Is the Star of Gratitude returning?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Q:

Unfortunately the Star of Gratitude is no longer available to players since it was part of the Wintersday events.

Will it become available again? Hopefully outside of Wintersday..?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

hopefully. as it is this is the only “mat eater” that you cannot obtain any time you finally get around to doing so.

I’d guess look for it again around wintersday. with any luck it will be like the others by then, and you can open the content and start it any time of the year.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Unfortunately the Star of Gratitude is no longer available to players since it was part of the Wintersday events.

Will it become available again? Hopefully outside of Wintersday..?

Probably not outside of winters day. The incentive reason for Princess, Mawdry and the Star was to deal with the criminal amounts of ascended mats they pushed on us, in order to get us to do ascended gear. What they didn’t count on was the market backlash locking out a lot of players by cost alone, leaving us with tons of mats we could never fully use, and COSTS gold to convert for storage.

But because theres a limit to how many times they can be used per day, it means they don’t want people to profit off the rewards by sheer volume. If they added a duplicate item with separate caps, it either defeats that intent, or admits the entire system was flawed from the get-go. In either case, their next solution will undoubtedly cause even more problems….. which is why I think they’re more intent on abandoning the concept, leaving it as is.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Once you have unlocked the collection, you can complete it anytime — it took me several months to get around to completing it. However, you could only unlock it during Wintersday. I suspect (and this is an uninformed guess) that there will be a way to unlock the collection next Wintersday too. I also suspect that you won’t be able to get it without doing the collection, which is Wintersday themed.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The item that starts the quest really ought to be added to the laurel merchant.

Everybody ought to have access to the Star….

but veterans shouldn’t have to sit through a rerun of last years event. Plu, I think there was a title associated with the Grawnk part that ought to remain exclusive.

This is the best solution. Make it happen today.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

but veterans shouldn’t have to sit through a rerun of last years event. Plu, I think there was a title associated with the Grawnk part that ought to remain exclusive.

this idea times infinity

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Why the laurel merchant?
I say add the Holiday Display Case to the list of things Legendary Collector Youngblood sells.

Holland.9351

Why the laurel merchant?
I say add the Holiday Display Case to the list of things Legendary Collector Youngblood sells.

That would be excellent. I have the letter from the orphan, I just can’t get the Holiday Display Case with it anymore.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

If you want an answer from a dev , put the title as a question, so a dev can see its a question for them ^^.

At a guess, almost certainly, as the Mysterious Grubby Package still drop from Jumping puzzle chests.
Will it become available before the next Wintersday, who knows (except anet), but highly unlikely as, we have the HOT expansion coming up, and on top of that probably months of de-bugging so wont be the highest priority.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warming_Grawnk%27s_Heart

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Holland.9351

Good idea. I changed it to a question.

Holland.9351

I’d still like to see an answer.

To quote a great solution again:

If not, then I’d still like to know if there will be a rerun of this event in the next wintersday, which I can assure you other people will miss, so just add another way to unlock the “For the Children” collection please.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Why the laurel merchant?

Probably because the laurel merchant sells some previous rewards already, such as the quartz and watchwork nodes. It wouldn’t be unusual.

Then again, your idea makes a lot of sense too.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Holland.9351

Adding it to the laurel merchant is fine too. I wouldn’t mind paying laurels for the ability to unlock the collection.

I still have the letter from the orphan, but the grawl isn’t in the home instance anymore.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

No doubt it’ll return for Wintersday.

Gone to Reddit.

Holland.9351

I’m not too sure about that. Are they going to send the same orphan letter to everyone again, eventhough most people already did that part?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Either way, but one or the other would be great.