i want the wings back

i want the wings back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

obviously not the one u can buy in the trading post BUT i want the teq wings and shattered wings available to us, idc if its by crafting or w.e…..I WANT IT AVAILABLE NO MATTER WHAT! :<

i want the wings back

Posted by: Trx.5298

Trx.5298

Thats the thing with Guild Wars, you’ll most likely not see those skins available again. It makes them exceptionally rare trophies for those who took the time to get them during the time it was available. Guild Wars 1 had LOTS of these, mainly in mini’s.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Thats the thing with Guild Wars, you’ll most likely not see those skins available again. It makes them exceptionally rare trophies for those who took the time to get them during the time it was available. Guild Wars 1 had LOTS of these, mainly in mini’s.

except you could buy the mini pets from other people

i want the wings back

Adry.7512

nah i dont think so. it does nothing for the market and if it doesnt effect the market and btw the items i speak of, arent available in the TP then they will prob bring it back, or make it available through crafting and hardwork.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Nope, the holo and teq wings were tied to achievement title tracks. If you completed them then you deserved to have those wings. If Anet made them available through crafting or some other such way, the player backlash would be quite serious. Allowing crafting of it would be basically the same as giving it away.

You might have a slim chance of seeing them again if Anet bring back Dragon Bash but otherwise you’ll just have to live with not ever getting them.

FYI I missed out on the Teq wings, which may have been nice for my necro. I had the shattered holo wings but they were applied over a fractal capacitor which I later put through the mystic forge to infuse thus losing the wing cover. I’m none too fussed as I got tired of the flappy nonsense.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Those wings are extremely ugly.

Can’t understand why people wants to run around with them.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Those wings are extremely ugly.

Can’t understand why people wants to run around with them.

I know. I wish I could sell mine :P

i want the wings back

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i find grinding to get achievement just for a costume skin not really “taking the time” and also not a way to grand a reward, what happened with doing a big quest or mission to get a reward, does it always have to be a grind?

i want the wings back

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Nope, the holo and teq wings were tied to achievement title tracks. If you completed them then you deserved to have those wings. If Anet made them available through crafting or some other such way, the player backlash would be quite serious. Allowing crafting of it would be basically the same as giving it away.

You might have a slim chance of seeing them again if Anet bring back Dragon Bash but otherwise you’ll just have to live with not ever getting them.

FYI I missed out on the Teq wings, which may have been nice for my necro. I had the shattered holo wings but they were applied over a fractal capacitor which I later put through the mystic forge to infuse thus losing the wing cover. I’m none too fussed as I got tired of the flappy nonsense.

So tough luck if you didn’t have the game at the time?

Also anet has brought back many rewards, this is just another one. And the likely will bring it back.

i want the wings back

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Those wings are one of the most silly looking crap items in this game. Looks totally stupid, unrealistic, too fancy, boring, crappy etc. Just imagine a Game of Thrones Character running around with holographic Dragon Wings, WTF? Never understood this hype about those items. But maybe it’s about the underaged manga-bulgy-eyes community.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

i want the wings back

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Those wings are one of the most silly looking crap items in this game. Looks totally stupid, unrealistic, too fancy, boring, crappy etc. Just imagine a Game of Thrones Character running around with holographic Dragon Wings, WTF? Never understood this hype about those items. But maybe it’s about the underaged manga-bulgy-eyes community.

That, would, be…..AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I can’t make enough exclamation points to emphasize how awesome it would be) Game of Thrones is way too boring, drab, political, realistic, and historical!!! It took everything that was good about Lord of the Rings, removed everything that was good about Lord of the Rings, mixed equal parts boring politics and extremely descriptive sex drive, then threw dragons in there to claim it was still fantasy.

Holographic Dragon wings appearing on a character or two out of thousands would make it slightly less annoying when a character you read less than a sentence about a hundred pages before seem slightly more memorable.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

i want the wings back

Posted by: Gaebriel.3754

Gaebriel.3754

Never understood the appeal for those either. Only rarely do I see an actually nice looking set incorporating the wings, usually people ruin perfectly good looks with those horrible flappy things! Though at least it’s slightly better than those tentacles, I can’t imagine why people want that on a character. :P

i want the wings back

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

The shattered wings are poorly attached/animated for humans, norn, asura, and sylvari. They are tilted to swoop upward awkwardly… They only look good on Charr because Charr stand hunched over. I wish they would fix that.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

i find grinding to get achievement just for a costume skin not really “taking the time” and also not a way to grand a reward, what happened with doing a big quest or mission to get a reward, does it always have to be a grind?

I believe that they had made it so the event specific daily achievement counted towards the meta around that time. There really was no grind and it would likely take even less time to get the achievements compared to farming the gold if they were sellable or craftable. Just look at the price of the holographic one.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

i want the wings back

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

NO NO NO NO you didnt get it , you dont have it . it is really simple I dont understand why people think that they can get what ever they want , you missed it sry you will never have these wings in this game

i want the wings back

sorudo.9054

NO NO NO NO you didnt get it , you dont have it . it is really simple I dont understand why people think that they can get what ever they want , you missed it sry you will never have these wings in this game

they said they same thing about GW1 hats, guess what happened

i want the wings back

Posted by: Lusts.3890

Lusts.3890

Adry doesn’t seem to understand how events work in Guild Wars series. As someone who has played GW1 for 8+ years, and GW2 since it’s beta. When ArenaNet does events, they always release exclusive rewards for participating in these events. Every year these rewards are different. They are to reward loyal players who participated and took the time to earn these rewards during these events. The new items they release are for new players who join the game at a later time.

You will not see these wings return. The Teq wings were there specifically for the Teq / Dragon update and to reward players to engage and try out the new boss mechanics they added into these fights. If they had never made these exclusive, barely anyone would participate in these events when they are released and the community would spread out more often and go for the “rewards” on their own time. The point of these events are to bring the community together, make things lively, have players play together instead of spread out all over the world.

Short answer is. No, you’re not getting the wings. If you joined Guild Wars 2 after these events, then you don’t really have a right to say “They should be this”. You’re just like those people who complain about Excalibur Prime and their exclusivity to Founders on Warframe. If you joined before the event or played during the event, then it’s your fault for not working for the wings or ignoring the emails that are sent to you when each living story comes out.

No.

Please support your love for the Log-In Screen!
V Click Here! V
http://tinyurl.com/kb5jo4l

i want the wings back

sorudo.9054

Adry doesn’t seem to understand how events work in Guild Wars series. As someone who has played GW1 for 8+ years, and GW2 since it’s beta. When ArenaNet does events, they always release exclusive rewards for participating in these events. Every year these rewards are different. They are to reward loyal players who participated and took the time to earn these rewards during these events. The new items they release are for new players who join the game at a later time.

You will not see these wings return. The Teq wings were there specifically for the Teq / Dragon update and to reward players to engage and try out the new boss mechanics they added into these fights. If they had never made these exclusive, barely anyone would participate in these events when they are released and the community would spread out more often and go for the “rewards” on their own time. The point of these events are to bring the community together, make things lively, have players play together instead of spread out all over the world.

Short answer is. No, you’re not getting the wings. If you joined Guild Wars 2 after these events, then you don’t really have a right to say “They should be this”. You’re just like those people who complain about Excalibur Prime and their exclusivity to Founders on Warframe. If you joined before the event or played during the event, then it’s your fault for not working for the wings or ignoring the emails that are sent to you when each living story comes out.

No.

i play GW for 9+ years and i say you talk BS, they eventually made an NPC that rewards players with a hat when collecting a stack of even items like candy cane shards or candy corn.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Please not the wings. They’re ugly. I’d rather see some more backpiece skins come out in the gem store, through crafting or through token rewards – or permanent living story add-ons. Just not those wings, any backpiece skins but those wings.

i play GW for 9+ years and i say you talk BS, they eventually made an NPC that rewards players with a hat when collecting a stack of even items like candy cane shards or candy corn.

After, like, 8 years.

i want the wings back

sorudo.9054

Please not the wings. They’re ugly. I’d rather see some more backpiece skins come out in the gem store, through crafting or through token rewards – or permanent living story add-ons. Just not those wings, any backpiece skins but those wings.

After, like, 8 years.

7 actually, they also never asked to do a full set of titles for the reward, be there and you have the hat.
if they did that exactly the way GW1 did then i could understand the exclusively but since they locked it away behind a huge achievement grind and the achievements can’t be done anymore i now side with adding the wings back in the game as reward.
heck, add them like they did with the rest, takes quite a bit of time and laurels can only be gained ones a day i see no reason to keep them out.

i want the wings back

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

After, like, 8 years.

7 actually, they also never asked to do a full set of titles for the reward, be there and you have the hat.
if they did that exactly the way GW1 did then i could understand the exclusively but since they locked it away behind a huge achievement grind and the achievements can’t be done anymore i now side with adding the wings back in the game as reward.
heck, add them like they did with the rest, takes quite a bit of time and laurels can only be gained ones a day i see no reason to keep them out.

huge achi grind LOL we have enough noobish 111111 content , yh it is really horrible that there is any challenge but lets nerf everything everyone should have every possible skin after turning on game becasue stupid society though people that they deserve everything becasue they want something . exclusive time-gated content is exclusive just no i hope you will never get these wings , just keep going .

i want the wings back

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

After, like, 8 years.

I imagine they’ll add the wings back whenever they work out the kinks in the Story Journal to include S1 as well…(if they ever work out the kinks).

i want the wings back

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I would also like the wings available. My Teq wings were removed from my bank due to a bug and the devs refused to give them back. It would be nice if they added the wings to the rest of the season 1 rewards. The shatter wings I can understand why those weren’t added since it was part of Dragon Bash but the Teq wings were actually part of the living story.

i want the wings back

Adry.7512

Okay i understand the shattered wings, but the sunless wings for the living story HAVE to come back, they said that season 1 living story will be available in the story journal…which would also mean that also will the rewards and achievements.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

You must’ve missed the Crown Pavillion/Zephyrite event that ran May-July and had all of the Season One meta rewards EXCEPT for the shattered holographic dragon wings and wings of the sunless.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

i want the wings back

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

It took everything that was good about Lord of the Rings, removed everything that was good about Lord of the Rings, mixed equal parts boring politics and extremely descriptive sex drive, then threw dragons in there to claim it was still fantasy.

Are you saying it needs more Bible fan fiction in it’s lore ? ;p

GoT/ASOIAF might not be what you like in a book or TV show, but that’s why there are many different ones out there (it’s not my favourite series, and I’m not really a fan of the “fantasy” elements in it, but it IS “Fantasy” even if you personally don’t like what elements of storytelling the series focuses on). And since I’ve been reading Fantasy since I was a kid, it’s nice to have a series that does it a bit differently even if I don’t think it’s always successful in everything it’s trying to do.

And, really, GW2 is not going to stop having ridiculous things to wear in it, I don’t think that’s an issue here at all. GW2 is more like Discworld than GoT or LotR. Lord of the Rings is itself pretty light on actual magic. LotR certainly did not have and would never have had anything like Holographic Dragon Wings. Even when LotR used “magic” or “mythical elements” they were presented in a very natural way. I mean, we can now turn into furniture, Douglas Adams would be proud. GW2 is very, very far from the very serious approach that LotR took. And that’s not a bad thing, either in the same way it’s not a bad thing that GoT didn’t do the same things LotR did. If everything took the same approach using the same methods that would be really quite boring.

Really, you have nothing to worry about. This is a game where one of the Legendary Weapons is a disco ball for heaven’s sake, there’s no reason to worry it’s going to become too realistic.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

It took everything that was good about Lord of the Rings, removed everything that was good about Lord of the Rings, mixed equal parts boring politics and extremely descriptive sex drive, then threw dragons in there to claim it was still fantasy.

Are you saying it needs more Bible fan fiction in it’s lore ? ;p

GoT/ASOIAF might not be what you like in a book or TV show, but that’s why there are many different ones out there (it’s not my favourite series, and I’m not really a fan of the “fantasy” elements in it, but it IS “Fantasy” even if you personally don’t like what elements of storytelling the series focuses on). And since I’ve been reading Fantasy since I was a kid, it’s nice to have a series that does it a bit differently even if I don’t think it’s always successful in everything it’s trying to do.

And, really, GW2 is not going to stop having ridiculous things to wear in it, I don’t think that’s an issue here at all. GW2 is more like Discworld than GoT or LotR. Lord of the Rings is itself pretty light on actual magic. LotR certainly did not have and would never have had anything like Holographic Dragon Wings. Even when LotR used “magic” or “mythical elements” they were presented in a very natural way. I mean, we can now turn into furniture, Douglas Adams would be proud. GW2 is very, very far from the very serious approach that LotR took. And that’s not a bad thing, either in the same way it’s not a bad thing that GoT didn’t do the same things LotR did. If everything took the same approach using the same methods that would be really quite boring.

Really, you have nothing to worry about. This is a game where one of the Legendary Weapons is a disco ball for heaven’s sake, there’s no reason to worry it’s going to become too realistic.

That post was just some commentary on what I think of Game of Thrones (as compared to its polar opposite in almost every way) and I was just answering someone who somewhat wants to drop the silliness and make Tyria to be a hyper realistic setting based 99.9% on history like Weteros is. I never said I didn’t like it. The point is, is that Westeros is a very different sort of fictional world than Tyria is, and neither are the same sort of world that Middle Earth is.

i want the wings back

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I’d have to disagree it is likely we will see them in the from of a Reward Track for sPvP.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.