if you could have * insert weapon*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

Im pretty sure the “great” when referring to a weapon is simply a reference to its size more than anything else… so a rather large battleaxe could infact be classified as a greataxe (most likely just made for someone alot bigger than you tho).

or a really big longbow reffered to as a greatbow

it could be used for just about any oversized weapon

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I want everlasting legendary food.

Think about it. The Holy Grail!

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Flails.

I love flails, and they’re criminally underrepresented in games in general.

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

2handed axe for elementalist, thief and warrior!

Imagine a agile combat assassin with a 2handed axe, Sweeping and chopping off his foes legs and then finnishing them with a sweep to the heads!

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

I’m actually really surprised there haven’t been more eastern styled weapons and armor in the game. Done right, they could probably look really good.

Well they dropped the entire “eastern” area into a gaping pit. Just sayin’.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

The weapons I’d like to see in the game are:

• Scythes – Warrior, Necromancer, possible dervish class
  • Greataxes – Warrior, Guardian
  • Polearms (Halberds, on-land spears) – Warrior, Guardian, Ranger
  • Melee stakitten – Thief, Ranger
  • Knuckels/Claws – Thief, Ranger
  • Crossbows – Warrior, Ranger, Thief, Engineer
  • Fan – Elementalist, Mesmer, Necromancer
  • Whips (There are already whip animations in the game) – Ranger, Thief, Mesmer

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Crossbows for Guardian/Ranger
Halberd for Warrior
Orbs/Wands for Elementalist/Mesmer/Necromancer
Rocket Launcher/Bazooka for Engineer
Katar for Thief

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Chain counter wight weapons I just love the idea of having a melee like weapon that can hit at a short ranges as needed.
I can see it as an Ele (the class i play), Thf, and necro using this weapon type. Kind of a 100-600 rng melee weapon that is 2h and its main use is aoe cc that vary off of the ranges from the person your fighting. Say 0-100 you do max dmg but the cc is low (hitting with the heavy part of the weapon) say 500 to 600 has the best cc but the worst dmg (hitting with more of the hook part of the weapon).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’m actually really surprised there haven’t been more eastern styled weapons and armor in the game. Done right, they could probably look really good.

Well they dropped the entire “eastern” area into a gaping pit. Just sayin’.

The Great Collapse was never a Canthan area. It was an arts district.

(Edit: Correction – it was originally intended to be a Canthan district early in development, but was scrapped in favor of an arts district that became The Great Collapse.)

The closest thing to a Canthan area in Guild Wars 2 would be the Dominion of Winds (the Tengu city), as a large number of the residing Tengu are descended from those that immigrated from Cantha after the attempted genocide on their race about 250 years ago. And even that is shaky, as the Tengu were never particularly integrated into Canthan society.

Canthan descendants in Tyria are pretty much a rare and scattered group by the look of things.

(edited by Duke Blackrose.4981)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I’m still waiting for a offhand Fan focus (or just fan in general). :x

Magic orbs would be cool too, provided they are actually animated in a floaty way (D3 did this well on the mage, with the orb being stationary out of combat and in combat was floaty and moved when you attacked; Aion also did something similar if I recall correctly.) rather then just something you hold on a stick in your hand.

I’d just love to use something that feels a bit more..mesmerish or mage-y outside of “wands” and Staves.

Heck even if they used the animation from the elite book spell for Guardian and made that into a two-handed weapon that would be pretty awesome. I always wish I could do something like that on my Ele (hinthint new elite skill plz lol).

Other then the usual items like other types of ranged weapons and melee weapons I can’t think of anything else that really stands out to me.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Some sort of Sword-bow which you can use for melee-distance combat and far away AOE attacks.

Also would like to see tormented weapons from GW1 making a comeback. I miss those weapons so much.

Edit: And greatswords for the elementalist. They could be a greatsword skin, but act as a staff for example. I want the fiery greatsword for my elementalist as he can wield it temporarily as an ‘elite skill’ weapon, but I want it to be permanent :-(

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Alright, let me put my opinions on the table:

Crossbow – no, because crossbows have the same attributes as firearms (which, in real life, replaced them)

This setting has automatic rifles, flame throwers, grenades, etc. Swords, axes, shields, bows, etc should not be around for the same reason you mention. I think that this is one of those suspension of belief things.