last battle bug (spoiler)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

ok, I’ll be honest, is the last battle of the story some kind of joke? who in his right mind thinks “yeah, this is fit for a person to do on its own”??
i’ve died like 1000 times, all my equipment is broken, I start the battle and get killed in 0.3 secs.

Bit EVEN WORSE now I’m not even given the option to res. the message only says “you’re defeated”and I have no choices to make
if I relog I’ll of course have to start all over again.
now tell, what’s up with the bug? what can I do? I don’t want to waste all the work I’ve done to get him to 10% of HP

Attachments:

(edited by coso.9173)

coso.9173

I didn’t mention any names in my post, I don’t really see any spoilers besides if you chose to click on the picture.
but I’ll add the (spoiler) for whatever reason I guess.

coso.9173

Also I tried relogging and not only did I lose the boss fight progress, but I have to start the WHOLE instance again. this is really really bad. I won’t even try it again untill they say they have fixed the bug that won’t let us res anymore.

(edited by coso.9173)

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I did it for the second time last night to get Wisteria and it was much easier. Granted I was on a staff daredevil so I had a lot of dodges, but it seemed like there was less to avoid this time around. Avoid the red circles, click the special action as soon as you can, and throw the crystals to break his shield as quickly as you can.

I didn’t even get hit by the jade construct for some reason this time. I just focused on the boss and was on the opposite side of the room. Not sure what happened with that. Maybe I hit the construct with a crystal or something and it caused it to do less damage?

I did break everything the first time around though. lol

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I run Viper minions poison with Flesh Golem and that flying thingy that I cannot remember the name. Did it last night. I have been having issues with dc since patch landed, and all I was doing was run around Caedecus during the shield phase and grabbing and throwing the shards as I run to the next one. It all comes down to your build. My power Condi Ele will probably die 1001 or more times before I can even get his health to 50%

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Just done it on my 3rd char, things to do:

1 – Avoid circles, more so the thicker/bold yellow ones (they will knock you down and for a long time), the other ones are not as bad.

2 – Kill adds if they are hurting you too much. That being first the sharpshooter and then the Jade.

3 – Break shield as soon as it’s up.

4 – Spam that special move as soon as it pops up. Also do your self a favour and key map it to an easy to reach key. I think a lot of people have problems here because they don’t even do something as simple as this which can make a big difference. I have mine set to “c”.

5 – If at all possible go in with a build that’s designed for damage. Trust me it makes it easier which is usually always the case for story missions sadly.

Example I first did it on my Engi Main and then my Power ranger, both in zerk gear and had no problems. My third time now was my PVT Ele (not replaced his gear to zerk yet) and it wasn’t any tougher for him but of course it just took longer and was a heck of a lot more boring. The jade of course took far too long to kill in this gear.

Oh and lastly guys, don’t go without food, it can be VERY helpful. Use Mango Pies, even in zerk gear it can be very helpful. Extra HP and the HP regen is great if your build has extra healing. It all adds up and keeps you alive for an extra hit or so which can make a big difference.

Good luck!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)