is the expansion real??

is the expansion real??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

soooo i been seeing everywhere that an expansion is coming and tengu is going to be a playable race….also a greataxe…..and the watcher profession. is this true?

is the expansion real??

Adry.7512

if this is not true, thennnnn my opinions on GW2 stay the same.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

“Theorycrafting”.

It’s completely fan-made.
You read this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

That’s right. Zero announcements.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

If you notice it says THEORYCRAFTING meaning it’s an IDEA for an expansion from a player.

is the expansion real??

Adry.7512

“Theorycrafting”.

It’s completely fan-made.
You read this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

That’s right. Zero announcements.

ohhhhh LMFAOOO! horrible, ugh, this game really is just…..ehhh let me keep my comments to myself or “god” knowssss this will be taken down by an admin.

is the expansion real??

Mental Paradox.3845

IF there is ever a first expansion, I’d guess it would focus on the Maguuma Jungle and Mordremoth. I still have a hard time believing they can fit Mordy into the living world. Not in 4 episodes.

But don’t get your hopes up, Anet have said many times they do not like the idea of actually releasing a substantial amount of content. Apparently 350 devs can barely manage 2 hours worth of content per month, for four months, before being so tired they need a 2,5 month break.

is the expansion real??

Adry.7512

IF there is ever a first expansion, I’d guess it would focus on the Maguuma Jungle and Mordremoth. I still have a hard time believing they can fit Mordy into the living world. Not in 4 episodes.

But don’t get your hopes up, Anet have said many times they do not like the idea of actually releasing a substantial amount of content. Apparently 350 devs can barely manage 2 hours worth of content per month, for four months, before being so tired they need a 2,5 month break.

i dont understand this mentality….it makes no sense. sooo basically expand on a single living story and thats it?? with minimal changes and additions to the game? soooo i paid for a mediocre interactive storytelling game….so basically a bad single player game….BUT with mmo content…great!!

is the expansion real??

Mental Paradox.3845

i dont understand this mentality….it makes no sense. sooo basically expand on a single living story and thats it?? with minimal changes and additions to the game? soooo i paid for a mediocre interactive storytelling game….so basically a bad single player game….BUT with mmo content…great!!

That summarizes it pretty well. Only reason I still play is to complete everu single personal story mission. But now that they’ve also deleted an entire chapter from the PS… Yeah, they delete more than they add.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Did you got the game for a cheap price at least?
“You know what company I mean” never announced an expansion and probably never will. The living story is obviously more lucrative than an ordinary expansion and/or causes less work.

is the expansion real??

Adry.7512

“You know what company I mean” never announced an expansion and probably never will. The living story is obviously more lucrative than an ordinary expansion and/or causes less work.

soooo the game stays….sorta dead and they expand on PVP tournies (i saw the 50K grand price)…..they dont expand on the ACTUAL pvp since its been the exact same way since launch, but they want to make it competitive? soooo is this a wanabe MOBA now? mannn i honestly have no idea what these people think they r doing, i have no idea at all!!

if it helps the company in any way, actual psychological studies show that the more people that are grouped together, the less creative the ideas will be, its better to create things on ur own in ur own head, THEN present them. also start firing some staff members, ur probably way overstaffed from what i heard. when the situation gets tough, THATS when the hunger kicks in and the creativity sparks.

Edits: no i bought it for the full price, sadly, and yes i highly regret it. 60 bucks is a big chunk of cash when you got bills to pay.

(edited by Adry.7512)

is the expansion real??

Schwarzseher.9873

soooo the game stays….sorta dead and they expand on PVP tournies (i saw the 50K grand price)…..they dont expand on the ACTUAL pvp since its been the exact same way since launch, but they want to make it competitive? soooo is this a wanabe MOBA now? mannn i honestly have no idea what these people think they r doing, i have no idea at all!!

if it helps the company in any way, actual psychological studies show that the more people that are grouped together, the less creative the ideas will be, its better to create things on ur own in ur own head, THEN present them. also start firing some staff members, ur probably way overstaffed from what i heard. when the situation gets tough, THATS when the hunger kicks in and the creativity sparks.

Edits: no i bought it for the full price, sadly, and yes i highly regret it. 60 bucks is a big chunk of cash when you got bills to pay.

You mean its actually opposite how Skritts are behaving? The more Skritts are together the more intelligent/creative they become.
Maybe “You know what company I mean” should send the most important workers home so they can work from there. 350 devs sounds like a number thats a little bit too big.

is the expansion real??

Adry.7512

You mean its actually opposite how Skritts are behaving? The more Skritts are together the more intelligent/creative they become.
Maybe “You know what company I mean” should send the most important workers home so they can work from there. 350 devs sounds like a number thats a little bit too big.

THAT would be ideal, most artist and creative thinkers work better like that. my guess is that “you know what company i mean” has a very badly created system altogether, i been able to create an entire game with mechanics, lore, ideas, government, etc etc that i would pay monthly to play if it existed, all in my head LOL still never bothered to put on paper, and i doubt im much different than any other creative person out there, so i find it highly ridiculous how “you know what company i mean” has literally created barely anything since launch. hahahah i bet the players themselves would be better fit to run the direction in which the game is going.

cause honestly, to start announcing big cash money prices for a game that….well…hasnt gotten anywhere near any1’s expectations is well….ehhhh ill keep my opinion to myself.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Who told you this?

No. Anet never announced anything of the sort. They are barely even capable of NOT kittening the game up as it is, let alone they’d be capable of producing an actual expansion! The developer that managed to produce Factions and Nightfall in under two years is long gone, get over it.

get over what? lol look http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Lon-ami/First_expansion_theorycrafting:_Jormag,_Tengu_and_Far_Shiverpeaks

You just crushed my hopes.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

is the expansion real??

Schwarzseher.9873

Who told you this?

No. Anet never announced anything of the sort. They are barely even capable of NOT kittening the game up as it is, let alone they’d be capable of producing an actual expansion! The developer that managed to produce Factions and Nightfall in under two years is long gone, get over it.

get over what? lol look http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Lon-ami/First_expansion_theorycrafting:_Jormag,_Tengu_and_Far_Shiverpeaks

You will soo find hope in the gemshop, only 800 gems.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Who told you this?

You will soo find hope in the gemshop, only 800 gems.

It will be for 700 gems. But he has to buy a minimum of 800.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

it is so in depth as well, if only Anet had people like that working for them, people with ideas, and the willingness to advance with them.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I want Crystal Desert to open since deserts are my favorite zones in these games. Dry Top was sweet.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

An expansion is coming …… My little finger told me so.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I wish ANET would give us ANY kind of news on an expansion, even if its something ominous or something I dont even care. So many people I know are leaving or have left just because theyre tired of the same maps, same events, and lack of new things added to the classes. I cant even defend the game anymore I just shrug and grind for frac skins and precursors I cant get for 2 years

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There’s so much misinformation in this thread, it’s not even funny.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

I’m pretty sure there will be an expansion. Give it time and have patience. I can see Tengu being the new race to play as and that would be sweet!

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Saephaan.7285

Saephaan.7285

This guys makes up better stuff than “you know what company i mean” in 2 years.
They should hire him and send all the others home, cause seriously exactly what he wrote is what I have been waiting for a year since I started playing not the living story scam.

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Altair.6109

Altair.6109

@Saephann
You just took the words right out of my mind.

@OP
I am sure the only “expansion” we get on Nov.11 will be the new episode of 1 hour long living story. (hope this is not true tho)

(edited by Altair.6109)

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

A nice and compelling sounding theory, but thats all what it is, just a theory.
And one, which contradicts at one point itself.
The writer of this text says that those “Watchers” should not be able to use loud and noisy weapons like Warhorns and Torches and then later he adds them as useable weapons still >.> lol /facepalm /fail

Thats the point, where you clearly see, that all of this is just alot of thought out stuff written by an unofficial person who ’s just theorizing about what might happen, if such a kind of expansion about Jormag would get produced.
However, I have to admit, alot of it sounds very nice and as said compelling, especially the class mechanic upgrades i find nice as an idea to improve our classes progression systems somehow so that they make more fun and are also visusually more customizable and appealing for the players.

Alot of the theorized stuff there fits together well and I wouldn’t be surprised if ANet gets at least a good chunk of inspiration from all of this, if they should ever make such a kind of expansion. I’m pretty sure they will have thrown an eye or two onto this inspirational text.

PS. personally I’d rename that class idea from Watcher to “Observer” (German for “Betrachter”, as it sounds also more fitting for the class mechanics in my opinion, than what Watcher would sound translated to German (Zuschauer), which really isn’t appealing as a Class Name, when you know that word, as you could retranslate that back to English to somethign unspectacular and simple as like “Viewer”, “Spectator” or “Bystander”

Its Class Symbol could be then made onto that trimetric Mystic Eye Symbol that is used also for the All Seeing.
See it in the attachment

Attachments:

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Some players speculating on the existence and content of an expansion doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen any more than it means it will.

Personally I’d be surprised if Anet weren’t working on an expansion. Even allowing for the fact that a lot of their 300 or so employees are not game designers (they’re customer support, HR, managers who coordinate teams, customer relations, marketing, tech support etc.) the content they’re putting out isn’t enough to tie up the whole company.

There must be other teams working on other things we haven’t seen yet. Which isn’t necessarily an expansion, it could be something that will be worked into the Living Story and Feature Packs that’s just taking longer to develop, but it’s unlikely that would be cost effective.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

is the expansion real??

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

PS. personally I’d rename that class idea from Watcher to “Observer” (German for “Betrachter”, as it sounds also more fitting for the class mechanics in my opinion, than what Watcher would sound translated to German (Zuschauer), which really isn’t appealing as a Class Name, when you know that word, as you could retranslate that back to English to somethign unspectacular and simple as like “Viewer”, “Spectator” or “Bystander”

In English it’s the other way around.

Although the two are synonyms and could be used interchangeably in some situations ‘Observer’ sounds more like ‘Bystander’; someone who is watching what’s going on but not involved or participating in any way. Whereas Watcher sounds like someone who is watching over the whole situation, coordinating or supporting the allies. Like the Watchers in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Of course if a profession like this was added the names wouldn’t have to be direct translations. They could pick the one which sounds best in each language.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”