keys of greater nightmare question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Anyone know how much gold will I get from 1 stack of nightmare keys approx? Should I open on t3 labyrinth? if yes, what is the difference?

Thx

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

1. No idea how much wealth you’d get from a stack of keys.

2. The loot from the chest doesn’t change based on the tier of the labyrinth.

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

It’s funny how many people think it does, though.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Not saying it does, but if it doesn’t, what’s the point of having a tier system that requires more pods to get to increase the tier? Why not just leave it at tier one and have the maze?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Not saying it does, but if it doesn’t, what’s the point of having a tier system that requires more pods to get to increase the tier? Why not just leave it at tier one and have the maze?

The loot in the LESSER nightmare pods gets better with the tiers. The greater nightmare chest stays the same regardless of tier.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

The loot in the LESSER nightmare pods gets better with the tiers. The greater nightmare chest stays the same regardless of tier.

That makes me hopeful and want to do the event again considering my friend got a Dusk out of one. But can you show me proof? A post of some kind that proves the loot is better?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That makes me hopeful and want to do the event again considering my friend got a Dusk out of one. But can you show me proof? A post of some kind that proves the loot is better?

Here’s what the Wiki has to say:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Find_and_open_nightmare_pods_within_the_Tangled_Labyrinth

No conclusive evidence either way.

Good luck.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I never saw that the lesser nightmare pod loot got better with higher tiers. You simply got MORE lesser nightmare pods to open, since going up a tier respawns pods in different locations.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The point of the “tiers” is that every time you complete a higher tier of the event, you get better rewards (from the event itself, NOT from chests… completing the T3 event gives you a bonus rare and some sand I believe) as well as a higher level of the damage buff VS modrem enemies.

Posted by: Wizeon.3852

Wizeon.3852

I’ve seen myself get even whole keys from the lesser pods on T2 and T3, never on T1. And more of the smaller pieces, often 3 from one pod on higher tiers.