is trading gold bannable ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sereniity seven.5603

sereniity seven.5603

so me and my friend would like to get the tittle “golden” she has 100g and i have 100g.. can i get banned for lending her 100g so she can get her tittle.. vis versa …

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

it’s not a bannable offense

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

The in-game mail system allows you to attach money, so I would say no. Cheating to get the achievement? Maybe

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Technically, no. It’s perfectly acceptable

HOWEVER, it’s not improbable that it’ll flag up as unusual behaviour and there is a very small chance you may accidentally get banned; but you’ll also almost certainly get unbanned if you appealed and explained what happened.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Lol why would anyone get banned for that?
If i want i can borrow all my money to my friend and 30 secs later get it back.
Its my money i do what i want with it, why do you guys even consider this?

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Because generally, gold-sellers send gold to their buyers through the in-game mail system. And the buster system tracks the larger of these transfers as a means of catching them. There are also other factors in getting marked as an offender, but false positives do happen anyway.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

Actually, it’s fantasy money and the intellectual property of ArenaNet / NCSOFT. As such it’s subject to their rules, and they have protective measures in place to spot gold farmers and bots. I think that’s what has the OP concerned.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Official Response In a Ticket I sent some time ago about the same thing, says me this:
- It’s not bannable.
- You can get banned by it, because the automated systems used to detect bot gold transfers, then they can’t guarantee that you wont be banned for do such this several times.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Max is pretty much spot on. It’s not a bannable offense, but ArenaNet’s gold seller system appears to identify people that regularly send large amounts of gold via mail as gold sellers, thus instabanning you. It is usually resolved in a day or two though, sometimes quicker. Just send a ticket and they’ll investigate it and, if you indeed are not a goldseller, will unban your account and apologize.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Do it thru the guild bank. One person puts the money in and the other takes it out, that what me and a couple of guildies did to get us all to 200 gold.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Its not bannable, but because of Arenanet’s ban first ask questions later policy you’re likely going to get banned.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

The SAFEST alternative is to create a guild for a few silver, buy the bank upgrade for a gold or so then use it to pass gold to whoever you need, or if you have one already even better.

But yeah I use the mail system like a personal bank and never been banned yet. I send items to my friend and he returns them. An extra 50 slots that can be accessed anywhere by all characters

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Do a little research. Its happened and is not that uncommon. Also, as stated above, it’s not ‘your money’. Start shooting some gold around to your friends and soon you’ll understand.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

so me and my friend would like to get the tittle “golden” she has 100g and i have 100g.. can i get banned for lending her 100g so she can get her tittle.. vis versa …

2 of my guild members were suspended. they submitted support tickets and got their accounts un-suspended after a some time.

N sent D 200gold via in game mail, so D could get the achievement for depositing 200 gold into his bank. D sent the 200gold back to N. Both D and N were suspended.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

2 of my guild members were suspended. they submitted support tickets and got their accounts un-suspended after a some time.

N sent D 200gold via in game mail, so D could get the achievement for depositing 200 gold into his bank. D sent the 200gold back to N. Both D and N were suspended.

This worrys me. Ive been sending my brother gold to get him “up to speed” because hes newer to the game than me. He will probably start sending it back soon :/

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

This worrys me. Ive been sending my brother gold to get him “up to speed” because hes newer to the game than me. He will probably start sending it back soon :/

me and my guild members came to a conclusion that, 10 gold and above triggers the ban bot.

use the guild bank for large gold transactions.

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

The chances are pretty slim. I sent my friend 10g once, and he sent it back a few days later. My brother did the same too with a larger amount. My other friend sent 300-400g to my other friend for his legendary, and no ban there.

There’s a chance like everyone says, but it’s nothing to get paranoid over. You can always send a support ticket to fix it if it happens.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

can always send a support ticket to fix it if it happens.

but the time lost for not able to play will never be gained back.

oooo the daily laurels!

oooo the daily karma jug!

oooo the daily mystic coin!

oooo the daily pristine fractal relic

oooo the daily % for ascended rings!

etc

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

can always send a support ticket to fix it if it happens.

but the time lost for not able to play will never be gained back.

oooo the daily laurels!

oooo the daily karma jug!

oooo the daily mystic coin!

oooo the daily pristine fractal relic

oooo the daily % for ascended rings!

etc

and of course the daily gold trading

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?