january 2013 content for gw2 question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Davidm.2419

Davidm.2419

What is going to be january 2013 content for guild wars 2?

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

They said it will be in PvP side updates like WvW and sPvP. I would love for them to do the fallowing,

Improve reward in WvW, improve ways to earn badges or increase the drop rates, give us more reason to play WvW other than helping your server win fame, like a personal ranking system. Something similar to Aion: ranks will be base off of how many players you’ve killed, how much building you’ve taken (dolyaks supply train, towers, keeps, supplies depot, castles) add ranking like soldiers, 1-5 star officers, commander, governor etc… it doesn’t even have to have military name. It can have like legionaries, seraph etc.. according to gw2 lore.

I

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

It could be that I missed a more recent interview, but isn’t it the February patch that’s supposed to bring the PvP improvements?

As far as I know, the only thing they said about the January patch is that it was “an expansion worth of content, for free.” Not sure what it means, because MMO expansions can go from very cheap to very generous ones. Personally, I really hope that whatever it is, it includes new ascended armor sets that you can get without doing dungeons. (Even if it’s harder to get than an exotic.)

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

What I would like to hear from them is, a rough timeline of when the rest of the ascended gear will be coming out. I’m aware that it would be released “over a period of time” but it would be nice to have a some knowledge of when and what pieces of gear will be coming out in the up coming months

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The Jan & Feb content patches will add up to a free expansion worth of content.

I read that Feb will focus on WvW changes, so I’m thinking Jan will be PvE.

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

They already talked about it on the blog didn’t they? They’re fixing the fractal system. I think January’s patch is going to be mostly patching up the stuff from November, which were left sort of in limbo while wintersday is going on.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

What I would like to hear from them is, a rough timeline of when the rest of the ascended gear will be coming out. I’m aware that it would be released “over a period of time” but it would be nice to have a some knowledge of when and what pieces of gear will be coming out in the up coming months

You don’t need new items to have fun…. Mmos should not rely on this

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Karizee.8076

They already talked about it on the blog didn’t they? They’re fixing the fractal system. I think January’s patch is going to be mostly patching up the stuff from November, which were left sort of in limbo while wintersday is going on.

I think it’s going to be considerably more than that since they said that Jan & Feb together would be an expansion’s worth of content.

Free

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Do you have a link to this information? I would like to read it.

Karizee.8076

Do you have a link to this information? I would like to read it.

Here ya go!

http://gamingbolt.com/guild-wars-2-interview-we-talk-to-areanet-about-how-the-mmorpg-has-been-doing-post-launch

“But January and February are actually are biggest updates to date. They’re even bigger than all the stuff we did in October, November and December. And I think that when people see how much stuff they’re gonna get for no monthly fee in January and February, they’re probably going to be blown away. These two months combined are basically an expansion’s worth of content for free.”

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

your guess is as good as anyones, cos i doubt we will really know anything until 1-2 days before the patch even comes out. otherwise it’s just the few bread crumbs they throw us when they reply about something.