insane postal limits.

insane postal limits.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nykravis.8342

Nykravis.8342

Look i get that you don’t want annoying gold merchants and harrasment etc, but 2 freaking messages is NOT bloody excessive. Since we don’t have a trade system the least you could do is let me send a potion to each member of my party.

or create an in party trade system….

insane postal limits.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

I agree. The limit of 2 mails is too restrictive. The limit should’ve been increased to 4 mails long ago, so you can send bufffood to each party member. With the introduction of raids it should’ve been increased to 9 mails.

Imo the limit should be removed gradually with accumulated playtime / achievement points / other things that gold spam accounts lack. Because let’s face it: The majority of gold spam accounts (like 99.9%) has low ap, not much time played and most likely lacks a 2 stage authorisation system.

Putting an increase in sendable mails per minute into the 5k, 10k, etc ap chests would also be a nice reward and incentive to actually do achievements.

Another suggestion I already made is, that mails sent to people, who have me on their friendslist, don’t count towards the limit. If they want to stop me from spamming them, they just have to remove me from their friends list.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

(edited by BunjiKugashira.9754)

insane postal limits.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe increase the limits once an account is over a certain age or AP and only if your account has 2 factor authorization enabled? Its so annoying to have to wait out a timer to mail out a few items.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

insane postal limits.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

While we’re at it, 10 messages seems small for an inbox, I would think.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

insane postal limits.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Look i get that you don’t want annoying gold merchants and harrasment etc, but 2 freaking messages is NOT bloody excessive.

It might just be the easiest option, so they can spend more time coding the game and less worrying about what amounts to a minor inconvenience for the vast majority of players.

Since we don’t have a trade system the least you could do is let me send a potion to each member of my party.

Or you can send two each to two people and they can send half to the other half of the party. Inconvenient? Definitely. But a lot less inconvenient than dealing with gold spammers, social hackers, and other sorts of unwanted mail.

or create an in party trade system….

You really think that would be less work for ANet than making adjustments to the mail limits?

Besides that, you have to find a way so that the party trade system has all the benefits of our current trading systems, including sinking 15% of the gold from each transaction, preventing scams, and ensuring that the entire player base has access to current and accurate market values (which prevent the savvy from taking advantage of the less knowledgeable).

While we’re at it, 10 messages seems small for an inbox, I would think.

At launch, the system used to regularly choke on even 10 messages and ANet nerfed that for a time to 9 total. Perhaps they could increase it, but I doubt it’s worth it. We can screenshot messages we want to keep and 10 is a lot easier for most of us to manage than 20.

I’m not against ANet adjusting mail limits. I just think it’s a heckuva lot more work than folks think to make it happen and I’d just as soon ANet focused on other elements of the game that need attention.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

insane postal limits.

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

Yup both sending and mailbox limit as well.

I port people for JPs and when they send a tip I like to tell them thx… But i can only tell a couple at a time thx because of the spamming rule.. OP has a great idea about increasing the amount of mails you can send for those who have invested time. You could do it by AP or some other long term investment in the game.

Maybe enable it for those with two prerequisites: 5000AP and double authentication.

That way less incentive to hack accounts.