influence achievement v Point earned?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ceder Of Tyria.5079

Ceder Of Tyria.5079

Q:

In the Achievements there is one called Active Guild Member. 10,000 Influence Earned and it’s completed. But when I look at Total Points (Points earned) it’s not 10,000 points of influence.
So, what are those 10,000 influence?

Legacy Of [MARA] & Scions Of [MARA] ~Gunnar’ Hold Descendants Of [MARA] ~Yak’s Bend
www.gwmara.com

Ceder Of Tyria.5079

No one know this?

Legacy Of [MARA] & Scions Of [MARA] ~Gunnar’ Hold Descendants Of [MARA] ~Yak’s Bend
www.gwmara.com

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Points earned and total points is a way to track how well you’re doing in achievements. Each time you pass a phase of achievements, you get awarded a certain number of points. For example getting all the tiers of active guild member will get you 45 points.

The total points are the points of all the achievements you got added up. It’s your total achievement score.

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Influence is the currency used in guilds to buy guild upgrades,passive buffs,banners etc.The 10,000 influence you earned is distributed to the guilds you have represented during the time you did any dynamic event,wvw,dungeons,pvp and buying influence gifts.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

That one means you have to earn 10k Guild points. I have done it mainly from the 1k and 300 guild point items you get from completing a story on a char and from BLTC chests as you can get a lot of guild point items there.

Hope that answers your Q.

PS if you are meaning your guild does not has 10k influence points it means you or your guild leader has been spending them on upgrades.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

this explains Influence: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Influence

and this explains Achievement points: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_Points

hope this helps

Ceder Of Tyria.5079

I’m sorry but I am still confused.
The achievement say that I have earned 10.000 influence, but when I look at the guild roster I have under 4000 influence beside my name.

I know what achievements are and I know what influence is use for, I would just like to know where the difference between 10.000 and 4000 (6000) influence went, as I have never seen that amount of influence on the guild roster from anyone.

Is it, that I during my time in GW2 at some point have collected 10.000 influence and would they (10.000) had been visible in the guild roster if we hadn’t used any of it for upgrades? Or do some of the influence go directly into the guild influence pool?

www.gwmara.com

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The achievement say that I have earned 10.000 influence, but when I look at the guild roster I have under 4000 influence beside my name.

The number next to your name is a randomly generated number to make your display name unique. The number under the last column, identified by an ArenaNet logo, in the guild roster is your total achievement points.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I know what achievements are and I know what influence is use for, I would just like to know where the difference between 10.000 and 4000 (6000) influence went, as I have never seen that amount of influence on the guild roster from anyone.

Is it, that I during my time in GW2 at some point have collected 10.000 influence and would they (10.000) had been visible in the guild roster if we hadn’t used any of it for upgrades? Or do some of the influence go directly into the guild influence pool?

This is exactly right and exactly what I said. If you had not purchased any guild upgrades you would see 10k+ Guild influence right now on your guild page.

Actually what do you mean when you say when you look in the roster and see the 4k points there? The only number besides your name looking at the roster is your Achievement points, no influence earned at all. There is nowhere that you can check to see how many you have earned personally unless you are the only person in your guild and look at the history and see all the points you earned.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

OP is mistaking his achievement point total, for the amount of guild influence he’s earned.