infinite transmutation charge 10/10 would buy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

There’s probably a million and a half reasons this will never hit the gem store but I think it would be ridonkulous

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I would buy this, even if it was per character. I would buy it for each of my characters. I don’t experiment with my look very often simply because I hate watching the number of charges dwindle.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Alex Shatter.7956

I would buy this, even if it was per character. I would buy it for each of my characters. I don’t experiment with my look very often simply because I hate watching the number of charges dwindle.

As an elementalist, sometimes I feel “Battlemage”, and want to wear illustrious armor. Sometimes I feel “Dark Witch”, and want to wear nightmare court armor. Other times I feel nostalgic, and want to whip out my Heritage Gear. I can’t be glued to one outfit!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Man, I would buy this so fast if it ever became a gem store item.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This would be cool, not that I’d use one as I’m swimming in charges. But if people would buy it, I have no problem with it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’d buy one. Currently I ration out my changes to all my chars looks as I don’t get enough T charges to change as frequently as I want (and I do the PvP dailies every day).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Question is, what should the price be for such an item?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Only ANet knows how often and how many people buy T charges from the gem store. Any price they get will need to take that into consideration, as well as them getting money from people who don’t buy gem store T charges but would buy an infinite T charge gizmo.

They could always make it a timed item if they don’t want to sell a true infinite gizmo. For example, infinite T charges for X amount of time.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Another question, how much would you be willing to pay for one?

I mean, I bought infinite harvesting tools at 1000 gems each back when they were character bound, so… a pricier gizmo is not out of the question for me here, even if it is a character bound unlock.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

if you have infinite everything then 1) things get pretty boring with no interesting rewards and 2) it makes it harder for Anet to make money, so they are forced down other avenues. -

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I kind of like earning my charges, but can understand when someone wants to swap looks whenever they wish.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I would pay max. 800 gems for it. I got 681 unused transmutation charge and I get free new ones faster than I can – reasonably – use them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I would pay max. 800 gems for it. I got 681 unused transmutation charge and I get free new ones faster than I can – reasonably – use them.

Holy cow, how did you get so many? I only have 1, and I use them almost as fast as I get them.

Posted by: Serale.9314

Serale.9314

I also play a different game that uses a wardrobe set system that lets me freely swap wardrobe sets around when I feel like using a different look (mostly for RP purposes).

I was sad when I discovered how limited I can do so with GW2. I am currently sitting at a grand total of…. 3 T charges and I want to change my look (again!).

If Infinite T Charges becomes an actual thing, I’d buy it instantly, that’s for sure.

Serale Everstar – Condition Warrior Forever!

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

Do want. /15chars

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Put me in the yes please category.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Considering the price of buying Transmutation Charges currently in the gem store, it’s not something I see coming to gem store.

However, I can see it being a rare drop from Black Lion chests, kind of like the permanent bankers and hair style contracts.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I’d definitely buy it.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I will definitely buy it, Anet take my money!!!!

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Hey Anet, wanna make money? :P -pokes title-

Seriously, I have to clear Rata Sum at least 5 times a day to farm the charges because I get bored of my look on a daily basis… XD

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

It would never be a gemstore item. It would wind up in black lion chests as a super rare drop.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest#Super_rare_drops
Much like the permanent bank access contract, permanent hair stylist contract, recently added endless repair contract, etc. And it would be so rare you’d find it on the trading post for hundreds, or thousands of gold.

Personally I wish they’d just do away with transmutation charges all together and make transmuting our armor completely free. But I feel they will eventually just come out with a permanent transmutation charge and add it to black lion chests. Judging by all the other endless convenience items in black lion chests, it seems inevitable.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

Hmm, what if it were like 600 gems to make the set of currently worn armor skins free to apply?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

What if they release transmaulate stone that grant one single skin permenant free to apply for 100-200 gems? We can apply it to couple favoriate skin and apply that skin to whatever new stat gear we’ve just obtain.

BrotherBelial.3094

Holy cow, how did you get so many? I only have 1, and I use them almost as fast as I get them.

It’s easy to get that many if you don’t change your character’s look that often. All it takes it playing PvP alot, or doing map completion. I think I have about 150. And that number is only going up, as I only use T charges when my characters are 80, and I’m happy with the look.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

id probably make it a long term goal to obtain something like that just for the sake of it but i wouldnt need it, think im sitting on almost 200 points and i havent really felt the need to hold back and not use them for fear of running out

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

A thread similar to this is out there somewhere but I will state again yes, I would be willing to pay money for an infinite Transmutation charge item.

How much, exactly, is the real question as it differs for everyone. If directly from the Gem Store I would probably say around or over 1K gems considering endless gathering tools are in there for that price and function similarly.

However as above posters mentioned with this particular item idea in mind I wouldn’t be surprised if ANet added it among the list of RNG very rare drops from BLC keys etc.. E.g; Permanent Bank Contract and therefore listers on the TP would sell them for literally thousands of gold.

Realistically from a business point of view would ANet add it? Probably not because like any other business they want consumers to keep buying things. Having an infinite item is great and all but it immediately kills off the potential to make money if everyone buys it instead of the “packages” of ~25 Trans Charges.

Then again what good do I know of these things? It might very well make them MORE money… I would welcome an infinite item like this either way.

I hope that all makes sense.

Posted by: Darksaffey.8479

Darksaffey.8479

I’d rather pay for something that allows me to turn charges into.. lets say Mystic Coins.
I’m swimming in them.

Knight Captain of The Knights Temple [TKT] (Gandara)
-Genetta Tigrina – Cicadina – Genetta Victoriae-

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I also play a different game that uses a wardrobe set system that lets me freely swap wardrobe sets around when I feel like using a different look (mostly for RP purposes).

I was sad when I discovered how limited I can do so with GW2. I am currently sitting at a grand total of…. 3 T charges and I want to change my look (again!).

If Infinite T Charges becomes an actual thing, I’d buy it instantly, that’s for sure.

Before I started playing GW2, I played several major MMORPGs that, even those that went f2p, allowed free, infinite cosmetic changes. So I’m in the same boat- very disappointed in the limitations here. Considering how important character appearance is to most players, I’m also surprised at the lack of outfits.

Would I pay for an infinite transmutation device? I think not until there were lots more outfit choices.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I don’t know his way but you get many of them by playing PvP.
I still have 517 and I have used a lot.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

+1

I’d pay anywhere between 1k – 2k gems easily!

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

if you have infinite everything then 1) things get pretty boring with no interesting rewards and 2) it makes it harder for Anet to make money, so they are forced down other avenues. -

I’ve never purchased, and never will purchase, transmutation charges. I’d actually consider this for the convenience factor so they’d be making more money off of me with a permanent unlock than the current model.

Paying for changing your look is one of my pet peeves in this game, so I use one of the few outfits that I’ve purchased until a character gets to 80, then I transmute my armor once. I sometimes change things up but not often, because I really don’t like having to pay to change my cosmetics.

Alex Shatter.7956

Hmm, what if it were like 600 gems to make the set of currently worn armor skins free to apply?

Oh I like this. Making certain sets free to apply seems like a happy medium.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Though I wouldn’t buy it, I see this as an excellent suggestion. It would make many people happy. However, if they were to add it, the price would have to be very high. Something like 2000 gems for 1 character, or 5000 gems for the whole account.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i have 260 to spare and i would not buy because you can easily get more through normal gameplay in pvp (and now wvw). if you cant bear to play 2 of the 3 game modes, then yes you should think its hard to acquire them and you should have to go through the repetitive contortions of city map completion farming to get what you want.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Not sure if I would buy or not as like others I rarely use them and have a load, but if I did I wouldn’t pay over 1000 gems like the harvesting tools..

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Cool idea. Even if it were put in black lion chests as a drop, I would buy up keys for it.

Just a flesh wound.3589

i have 260 to spare and i would not buy because you can easily get more through normal gameplay in pvp (and now wvw). if you cant bear to play 2 of the 3 game modes, then yes you should think its hard to acquire them and you should have to go through the repetitive contortions of city map completion farming to get what you want.

In terms of T charges, sPvP is the golden child with PvE being the middle kid and WvW being the red headed stepchild. If we were talking about Legendaries I could see playing PvP as a requirement, but we are not. We are talking about a primarily PvE game with WvW secondary and PvP third. A game where cosmetics are a big part of it. The game limiting the options on T charges is because they weren’t expecting this and so didn’t design the game that way. But now it is so, and they should reconsider the way they handle T charges, now that they’ve put in a wardrobe.

(And I do the PvP dailies but it still doesn’t keep up with my wants. Not after they halved the numbers you get per PvP reward track).

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

BrotherBelial.3094

Though I wouldn’t buy it, I see this as an excellent suggestion. It would make many people happy. However, if they were to add it, the price would have to be very high. Something like 2000 gems for 1 character, or 5000 gems for the whole account.

I could see it being something like 2000k per character. Account bound, soul bound on uses.

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

I NEVER buy charges but I would buy this, even though I don’t play very often anymore. I still enjoy playing occasionally and twinking the look of my characters.

I would buy it twice as fast if there were a way to make custom outfits out of armor pieces and use transmutation charges up as currency. I would spend hours making custom outfits separate from stats out of all my favorite pieces to save for later.

(edited by Dovienya.6597)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

In terms of T charges, sPvP is the golden child with PvE being the middle kid and WvW being the red headed stepchild. If we were talking about Legendaries I could see playing PvP as a requirement, but we are not. We are talking about a primarily PvE game with WvW secondary and PvP third. A game where cosmetics are a big part of it. The game limiting the options on T charges is because they weren’t expecting this and so didn’t design the game that way. But now it is so, and they should reconsider the way they handle T charges, now that they’ve put in a wardrobe.

(And I do the PvP dailies but it still doesn’t keep up with my wants. Not after they halved the numbers you get per PvP reward track).

wvw is on the level with pvp now

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

An infinite use Transmutation item would probably have to be priced at around 50,000 gems to make up for all the lost revenue.

A more likely scenario is an infinite skin unlock for 100-200 gems that allows a single skin to be made free to apply forever (so 600-1200 gems for a whole set).

Server: Devona’s Rest