is this game still grindy on economy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SaskiaElite.8132

SaskiaElite.8132

Hello, last time I played GW2 there’s was heavy grind on in game money, I’m not a person who spends his/her entire week on pvp to get shiny rewards. so my question is: mobs still dropping 35-55 copper on max level? was also Trading post prices was insane was keep increasing like everyday

is this still valid?

thanks in advance

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

When was the last time you played?

It’s certainly easier to gain gold than ever before, but coin drops from mobs are largely the same. Grind for cash still exists, but it’s perhaps a lot less than it used to be. You also get 2g from doing your dailies.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Since you didn’t state what you would want gold for, it’s hard to answer directly.

You don’t get a lot of coin from mobs, but you can salvage and/or sell the drops. Many complain there are too many drops/too many containers of drops. I personally don’t grind for anything and my gold hovers around 1000. Plenty to gear up a new level 80 or whatever.

I’d say it more depends on your goals. If you are crafting something, you can work to collect what you want. Or, if you want it sooner, you buy the materials. Or some combination of the two.

You mentioned PvP, but I’m not sure exactly why. There are reward tracks there that award even ascended gear now. Again, what are your goals?

SaskiaElite.8132

When was the last time you played?

It’s certainly easier to gain gold than ever before, but coin drops from mobs are largely the same. Grind for cash still exists, but it’s perhaps a lot less than it used to be. You also get 2g from doing your dailies.

again, most of dailies is based on pvp and I don’t like pvp. Back in day, dailies were only on based story/pve/gathering, now its all about pvp and other puzzle stuff.

can you tell me how its easier to get gold? there’s must be other ways to get gold,
I do not want to download entire 25GB data to see it myself since I have limited
download capacity

DeanBB.4268

Each mode (PvE, WvW, PvP) has dailies. Complete 3 in any mode to get 10 AP and 2g. I often get 2 in PvE and 1 in WvW.

Farming is always the way to get gold in an MMO, at least if your goal is to maximize. Silverwastes and “AB Multiloot” are two common ones.

Personally, no farming here. Again, how much gold do you need and what do you want it for?

SaskiaElite.8132

Since you didn’t state what you would want gold for, it’s hard to answer directly.

You don’t get a lot of coin from mobs, but you can salvage and/or sell the drops. Many complain there are too many drops/too many containers of drops. I personally don’t grind for anything and my gold hovers around 1000. Plenty to gear up a new level 80 or whatever.

I’d say it more depends on your goals. If you are crafting something, you can work to collect what you want. Or, if you want it sooner, you buy the materials. Or some combination of the two.

You mentioned PvP, but I’m not sure exactly why. There are reward tracks there that award even ascended gear now. Again, what are your goals?

Thanks for reply, pvp is all about fast reactions against enemy players and keyboard button destroyer. I simply cannot press 10+ buttons to get a single kill in very short time.

I just want to get fair amount of gold so I can do basic stuff

SaskiaElite.8132

Each mode (PvE, WvW, PvP) has dailies. Complete 3 in any mode to get 10 AP and 2g. I often get 2 in PvE and 1 in WvW.

Farming is always the way to get gold in an MMO, at least if your goal is to maximize. Silverwastes and “AB Multiloot” are two common ones.

Personally, no farming here. Again, how much gold do you need and what do you want it for?

oh thats good, then I will start downloading and experience with myself, thanks alot for letting me know

DeanBB.4268

Right now, with Wintersday going on, get and sell gifts for some coin. The Wintersday dailies are in addition to the normal dailies, so they make it super-easy to finish.

Again, I don’t do any farming for gold, and I think right now I’m sitting at around 1120 gold. I have been playing since the start with a couple of months-long breaks in there, so have that advantage. But just playing the game gives me loot. Some I hoard and some I sell. Mystic Coins are ~90s each, so I sell extras. When a material store fills (2000), I sell off 500. I don’t purchase high end stuff, but am about half way through crafting the 18 ascended pieces for the achievement, which means I’ve gathered some of those materials and purchased some.

So with modest goals, plenty of gold comes in. More if you focus on it.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Thanks for reply, pvp is all about fast reactions against enemy players and keyboard button destroyer. I simply cannot press 10+ buttons to get a single kill in very short time.

I just want to get fair amount of gold so I can do basic stuff

You’d be right if there weren’t pvp daily rooms where people go to get cooperative dailies without fighting each other. There are also other “PvP dailies” you an get without PvPing at all.

If you have badges of honor from achievement point chests, as an example, you can use them to buy something in a guild hall that that gives you a daily on the days that daily is active. It doesn’t even involve entering PvP.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

You certainly have it wrong about dailies being pvp only…

By the sounds of things you perhaps played this game like people have to play other games of this genre usually. Such as just standing in one area killing the same mobs over and over to “farm” or earn cash.

That is still not viable here and NEVER will be. The best sources of cash here (well for actually playing the game and not flipping the TP etc) comes from actually doing the content. Be that PVP (pretty good atm if you farm the winter reward track) or PVE events such as AB, silverwastes etc. WvW can also be viable if you just like to play for the “fun” of it all. It might be slower than other methods but it builds up without you even thinking about it.

I guess to answer what you are asking we need to know what it is you actually enjoy about this game and again like SaskiaElite asked. What is it exactly you need this cash for and how much?

PS if it’s about ascended gear you can also earn this in PvP now very easily. Albeit not entirely a full set but close enough and far cheaper! (free but still costs as in “time” :P)

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Hello, last time I played GW2 there’s was heavy grind on in game money, I’m not a person who spends his/her entire week on pvp to get shiny rewards. so my question is: mobs still dropping 35-55 copper on max level? was also Trading post prices was insane was keep increasing like everyday

is this still valid?

thanks in advance

The value in mob drops has never been the coin; it’s always been the goods they drop — it’s easier than ever to salvage and sell. Plus you get login rewards and 2g per day just for doing 3 dailies. So it’s easier than ever to obtain basic exotic gear for your toons.

Obtaining shinier things is always more expensive and mileage varies, depending on what you want (some things are a lot cheaper, some are more expensive).

I’ve never found this game to be grindy for basics, especially for those not in a rush to get their fancy skins.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: IcyTear.6378

IcyTear.6378

Do you know why gold mobs still dropping 35-55 copper on max level ? Because it’s raw gold , they can cause inflation . Item drop is difference , you savage them or sold them on TP , get gold from other player . Tax will remove 15 % solid gold from game , keep everything balance . And hell yeah , we play a game where a new player can farm and get ascended gear after 1-2 months . You should thank Anet for that .

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Do you know why gold mobs still dropping 35-55 copper on max level ? Because it’s raw gold , they can cause inflation . Item drop is difference , you savage them or sold them on TP , get gold from other player . Tax will remove 15 % solid gold from game , keep everything balance . And hell yeah , we play a game where a new player can farm and get ascended gear after 1-2 months . You should thank Anet for that .

and once you get a set of ascended gear its a snowball to getting easy ascended gear from then on.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

is this still valid?

thanks in advance

The value in mob drops has never been the coin; it’s always been the goods they drop — it’s easier than ever to salvage and sell. Plus you get login rewards and 2g per day just for doing 3 dailies. So it’s easier than ever to obtain basic exotic gear for your toons.

Obtaining shinier things is always more expensive and mileage varies, depending on what you want (some things are a lot cheaper, some are more expensive).

I’ve never found this game to be grindy for basics, especially for those not in a rush to get their fancy skins.

I think in the earlier years, coin drops from mobs made up a good portion of the loot value from mobs. But back then, gold was way harder to come by.

I remember farming sharks in SSC for scales, when that rediculous bonus on mf was active. I had gold find boosted as well and every 2nd or 3rd shark gave me around 1s in coin drops. This can add up pretty quick, if you are farming hundreds of mobs per hour.

However, I think Anet lowered the droprate for coin on mobs (or scratched it entirely) in the new zones. My guess would be that they have done that because some players build up a decent amount of gold find over the years and they saw newer players at too great a disadvantage. Kinda the same reason, they moved alot of item loot from direct drops from mobs to containers, so its not affected by magic find anymore.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Kastylx.3725

Kastylx.3725

A lot of bullkitten here, honest answer: Yes, it is

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Pretty much all grind is self perceived and depends on what you want to achieve and in which way.