idea for boon ripping

idea for boon ripping

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

If you rip a boon you also apply a an unremoveable condition that prevents them from reapplying the same boon for 3 seconds

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

idea for boon ripping

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

something like that would be nice. cant tell you how annoying it is to try and deal with pulsing stability or massive boon spam in general. boons are way more out of control then condis.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

idea for boon ripping

Envy.1679

I heal thread with [bump]

idea for boon ripping

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Yup give a boon when ever you cleanse a condition that can’t be stripped and makes you immune for those condition. Sounds rather bad? Well there you go. I sincerly doubt we need more conditions in gw2 while the existing ones aren’t well implemented.

idea for boon ripping

Envy.1679

Yup give a boon when ever you cleanse a condition that can’t be stripped and makes you immune for those condition. Sounds rather bad? Well there you go. I sincerly doubt we need more conditions in gw2 while the existing ones aren’t well implemented.

Thats an hilarious example of a strawman argument

idea for boon ripping

Silberfederling.9302

Yeah well if you think the game needs more condition and even ones you can not cleanse have fun. i see no reason to bumb this threat if you just want to drive the condi masterrace agenda. Have fun.

idea for boon ripping

Envy.1679

Yeah well if you think the game needs more condition and even ones you can not cleanse have fun. i see no reason to bumb this threat if you just want to drive the condi masterrace agenda. Have fun.

It’s like the word condition scares you.

Its basically a cooldown. You could call weapon skill cooldowns conditions.

You’re attacking the idea for the use of the word condition instead of arguing against the mechanic presented.

(edited by Envy.1679)

idea for boon ripping

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want a skill that turns boons into Chromatic Oozes.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

idea for boon ripping

Silberfederling.9302

I am not a big fan of the current condition system in the game, so yes unless this and its availability for all classes is revised i do not care for another condition. You can call it Paul for all i care, condition damage and the connected gameplay varies too much from gimmick to push over. While similar is true for boons i higly doubt that exchanging one poorly implemented mechanic for another is the solution to overstacking.
Regarding your bait and attempt of putting me into the position of a power peasent i suggest you try to be less condecendig or might recive an answer in kind. This however is not the foundation one should try to build an argument on.

You even missed the pun in beging afraid of condition… Shame on you

Edit: if i am not clearly unterstandable, english is not my native language and i write from my phone, thus autocorrect proves to be quite the condition.

(edited by Silberfederling.9302)

idea for boon ripping

Envy.1679

I am not a big fan of the current condition system in the game, so yes unless this and its availability for all classes is revised i do not care for another condition. You can call it Paul for all i care, condition damage and the connected gameplay varies too much from gimmick to push over. While similar is true for boons i higly doubt that exchanging one poorly implemented mechanic for another is the solution to overstacking.
Regarding your bait and attempt of putting me into the position of a power peasent i suggest you try to be less condecendig or might recive an answer in kind. This however is not the foundation one should try to build an argument on.

Edit: if i am not clearly unterstandable, english is not my native language and i write from my phone, thus autocorrect proves to be quite the condition.

It simply feels like If I hadnt presented the mechanic in the form of a condition you wouldnt have had that reaction.

If any class gets boon ripped by any class, they shoudlnt be able to reapply the same boon within 3 seconds. That is my suggestion whether or not it is in the form of a condition.

This does not add an actual condition to the game, it only deals with boon spam.

idea for boon ripping

Silberfederling.9302

It simply feels like If I hadnt presented the mechanic in the form of a condition you wouldnt have had that reaction.

Actually i simply do not think it should be unremovable. There is the problem for me. Make it removable, but make it available to all classes, maybe even give it an additional effect.
“Out of balance”: you stumble loose a boon every pulse

The problem with condition removal for that matter is however that some classes can’t shroud the DPS condition from removal as good as other classes. Mes and necro even engi throw a crapton of conditions at you, but only a few are the ones you want to cleanse. Others have a major dmg condition but can not shroud it in crap to protect it from removal. So it is a problem of condition availability throughout the classes you see. No condition should be unremovable, neither should be boons, thats why you can steal resistance. I think balance is not imbalance from one side to another, therefore it should be removable and condition availability throughout all classes revised.

So no i do not hate conditions, but the rather poor decision of not giving it in equal availability to all classes.

idea for boon ripping

Posted by: rebellion.2473

rebellion.2473

Maybe a status effect like that would be cool but not balanced for constant as mesmer has it on autoattack