money into their pocket now, again on a future promise of a decent expansion, most of which being a sight unseen. I WANT to give my money over, but when I’m willing to discount my original pre-purchase down to only $10-$20 instead of the full $50-$60 I paid as well as get the expansion at a price $10-$20 less than new players just starting now get both the core and expansion, but denied what seems to be a reasonable compromise from supporting the game since BEFORE its official release and support the expansion BEFORE its official release (buying and selling items on the BLTC and getting gem outfits and keys long before the expansion and even living world were announced not being factored in at any appreciable discount) leads me to warn everyone I come across to avoid this until either the price drops or until more info is revealed.

I’ve already warned my friend group that plays GW2 and a few Twitch streams I frequent with players as well about this. I WANT to buy the expansion, but as the current offers stand, I have no incentive as someone supporting the series to continue to do so. I was close to dropping some money for the new Gem Store items as well, but since I came across this info I quickly nixed that idea.

I’m not asking for anything for free. I don’t want to drive away new players. I want to continue to play, but when new players are paying approx. the same price I paid for just the core and are getting both the core and expansion while I pay for just the expansion, it makes no business sense for anyone that already bought the game outside of the current refund window to buy the expansion. Again, I’m not asking for a free upgrade, just a good-faith discount of preferably $20, willing to swallow only a $10 discount, or even a free character slot on the $50 for being a supporter since before GW2. Something as a nod to being a long-time supporter.

As an aside to those saying this is standard for MMOs now, just because something is standard doesn’t mean they have to follow it. If they really want to grab people, taking a little hit but being more enticing to those already entrenched in FFXIV, WoW, ESO, etc. via certain concessions, like GW1 and GW2 core games started no subscription options, instead of going with the status quo like Destiny offering their expansion and core game bundle as the only version of getting the new expansion, showing that you don’t need to rake veterans over the coals for your profits, and earn more money by attracting even more buyers because you offer the better deal. A friend of mine suggested Bungie and ANet/NCSoft must have gone to the same business conference recently and cooked up this style of “only new, no vets” offering. Watch as the seasoned vets leave, unable to help the new players due to the expansion deal, and the new players get frustrated by having to figure out all the new changes that haven’t had guides made by the veterans now gone, and not only are you out vet expansion purchases AND their gem purchases, you also miss out on future gem purchases from the frustrated new players that have no idea what is going on.

Something, just as simple as a free character slot or $10-$20 discount to those that already purchased the core game while new players get both for their first purchase, something where as an early supporter I paid the full price already once and am willing to pay $30-$40 on top of that, would more easily solve the current dilemma AND an option like that from the start would have prevented the refund fiasco currently being dealt with. Basic good-faith business rewarding those already supporting you while welcoming new players in with the deal makes the most sense, and gives all sides, creators, new players, and veteran players, the best deals all around.

Posted by: calivaty.8295

calivaty.8295

Could not have said it better.

Posted by: jesters.9406

jesters.9406

Completely agree.

If the purchase page had started with $50 that includes HoT and 1 Character Slot, by the time I’d read along the options and got to the Ultimate edition I’d be like “YES ANET TAKE MY MONEY! GIMME THOSE EXTRAS AND THE GEM DISCOUNT” because it would actually feel like a really, really good and exciting deal. But as things stand, I’m feeling the complete opposite. And I say that after being hyped as all get out for HoT since it was announced at PAX.

I’m not adverse to spending money on this franchise—I had two GW1 accounts which both got kitted out with Factions, Nightfall and EotN (some of which Collectors editions) on the release day of each. But to a long term player, not just of GW2 but of the series, this is an incredibly disappointing move and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

anet pls

Posted by: Witte.3160

Witte.3160

So all of you here don’t have any problem of ArenaNet leaving bugs in the game for multiple months, effectively breaking progress for tons of ppl? Lets just prioritize new content and let ppl hang for a few months shall we?

Also when they announced gw2, they said: There will be no grinding in Guild Wars 2. But its nothing but grind and event chain map clear runs etc etc. They should have called it, no brain no skill grind wars.

I actually was glad they pulled a few more dragons out of there kitten s when there was only one destroyer in gw 1 and it was all hush hush about other dragons, yet it was clear there where more. I was hoping, YES we get to kill dragons in endgame. Sadly they will spread it over more predictable grindwars expancions.

And the lackluster GW2 end of zaithan. Worst ending EVAH.

Glad you guys are having fun. And i respect your opinions too, now lets agree to disagree about what we each want from the game.

Clearly i want challenge, and its not delivering. You probably want more grind, and i can’t be bothered with that.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

But what am I getting for “Free” – NOTHING.

What makes you think you you are entitled to anything for “Free”?

And Zoul, you can get an extra account, just make a new account and you get the base game for free. You will have one new account with HOT, and your old account without. If that is what you really want, you can have it.

LOLOL

so you want him to start fresh with HoT? you mean, not take all the characters with hundreds and hundreds of hours upon into the Magumma Jungle?

Anet sure likes putting it to the customer who has been around spending cash in the cash shop.

most people are looking at it like this:

Existing Player: 50.00 for GW2: HoT content, Nothing free
New Player: 50.00 for GW2: HoT, GW2 free

basically, existing players are getting shafted

Posted by: ArrogantHero.4965

ArrogantHero.4965

And food and water I need for my survival so there is a lot of value in that.

Yeah, but you don’t need it to come from a restaurant, which was the point.

Yeah, and I was being a smart@$$, which my point was I’m not complaining but all you others are. That’s the difference.

Posted by: A bitz.3825

A bitz.3825

I won’t be buying the expansion for 50$ as well and will just have to be patient and hope it gets a release of it’s own or a large sale a year after it’s been around. It really is a terrible deal to existing players, you are buying a second copy of a game you already own with no bonuses attached(standard one). Better to start a new account with such a deal.

I’m placing my bets on another mmo instead, which is starting its last closed beta next week for 20 bucks. If it’s good I think that’s where Ill stay and maybe pop back to check gw2 if the xpac gets released as a add on.

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

I’m happy stop your whining, its a free base game to new players, I paid for ultimate and I’m happy. peasant’s should go back to WoW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Great, worst case scenario happened. This is gonna separate and tear apart the community. I cant believe Anet did this

Its a great deal for those not already owning GW2… But for those that do (ie all of us) its a horrible deal. We’re paying €10-20 extra out of kitten s for absolutely nothing at all. Like buying a game and throwing it away. There should be an online only upgrade pack for like €25. Right now, we have no choice. We must buy GW2+HoT only to throw away GW2.

Secondly, the Deluxe Edition is horrible value. The only thing we wanted was a character slot and that’s not worth the extra €30. On the flipside, the €100 Ultimate Edition is good value compared to the €45 standard. WTF Anet. You know exactly what you are doing, right?

Posted by: BongoFury.4102

BongoFury.4102

The character slot isn’t the problem at all. Adding a character slot to the cost wouldn’t change my mind. I could easily just buy more slots with gold. The problem here is $50 isn’t worth it and new players are being rewarded with way more for the price than veteran players. That is what is unacceptable.

Char slot might not be the problem for you, but it is for me.

Personally I’m not really concerned with looking over the shoulder and comparing with what new players get. I simply look at what value I get for the money, and in this case quickly conclude that it’s a no deal.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

For 50 bucks it better be just as big as the original game.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Oh my god… this post is priceless in more ways than one :P

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Completely agree.

If the purchase page had started with $50 that includes HoT and 1 Character Slot, by the time I’d read along the options and got to the Ultimate edition I’d be like “YES ANET TAKE MY MONEY! GIMME THOSE EXTRAS AND THE GEM DISCOUNT” because it would actually feel like a really, really good and exciting deal. But as things stand, I’m feeling the complete opposite. And I say that after being hyped as all get out for HoT since it was announced at PAX.

I’m not adverse to spending money on this franchise—I had two GW1 accounts which both got kitted out with Factions, Nightfall and EotN (some of which Collectors editions) on the release day of each. But to a long term player, not just of GW2 but of the series, this is an incredibly disappointing move and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

anet pls

It’s a giantkittenand slap in the face. Whoever was responsible for dreaming up this marketing plan should be given a kick.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Can you 2 please explain what the 5th race is for us all lol

Human, Norn, Asura, Charr, Sylvari.

Maybe you are a programmer and start counting from 0.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

It’s 50 bucks for maybe 10 bucks worth of content.

I’m willing to pay 20 though.

Were you really expecting HoT to be $20? That’s like, the cost of a couple of FO3 DLC that takes maybe 5-6 hours to play. That’s 2000 gems, not even enough for 3 outfits.

Personally, I expected $40 (same as FF14).

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Yeah, and I was being a smart@$$, which my point was I’m not complaining but all you others are. That’s the difference.

But you are complaining about people complaining. Also not participating in the Marvel movie discussion (also where did the train topic go?).

ArrogantHero.4965

People on these forums are complaining about the value of the GW2 expansion. I believe that everyone is titled to there opinion, fair enough. BUT if you have ever went to go see a movie when it first came out YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!!! You say GW2 expansion cost too much but you will spend $10-$20 to see a 2 hour movie.

Hmmm… when a movie first comes out. When a movie comes out there have been ratings and reviews and we can easily find out (if we want to) what we are going to get. Right now, they are asking $50 while we don’t know half of what’s in the expansion. Also, when I pay $20 to see a movie I pay the same for the sequel but I can know for sure that the sequel is just as long as the first movie, which I can’t know for sure with the gw2 expansion.

Now let me get this straight. I don’t think that $50 is a bad price. It’s a decent price and I get that an MMO is expensive. However, I hardly know what is in the expansion. So the thing I want to see is, not a price change, but more information about the expansion. What are we going to get, what does the new map look like, how does it play, how many dungeons will there be, how many world bosses will there be, etc. There’s just not enough information available to justify the price.

If what we’ve seen is all we’re going to get then I say, yes, this is overprised. It’s more than I have payed for the base game but it contains less. I don’t know about you but this seems like a bad deal. If there is so much more we haven’t heard about then I say, keep this price.

There does need to be more information on the expansion. But no one is making you pre-order yet so you are free to wait.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m happy stop your whining, its a free base game to new players, I paid for ultimate and I’m happy. peasant’s should go back to WoW

This sounds like the ravings of an eight-year-old…

Just sayin’.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Great, worst case scenario happened. This is gonna separate and tear apart the community. I cant believe Anet did this

Its a great deal for those not already owning GW2… But for those that do (ie all of us) its a horrible deal. We’re paying €10-20 extra out of kitten s for absolutely nothing at all. Like buying a game and throwing it away. There should be an online only upgrade pack for like €25. Right now, we have no choice. We must buy GW2+HoT only to throw away GW2.

Secondly, the Deluxe Edition is horrible value. The only thing we wanted was a character slot and that’s not worth the extra €30. On the flipside, the €100 Ultimate Edition is good value compared to the €45 standard. WTF Anet. You know exactly what you are doing, right?

It’s a big scam to get people to buy 4k gems that they probably don’t need. Only way you’re gonna get HoT without feeling like you wasted money. But in reality it’s still a waste of money because I’m pretty sure it won’t even have 40 bucks worth of content.

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Also it will be $50 of content that will be nerfed into the ground devaluing it even more so.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Human, Norn, Asura, Charr, Sylvari.

Maybe you are a programmer and start counting from 0.

kitten Charr forgot them grrrr they shouldn’t count. My bad. Still doesn’t change my thoughts on the matter.

Posted by: Morkel.2039

Morkel.2039

I completely agree with the OP, I think it is the most balanced opinion I have read on the topic this morning.

The price itself is not a problem for me… I mean, I payed more for single player games that required probably the same hours to play HoT story alone.
What is really missing is a character slot for existing accounts. This would reasonably balance think for old players, and new players would still have the nice “extra”.
Please Anet consider this!

ArrogantHero.4965

But you are complaining about people complaining. Also not participating in the Marvel movie discussion (also where did the train topic go?).

No I’m complaining about hypocrites. Didn’t you read my first post?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

There does need to be more information on the expansion. But no one is making you pre-order yet so you free free to wait.

Avengers movie trailers are more valuable, and much cooler, than HoT trailers.

Posted by: piza.9310

piza.9310

There does need to be more information on the expansion. But no one is making you pre-order yet so you free free to wait.

That would’ve killed the game for me. If they forced people to buy it, a ton of players would leave the game. I hope we get some clarification soon. Until then I’m hanging onto my wallet.

Posted by: Shakunaw.9854

Shakunaw.9854

Let’s compare the prices with two expansions. 45euro, WOD, 50, HOT.
Content – 15% of land uncovered, a few features, a new class. (HOT)
Content – A new planet, new models, entirely new ‘housing’ system, and so on. (WOD)
I doubt the content is worth 50 euro for HOT, that’s just my opinion, you people can rage all you want, I’ve put whinewhine title for a reason.

Posted by: Thaark.8064

Thaark.8064

Dear ArenaNet THIS is highly bad business…
This is also false advertising for everyone who bought the game between the FAQ-Post and today. This is not the ArenaNet we knew.

You really have a good hand on screwing your player-base and causing a rage-wave haven’t you? – the forums and reddit are exploding like hell and the people complaining are right.

it is totally ok to price the XPac with 50 bucks
it is totally ok to give the base game for free to new players*
it is totally ok to deliver different packs with different inclusions

*BUT it is absolutely not OK to forget the loyal playerbase who financed the game over the past years. Where is the benefit for the Veterans?
I get more for my money if i create a new account than i get if i upgrade my existing one.

If you include the Basegame to the HOT Pack it is totally obvious that its unfair for the existing veterans if they get nothing if they upgrade for the same price the new players have to pay.

This.

I’m not upset about the price of HOT, pretty much what I was expecting.
Not upset about the core game being free from now on, since players will want the full game anyway.
But I expeted veterans players to have something either :

• a lower price (not by much something like the 10 bucks that the core game in the last sale)
    or
  • having two separate code one for the core, one for HOT that would have at least allowed us to try and bring friends during the summer that would have bought HOT eventualy, so not a bad move financially either.
    or
  • having a title and a free slot for long time players.

Posted by: SAMMZ.9712

SAMMZ.9712

Anet, you seriously kitten the bed with this decision. Not mad, just disappointed that I ever believed in you.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I think we should get back to the Avengers edition of HoT. I liked your Ironman backpiece idea. Robert Downey Jr. can sass me any time he likes.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

“And the forums begin to blossom with threads of those that whine about other peoples whine threads, and so the circle of life continues.”-David Attenborough voice.

You win the internet for today good sir.

Posted by: komokoro.7542

komokoro.7542

$50 is a lot considering how many games you can buy on steam with that amount of money. The expansion pack should have cost $10—20 for the existing players and $30 for new players. I feel really sad about this.

ArrogantHero.4965

Avengers movie trailers are more valuable, and much cooler, than HoT trailers.

LOL I can’t argue that logic

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think I see the tracks waaaaay over there —-—->

Nope, the train has left Earth and is headed for the stars.

See You Space Conductor…

Pfff. The triple 7? The triple 9 is the only way to travel.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Let’s compare the prices with two expansions. 45euro, WOD, 50, HOT.
Content – 15% of land uncovered, a few features, a new class. (HOT)
Content – A new planet, new models, entirely new ‘housing’ system, and so on. (WOD)
I doubt the content is worth 50 euro for HOT, that’s just my opinion, you people can rage all you want, I’ve put whinewhine title for a reason.

LOL, no you are not being fair to hot, try again.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

I bought the GW2 for 23 EU, so…you’re saying the expansion costs more than the core game, that’s some awesome marketing. It’s like intelligence has been vanquished.

ArrogantHero.4965

Thanks everyone for the TROLOLOL’S!

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

The issue is not the price of a game, it’s the price of an expansion. Does this game have the exact same amount of content as GW2 did at launch? If so absolutely $50 is a steal compared to GW2’s $59.99 at launch. If not an expansion should not be full priced and from what i’ve heard we are getting two zones albeit LARGE zones but nowhere near as big as GW2’s map at launch and most of the features are coming in a free content pack before HoT release. $50 is ALOT for what little we’ve heard about the expansion and plain and simple I want substance for my money.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

ArrogantHero.4965

Thanks everyone for the TROLOLOL’S!

Well 75% troll 25% seriousness.

Posted by: Var.8305

Var.8305

I wonder if they really were thinking this would work.

GW1 was so different, I can’t believe this is GW2.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

So all of you here don’t have any problem of ArenaNet leaving bugs in the game for multiple months, effectively breaking progress for tons of ppl? Lets just prioritize new content and let ppl hang for a few months shall we?

Also when they announced gw2, they said: There will be no grinding in Guild Wars 2. But its nothing but grind and event chain map clear runs etc etc. They should have called it, no brain no skill grind wars.

I actually was glad they pulled a few more dragons out of there kitten s when there was only one destroyer in gw 1 and it was all hush hush about other dragons, yet it was clear there where more. I was hoping, YES we get to kill dragons in endgame. Sadly they will spread it over more predictable grindwars expancions.

And the lackluster GW2 end of zaithan. Worst ending EVAH.

Glad you guys are having fun. And i respect your opinions too, now lets agree to disagree about what we each want from the game.

Clearly i want challenge, and its not delivering. You probably want more grind, and i can’t be bothered with that.

Can I have your stuff before you leave?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I think I see the tracks waaaaay over there —-—->

Nope, the train has left Earth and is headed for the stars.

See You Space Conductor…

Pfff. The triple 7? The triple 9 is the only way to travel.

Very true.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

You don’t spend 20$ to see a 20 minute movie though,unless you are a person
of exquisite taste and culture.
So HoT compared to a proper two and a half hour blockbuster,is a 20 minute short film about the fish in Sahara desert that consists of two very long scenes depicting the
shifting of the desert sands and no fish at all.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It’s a big scam to get people to buy 4k gems that they probably don’t need. Only way you’re gonna get HoT without feeling like you wasted money. But in reality it’s still a waste of money because I’m pretty sure it won’t even have 40 bucks worth of content.

Of course its a scam to get people to pay out their kitten , but it doesnt change the fact that 4K gems do cost €50 today, meaning you only pay €5 for the extra fluff. An additional slot is currently at €10. So its value compared to the Standard Edition… which isnt value at all of course.

The sad thing is that I dont think Anet even understand how players are today, how easy it is to move to another game just because of things like this tipping the scale. They may just have mortally wounded GW2.

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

The character slot isn’t the problem at all. Adding a character slot to the cost wouldn’t change my mind. I could easily just buy more slots with gold. The problem here is $50 isn’t worth it and new players are being rewarded with way more for the price than veteran players. That is what is unacceptable.

Adding a character slot to the purchase, at the very least, justifies the extra $10 that you’re currently paying for nothing. Sure we could buy more slots for gold; but by that logic, we should just be able to buy HoT for gold. Same thing really, and I’d be okay with that.

The problem is the fact that, with the inclusion of the base game for free, HoT is essentially a standalone with less content than EotN (an expansion).
Veteran players will be paying, in total $50 (for the base game they already bought) + $50 (for the HoT expansion) = $100 for veterans, $50 for newcomers.

So unless we get a refund on the base game, veterans are objectively losing an extra $50 for nothing.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Posted by: Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Hammersmash Ureface.2650

Incentive. That’s the key word out of all this because as it stands new players get all the incentive. Not only do they get the exp for $50, they also get the full game for free and 5 empty character slots to do with as they please. Anyone buying it for a mule account also gets their moneys worth for the $50 pack. Absolutely. As stated, full game, exp, 5 slots.

Old players not willing to pay $100 for the Ultimate pack, arguably the only one that comes close to value for money, get absolute zero incentive. Link the $50 exp to your main, and lose:
5 character slots
Storage tab
Vanilla GW2 which fizzes into nothingness forever, taking the aforementioned with it.(I wonder, will those numbers still be added to overall GW player numbers for sales figures that look better in press releases)
Pay $75 and you get some worthless trinkets that will rarely ever see the light of day. Like the minis and skins from HoM in GW1, they’re neat and all, but there’s no prestige, they’ll never be seen again once the things that cost money proliferate..Any Hat Wars player knows this is truth.
You also get a slot which would have cost you 10 bucks had you paid for it with gems. ($15 saved so far, just buy basic+slot for 60 tot)~ So, no value there either.

Ultimately, only Ultimate is……sorta….worth buying, and again, only really for stuff you won’t really use and a slot, so basically $60 worth with $50 worth of gems and a 10 buck discount..

To anyone with a brain, there is just no incentive. I have a brain, I don’t however have the sort of disposable income that allows for me to splash out a minimum of $180 to get us all playing something that should have cost us $120 tops..

Since GW1 – [MLM] – Meeting of the Lost Minds

Posted by: Strach.1572

Strach.1572

you are not buying the game twice……the expension price is 50$ but for someone who dont have the core game aleady they get it for free as a bonus.its a way to attract new comer.

Not quite as the new comer will have to buy the whole package if will want to play further, so its a dirt offer i hope they will rewrite the whole thing and its just for a pre purchase and after goes live the upgrade, and only upgrade will be priced half of what they ask now.

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

But according to some people on the forum, we have no right to complain and ANet doesn’t owe us anything and can basically kitten us over any way they like!

Gawd, man. Just buy the expansion and be happy like everyone else who doesn’t care about overpricing.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.