in-game reporting tools

in-game reporting tools

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: acemanelite.3987

acemanelite.3987

One of the forum mods just replied in a thread this:

“reminding the community that the best way of helping us is to keep on using the in-game reporting tools”

My question is; how many times of reporting the same bot over and over again do you think is enough to actually get action taken on an account… I have reported the SAME bot EVERYDAY for the last 2 weeks and yet is is STILL there as of 2 minutes ago….

They keep asking us to do a job, report when we see bot activity….Now I ask WHEN are you (anet) going to do YOUR job?

in-game reporting tools

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

while I am not denying the problem in the least, you reporting the same bot over and over is technically just one report.

in-game reporting tools

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

When I read the title I thought ‘I hope this isn’t another thread about bots’.

I guess we have another special snowflake who didn’t read what the devs are doing about bots and that it takes time.

in-game reporting tools

Posted by: acemanelite.3987

acemanelite.3987

the special snowflake is you omega fanboi.

I have read what they have said and have watched closely as the bots become larger and larger numbers…how long does it take to log in as a GM port to any heavily exploited DE point with lets say 5 bots or more and click BAN…..

Now back on topic….how many PEOPLE then? because I know several in my guild have also reported the same bots over and over and over…….

in-game reporting tools

Omega Mayhem.7163

I have read what they have said and have watched closely as the bots become larger and larger numbers…how long does it take to log in as a GM port to any heavily exploited DE point with lets say 5 bots or more and click BAN…..

Now back on topic….how many PEOPLE then? because I know several in my guild have also reported the same bots over and over and over…….

No, you didn’t read what they said.

They said they have just hired a team dedicated to just this problem. They also said it takes time to make sure that it actually IS a bot. They have already made mistakes in banning people that were in fact NOT bots and had to reinstate their accounts.

But, having read their posts, you would know that… right?

in-game reporting tools

Algreg.3629

whenever I see people use the word “fanboy” I wish for those shovel monsters from Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy. Believe it or not, not agreeing with you on one thing does not make you a praiser of everything a company does. Do you think anyone in this game thinks the invasion of the bots is a good thing or does not exist? Ever imagined people do not see the reason to bring up the same topic over and over again knowing that the resolution and answer will always stay the same?

Is this a new fad of this internet generation? Do dads all over the world teach their boys the word “fanboy” so they hold it in special endearment? Can you even give a comprehensive definition of your kewl buzzword?

in-game reporting tools

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

They said they have just hired a team dedicated to just this problem. They also said it takes time to make sure that it actually IS a bot. They have already made mistakes in banning people that were in fact NOT bots and had to reinstate their accounts.

I tested your theory for you………….

I just went to Orr to a location that is favoured by botters.. i spotted a train of rangers with bears running in a circular path auto attacking everything around them..

I tried to talk to them got no reply… so yea total time between reading your post logging on finding the bott train and getting back here to reply = less than 8 minutes.

So yea… your argument invalid much ?

in-game reporting tools

Algreg.3629

it does not invalidate the news of a new bot fighting division, does it? Of cause this game is running nuts with bots, is anyone so bold as denying that here?

in-game reporting tools

Omega Mayhem.7163

I just went to Orr to a location that is favoured by botters.. i spotted a train of rangers with bears running in a circular path auto attacking everything around them..

I tried to talk to them got no reply… so yea total time between reading your post logging on finding the bott train and getting back here to reply = less than 8 minutes.

Do you answer every whisper sent to you? I sure as heck don’t. Doesn’t mean anything. Argument=valid.

in-game reporting tools

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

Do you answer every whisper sent to you? I sure as heck don’t. Doesn’t mean anything. Argument=valid.

I do actually. im very sociable in game, will help anyone i come across at anytime.

However….. I dislike CHEATS with a passion unsurpassed by anything else, there is no need for it especially here, this is a GAME meant for leisure, something to relax in after a hectic ‘’real life’’ day.
If that experience is being ruined by CHEATS then ultimatly the non cheating players will leave for something else. that will mean less pleasant people to interact with and a less enjoyable GAME..
I have posted before on this subject because i feel strongly about it. the in game reporting tools are not enough.
It is not enough to just have the players of the game reporting instances of cheating, the GAME needs eye’s on the ground employee’s of Anet in game..
There tag line they like to use all the time is ‘’see you in game’’ well get in the game let the players and the CHEATS see you. being pro active thats all im saying.

in-game reporting tools

Omega Mayhem.7163

First off I READ the posts and POSTED in them too….so once again your condescending forum remarks make you look more and more like a jerk..good for you!

As for taking TIME to make sure it is a bot…..give me a f@#$ break…my 7 year old can spot the bots in like 3 seconds…and if ANET is that confused that THEY have a hard time telling what a bot is and have made so many mistakes in banning legitimate players…then why would we seriously even believe their “GREAT BOT ANNIHILATION” stands a chance?

I doubt there are many in this community who actually play the game really believe that Anet can’t tell what is and is not a bot….just BS on Anet’s part and I bet most would agree….

I hope you don’t talk like that in front of your 7 year old.

Anyway… how many bot reports do you think they get in a single day? Think about it… all of the servers. And each one has to be investigated individually. They just hired new people to deal with this.

Sheesh, you are as impatient as a 7 year old.

in-game reporting tools

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Please see this posting regarding the bot issue. Apart from this, please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way. Thus, the thread is closed.