idiots moments

idiots moments

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orion Star.3651

Orion Star.3651

Here is where we share our idiot moments.

Today i got rid of my staff and bought 2 daggers regretted my decisio so i bought Deathwish of the tp.

idiots moments

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Let’s see… I deleted a character with a full set of Aetherblade armor skins on it. I have messed up at least half a dozen transmutations by not paying attention. I bought a name change contract and then misspelled the new name and didn’t notice until I had accepted the change. Countless falling deaths from once again not paying attention. A whole host of other things and I think you can see the trend is basically from not paying attention. I don’t know if this occurs because I really don’t care that much or I have other things on my mind. Probably a mixture of both.

The Burninator

idiots moments

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I listed Dusk on the TP after getting incredibly lucky with a daily “Mystic Forge” achievement.
Then when the TP bot kicked in listing another 10 at exactly the same price a mine, I removed the listing, forgetting that I needed another 30 gold to list it again.

I eventually scraped the gold together to list it again, but I felt a right muppet.

And what was interesting was that I purposefully watched the trading post when I relisted it, and sure enough, within seconds of posting the lowest price, something had posted an additional 10 at the same price. That it was exactly 10 both times I listed it tipped me off that someone’s using a bot to play the TP.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

idiots moments

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Have been upgrading my t3 cultural armor with celestial stats.
i crafted the boots equipped them, thought i dont need my old boots so i salvaged them, suddenly i realised i need the t3 skin, had to go buy another pair @ 12g and transmuted the skin, felt a right chump

idiots moments

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Just last night I was node tapping in Malchor’s and saw a Rich Mithril Node under one of the ruined buildings near the skill point in the SW — the one where the now Champion Risen Knight that no one kills roams. On past occasions, the Knight ignored me when I was in that small, enclosed space, so I went on in.

This time, it noticed me. My second mistake was assuming I could tap the node just one more time! It used its Path of Fire ability (or whatever it’s called), except there was nowhere for it to path. All of the explosions and flame patches went off in exactly the same spot — which I was unfortunate enough to be in. 32K damage in one second.

@ToT. Yeah, I salvaged a Krytan Armor skin for the rune, then remembered I wanted to transmute the skin, So, you have my sympathy.

idiots moments

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Awesome! I’m glad I’m not the only one that has these moments!

First, I can’t say how many characters I’ve deleted without checking the inventory or stripping off and selling their armor! Like really, EVERY time. Why can’t I remember this??

Most idiot moment EVER… doing my first jumping puzzle (can’t remember which one it was), and read through the help guide somewhere, and it says “DO NOT FALL INTO THE HOLE JUST BEFORE THE CHEST”. It takes me about an hour to finally get up the chest… and I fall through the hole in front of it…. I cry a little every time I think about it.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

idiots moments

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I listed Dusk on the TP after getting incredibly lucky with a daily “Mystic Forge” achievement.
Then when the TP bot kicked in listing another 10 at exactly the same price a mine, I removed the listing, forgetting that I needed another 30 gold to list it again.

I eventually scraped the gold together to list it again, but I felt a right muppet.

And what was interesting was that I purposefully watched the trading post when I relisted it, and sure enough, within seconds of posting the lowest price, something had posted an additional 10 at the same price. That it was exactly 10 both times I listed it tipped me off that someone’s using a bot to play the TP.

Just so you know, the Trading Post is used by all players, so you’ve got around 1.5 million people buying and selling every day. The volume of precursors is low, but not so low that you couldn’t have been underbid by a real player. It is also likely that it would have sold at your original price since the demand is certainly there.

Additionally, that 30g list fee that you paid would have also needed to be paid by a bot. With the profit margins on flipping precursors being so low, you should take solace knowing that if it was a botter you just made him actually lose money on each one he sold.

Server: Devona’s Rest

idiots moments

Posted by: Ravenmorghane.9287

Ravenmorghane.9287

I was chucking rares in the forge, found a couple in the inventory that I didn’t remember looting and just thought ‘oo more loot’ …. afterwards remembered they were my alternate weapons … edjit XD not a massively expensive mistake I suppose but still duh

I do feel for you guys making super expensive/non fixable gakitten though, I’m sure I’ll end up the same way some time!

Edit – gakitten is supposed to read the word ‘g a kitten ’ but apparently that qualifies for censoring XD hah

Edit edit – forum still won’t let me display this word even with gaps, its not even remotely a cuss word ….

(edited by Ravenmorghane.9287)

idiots moments

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

I’ve fallen off plenty of cliffs because I accidentally tapped my auto-run key, and couldn’t fix it in time. I’ve jumped off cliffs thinking I could survive the fall, only to end up dead.

I’ve wasted dungeon tokens on the wrong armor tier of armor more than once.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

idiots moments

Posted by: Kaukomieli.6740

Kaukomieli.6740

I salvaged an armor piece with the Profane skin on it (gemstore-bought, with real money, which I was not ankitten ot going to do again). I’m a bit salvage happy and I had just switched to another set of boots, and BAM there I was holding a couple of low-level materials, skin destroyed. No warning, because it was very low-level armor. I was supposed to put it into the bank for holding until the character’s “old” enough to wear it again (i.e. sufficiently high-level to not require excessive amounts of transmuting all the time – I don’t have the stones to keep up a habit like that!). Let’s say I’m learning the value of invisible packs. I felt like such an idiot. xC Buut. Maybe one day I’ll actually be rich in-game (as if) and able to re-purchase the set to get the boots back. In the meanwhile I’ll make do with other skins…

EDIT: that kitten is “and (space) am not”, apparently spaces and additional letters don’t confuse (or rather, do confuse) the valiant censorship system.

(edited by Kaukomieli.6740)

idiots moments

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

At some point my level 80 warrior must have had his Traits reset. I never noticed it and could not figure out why I was sucking so badly.

idiots moments

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Bought $100 in gems, converted it to gold and bought 50,000 influence with half of the gold I’d converted… For the wrong guild.

idiots moments

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I’ve fallen off plenty of cliffs because I accidentally tapped my auto-run key, and couldn’t fix it in time.

Yeah this, I’m bad with getting my fingers out of position and hitting autorun, then continuing to hit the wrong buttons to (not)get myself to stop until I run off a cliff/straight into an aoe/etc…

idiots moments

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Bought $100 in gems, converted it to gold and bought 50,000 influence with half of the gold I’d converted… For the wrong guild.

I laughed so hard but felt sorry for you at the same time!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

idiots moments

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Why would it be profitable for a bot to relist all 10 of their Dusks to match someone who undercut them? That’s 300g wasted away each time someone lists a new Dusk price.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

idiots moments

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

A bit of “I wish I have known” moment:
I’ trying to get the quip. Knowing my luck and getting scared of precursor prices going up I decided to borrow 20 gold from my friend and buy out chaos gun for 275G. Right the next day there’s a new listing for chaos gun – 265G. I slap my forehead. What’s even worse is that price just continued to fall from there. 255G. At 250G now. Even worse is I did not want to put in an order because I thought “nobody will be stupid enough to fulfill it”, right after buying out the weapon there’s a guy on my server bragging about getting a precursor out of the mystic forge and selling it. It was chaos gun. He sold it for 198G. Gosh I wish I could get my 77G back.

idiots moments

Posted by: LeftStep.1976

LeftStep.1976

I tried to make Dusk in the Mystic Forge.

’nuff said.

Black Charr | Shadow Of Hesher | Talya Of The Woods

Yak’s Bend ~ [TOG]

idiots moments

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Most idiot moment EVER… doing my first jumping puzzle (can’t remember which one it was), and read through the help guide somewhere, and it says “DO NOT FALL INTO THE HOLE JUST BEFORE THE CHEST”. It takes me about an hour to finally get up the chest… and I fall through the hole in front of it…. I cry a little every time I think about it.

I know which one you’re talking about – it is Antre of Adjournment in Malchor’s Leap. I haven’t fallen into that hole, but I can see where it would be easy to see the chest, run quickly to it, and fall into that hole.

My own embarrassing moment would have to be lying defeated at a group event for a few minutes waiting for someone to rez me. Finally I said “rez?” in chat and someone came over and rezzed me. They said they just assume everyone is a bot. I guess I should have said something sooner.

idiots moments

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I got an exotic as a drop and linked it in guild chat for everyone to see. Except it was one of my own alternate weapons, not a drop. It even had a karma cultural weapon skin. Which was embarrassing enough, but I did it again a couple of days later.

I told them, “I meant to do that.”

idiots moments

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I think my top moment was running down the killing myself running down the stairs at Overwatch Keep in WvW one day.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

idiots moments

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I suck at jumping puzzles, so I was rather excited when I finally managed to finish the skipping stones one on my mesmer, and started to advertise for portals to it on map chat… so I get some people interested (this was still during the southsun event), port them up, and then say “come on, the chest is over here” and jump to where it is…. only to miss it and splat myself on the floor far down below..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

idiots moments

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

So many times I’ve worked out where I was going, turned on auto-run, quickly opened up Facebook or the forum and fallen straight over a cliff I didn’t see.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

idiots moments

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I spent 100g on greatswords to throw into the mystic forge for fun (to see if I could get Dusk). Unfortunately, each greatsword was in the 60 level range and therefore completely useless. Selling them, I think I made a little over 12g of it back.

That same day, I put 100 or so transmutation stones on a character and deleted that character and all of my transmutation stones. Bad idea. :P

idiots moments

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

A recent one, like last week, attacking Stonemist gate, entire zerg hammering away, got it too 20%, a guy pops around the corner, ‘says what you doing, the walls down ere’.

Sure enough just round the corner next to the gate several sections of wall are collapsed, 50 strong (embaressed) zerg geos through…

idiots moments

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

A recent one, like last week, attacking Stonemist gate, entire zerg hammering away, got it too 20%, a guy pops around the corner, ‘says what you doing, the walls down ere’.

Sure enough just round the corner next to the gate several sections of wall are collapsed, 50 strong (embaressed) zerg geos through…

Zergs, as groups have their own moments at times. I like it when the lead player has 50% reduction in falling damage and everyone just follows them off a cliff.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

idiots moments

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Zergs, as groups have their own moments at times. I like it when the lead player has 50% reduction in falling damage and everyone just follows them off a cliff.

We were a large group doing area completion. The leader jumped off a smallish cliff after a vista and the whole group followed…..

idiots moments

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Bought a set of krytan armor for my warrior a long while back not paying attention to the clearly stated “for use on medium armor”… felt pretty smart that day.

idiots moments

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Let’s see here, there’s been so many idiot moments. Ah I got one. I equipped an exotic weapon that was worth a gold piece and some change, decided I didn’t like it, and sold it on the tp for like 3 silver and some change. I didn’t know the price dramatically dropped once you equipped the weapon.

idiots moments

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I was going through my inventory one day, happily salvaging all my “lowbie” weapons I had picked up, when I had forgotten that when I change from Staff to daggers on my ele, one dagger replaces the staff and the other one goes to the first open slot in my inventory… I salvaged it with a “regular” salvage kit…got mats and realized that not only did I salvage the dagger for a pittance, I lost one of my main weapons, and had to go buy the darned thing again, along with the sigil and skin…all told about 10g worth.

BUT…the truly sad thing is that it happened twice…DUH

Level 80 Elementalist

idiots moments

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I bought the vigil armor set (around 7 gold) and put zerk stats with 5 transmutation stones (around 5 gold) – I didn’t buy the helm, then I realized that I would put the primeveral set as zerk, so I buy a new vigil set and used more 5 transmutation stones. So I spent around 15~20 gold in this “idiot moment”.

I did other “idiot moments”, but I don’t remember now.

Sorry for my english.

idiots moments

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

One time I sold a couple ori ores for pennies.

I don’t make many mistakes.

idiots moments

Posted by: Unleashed.6195

Unleashed.6195

One time I created a Sylvari character and kept it.

idiots moments

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I laughed so hard but felt sorry for you at the same time!

Lesson learned. ANet can’t remove influence from even the most inactive of guilds.

idiots moments

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Not done it myself, but seen plenty of folk run into keep portal doors in WvWs after a reset or capture, not realising it was the wrong colour.
Saw one run into the door five times, guess they thought it was guardian blocked or something, best faceplant ever seen

Bored of WvWs for some time now, sat in Lags Arch reading chat when not alt tabbed, when all of a sudden…..

Attachments:

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

idiots moments

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Awesome! I’m glad I’m not the only one that has these moments!

First, I can’t say how many characters I’ve deleted without checking the inventory or stripping off and selling their armor! Like really, EVERY time. Why can’t I remember this??.

x-D got a variant of this, deleted a temporary alt after I stripped his stuff but forgot to take out 4x 20 slot fratal boxes

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

idiots moments

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

At some point my level 80 warrior must have had his Traits reset. I never noticed it and could not figure out why I was sucking so badly.

lol, that happened to me, too, when I returned after a couple of months break. I eventually figured out why e.g. my warhorn skills weren’t turning conditions into boons anymore.

idiots moments

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Today I was in the Queens Pavilion killing the legendary bosses. I died and was running back just as they finished off the boss. I got to the chest, and looted it. Then while running out, I dodged a mob, flipped right into the open chest, and the lid closed on me. I was the last one to loot the chest, so I couldn’t get out. I had to waypoint back to the center.

idiots moments

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

This is the reason I still don’t have Twilight ( I could buy several dusks but WILL NOT)
I’ve seen the Dusk market be played for awhile now and will not make a bot or some lucky clown that didn’t get banned from the karma glitch any richer.

Just waiting for that hunt/quest/crafting recipe hint hint Anet

idiots moments

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Using Withdraw at all in the control room of Skyhammer. That never goes well.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

idiots moments

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

getting 800 gems for fine transmutation stones, and buying mystic forge stones by accident.

buying a peacekeeper GS skin before the wallet on a newer character and wasting a find trans on accidentally keeping the same look and stats on an old sword, and wasting 63k karma.

profound disappointment, and rage followed.

idiots moments

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

In the first BWE I reported a bug because my pet’s level was lower than my own…mine being white and my pets being green. Not two minutes after sending the report did it dawn on me that the green level was actually my current sidekicked level.

idiots moments

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

man I feel like everything I did today was 50% Boneheaded…. even when drunk I’m pretty sure I play better than I did today sober.

idiots moments

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

lol, that happened to me, too, when I returned after a couple of months break. I eventually figured out why e.g. my warhorn skills weren’t turning conditions into boons anymore.

i paid for the trait resets without realizing my warrior was already given free traits resets.

idiots moments

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

i paid for the trait resets without realizing my warrior was already given free traits resets.

haha At least you didn’t pay for the manual another time thinking that’s how you reset your skill points. I know two people who done this. Paid 2g for the manual thinking that’s how you reset.

The only stupid moments I get is when I dodge in the freaking wrong direction. Sometimes I fall to my death, sometimes right into AOE, and most of the times, right into my death :P.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

idiots moments

Posted by: Ruby Highfarm.6073

Ruby Highfarm.6073

Being a thief i tend to use my movement skill right at the edge of a cliff.
In the queens gauntlet i often spam my dagger/dagger 3 skill and right as i win i get ported outside and then jump off and into my death… (Have done this around 3 times now)
Also after a switch of color in WvW i went up to the keep i thought was my own trying to enter the gate, but then it did not let me in. I just thought i had DC’ed, so i went downstairs to check my router… When i came back i was dead.. Yeah, not so smart.

idiots moments

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I was panning through the TP for armor skins for my Ranger and found one that looked amazing. I was paying much less attention than should have been the case and spent several gold on a light armor chest piece…

idiots moments

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Being a thief i tend to use my movement skill right at the edge of a cliff.
In the queens gauntlet i often spam my dagger/dagger 3 skill and right as i win i get ported outside and then jump off and into my death… (Have done this around 3 times now)
Also after a switch of color in WvW i went up to the keep i thought was my own trying to enter the gate, but then it did not let me in. I just thought i had DC’ed, so i went downstairs to check my router… When i came back i was dead.. Yeah, not so smart.

Yeah, reset night kitten s always kill me… sometimes quite literally.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

idiots moments

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I’ve had problems with the graphics since launch. The lighting, fog and weather effects simply made me dizzy and has turned me off playing for a very long time.

Just a few minutes ago I tried changing my graphics settings and it turns out all I had to do was turn off reflections, post processing, depth blur and effect LOD.

Can’t believe it took me a year to figure this out. XD
That said, there was recently an update that reduced some of the effects.

Here is a before and after.
I just took them now, so I can’t show how it looked before the update.

Attachments:

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

idiots moments

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Salvaged all my gear … 3 sets full exotics including weapons to have some goals in the game… Made all of them again and 2 more. (WvW gear…)

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

idiots moments

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Running to get supply from a depot in WvW,forgetting our server colour has changed. And only realising my mistake when all the npc’s jump me.

It is like,dum,de,dum,de darr,lets get some supply to start off the day.Tra,la,la,la,la….oh kittens.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.