is the respawn rate intentional?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vincentvfx.1794

vincentvfx.1794

ok, i know several of you will just say learn to play and that is fine. the more i get into the game the more i find areas where i can make little or no progress. why? because the mobs are all packed together, and by the time i kill the second one, the first one is respawning. and then as i try to push deeper into given areas at a point i just get surrounded and no matter how i try to be strategic and kill a few off one by one, it does not matter because as soon as i take step forward the one i just killed is respawned.

i dont want my entire path to be cleared, but currently this really makes the game not really fun to play. is the game just not designed to be played by a single player if they want to? am i asking for the wrong thing?

vincentvfx.1794

ok, and now i am in the harathi hinterlands and i am being downleveled to 37 while fighting level 42 wolves? why? i mean really?

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

O_o i honestly don’t know what to say. I only thought the insane respawn rate was a problem in Orr.

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

Some respawn rates are really a pain. The ship at Cursed Shore is probably the worst of them all.

Posted by: Azthioth.9682

Azthioth.9682

I agree. It is a bit insane. For a warrior or guardian, this is no problem, but for a mesmer or ele, it is a death sentence.

vincentvfx.1794

well i mean i like the feel of danger, but for me, and i dont know how others feel, it is a bit too much the more i level up. there have been a lot of times i wanted to stop and smell the roses and check out artwork etc. but i cant, because i know that in 5-10 seconds after i kill the mob it will be up again. i like the idea of making a challenge, but just having insane respawn rates feels like a cheap tactic, and for me it is starting to ruin the game.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

It was already commented on by Anet a couple days back… I’m not sure I can dig the post out. They asked ppl to submit reports of exact zones/locations/mob names so they could take a look at it.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Deistik.7802

Deistik.7802

This is why I leveled as a marks/wells necro and just AE’d everything, pretty much all the time.