joining a guild on a different server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

I have my toons on Jade Quarry, but my son (17) wants to play GW2 with me. JQ is full. We are not interested in WvW at all. So I know he can do PVE with me, but will it have any effect on joining a guild? Specifically, will he have the same guild experience I have? I have another son already playing on JQ with me, and we are not currently in a guild but have come to the realization we need a good guild. I know at one time a guild could be at level 3 on one server, and 40 on another. It would affect vault tabs and such. I searched but could not find a current answer.

I hope this question makes sense. Disregarding WvW, will joining a guild based on a different server effect anything guild related?

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

The only meaningful use server has is WvW. If you arent interested in that it will not affect you at all. Servers basically dont exsist out side of wvw.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

They merged PvE servers together long ago. As long as your son is in the same data group as you (NA or EU) he’ll have no troubles with guild access or grouping up in PvE.