laurel gain

laurel gain

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

hey everybody

so i love the new dailes but where are my laurels i finished 3/3 voor dailyes but i didnt get any and other ppl did wth is happening?

i nead 28 more of this thingys for armor so dont want to get it even slower

greetings from a frustrated guy

Naomi DragonFury

laurel gain

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

As far as I know you can only get them from the daily login reward.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

laurel gain

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

As said in the pre-release blog the Laurels (and all earlier daily rewards) have been moved to the Login-reward system instead.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

laurel gain

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

You get more laurels from the new system than the old one, have a good look at the daily login calendar and you’ll see that.
Apparently 1 laurel per day on login too.

Kitten.

laurel gain

Posted by: nathan goossen.9546

nathan goossen.9546

i checked wiki and there was like a bag of mystic coin and nothing els
no laurel inidcation ahm
i just hope they dont move to get less of them =(

but thx for quick replay

Naomi DragonFury

laurel gain

lordkrall.7241

On day 2 you get 1 laurel. On day 7 you get 10. On day 21 you get 15 and on day 28 you can choose laurels among a couple of other things.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

laurel gain

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

On day 2 you get 1 laurel. On day 7 you get 10. On day 21 you get 15 and on day 28 you can choose laurels among a couple of other things.

Plus 2 on day 9, 3 on day 16, and 4 on day 23.

35 Laurels over 27 days, plus additional laurels if you pick them from the choice box on day 28.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

laurel gain

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

You get more laurels from the new system than the old one, have a good look at the daily login calendar and you’ll see that.
Apparently 1 laurel per day on login too.

If you login every day you do. With the old system you could play 20 days out of the month and get the monthly done and you would have 30 laurels. With this system you would get 25(?) but it has to be consecutive days logging in. I guess the flipside is you don’t have to do anything except login and it gives ArenaNet the ability to release metrics to the gaming press about “X” number of logins per month. So there’s that.

On the whole I am rather indifferent/turned off by the new system, but I could totally see how some people would like it. To me it’s just another change that didn’t need to happen whilst stuff that should have happened ages ago still hasn’t come and they won’t talk about it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

laurel gain

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

It has not to be consecutive.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

laurel gain

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

but it has to be consecutive days logging in

No it doesn’t. You can skip as many days as you want and your progress will continue from where you left off when you do log in.

See this page: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/

Missed a day because of work, vacation, or a work vacation? No worries, your progress is still there! The next time you log in, you’ll pick up where you left off. The system will only reset once you’ve claimed the 28th and final reward.

laurel gain

Kaz.5430

It doesn’t have to be consecutive days.

365 + (10*12) = 485 a year old way (every daily, every monthly)

35 * 13 = 400 + 55 (it says kitten if i type the actual number lol) a year new way, without picking them at all from the 13x day 28 chests you could get over the year.

laurel gain

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

It’s nice that people have started putting things that they’re completely making up in bold lettering.

laurel gain

Iason Evan.3806

It has not to be consecutive.

My bad. I have been asking how this stuff is going to work for a week and have gotten more info from players than ArenaNet. I guess if you leave everyone confused there’s less complaining to deal with.

So under the old system, if I logged in for consecutive days and finished the monthly, I could have 30 laurels on the 20th day. With this system if you decide to login 20 consecutive days you would have 25. At the end of 30 days under the old system you would have 40 laurels(all dailies+ monthly). With the new system, how many would it be? What about karma? I love how in the blog post last week they conveniently left out the numbers. Stuff like this should be clearly explained in the patch notes. It’s not though. It’s a convoluted mess.

laurel gain

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s not consecutive.

Missed a day because of work, vacation, or a work vacation? No worries, your progress is still there! The next time you log in, you’ll pick up where you left off. The system will only reset once you’ve claimed the 28th and final reward.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

laurel gain

Vesuvius.9874

It’s nice that people have started putting things that they’re completely making up in bold lettering.

LOL so true! Yeah kittenes me off to no end how people state imaginary ideas as facts.

laurel gain

Vesuvius.9874

Stuff like this should be clearly explained in the patch notes. It’s not though. It’s a convoluted mess.

I don’t think ANET does spoonfeeding. Maybe try opening a support ticket for that.

laurel gain

Kaz.5430

You can’t compare them on a rolling basis because the number of laurels increases during the 28 cycle. If you just play 20 days a month then you wont get as many laurels some months, but will get a lot more on others.

There is nothing saying what the number of laurels in the end chest is yet.

But, assuming it is at least equal to the 15 you get on day 21, then that’s another possible 195 laurels over the year. Meaning that you theoretically can get 165 more laurels over the year in the new system. If there’s more than 15 in the day 28 chest that goes up.

laurel gain

Iason Evan.3806

LOL so true! Yeah kittenes me off to no end how people state imaginary ideas as facts.

In a later post I said, “My bad”. I explained myself poorly in that first post and then clarified what I meant. I compared this system now on consecutive logins to consecutive logins in the past.

laurel gain

Kaz.5430

20 days a month, achieving daily and monthly, vs new system – in a year

20 * 12 = 240 from dailies + 120 from monthlies = 360

240 days play = 8 full cycles PLUS day 12

8 * 35 = 280 + 13 = 293 plus 8 end chests

Assuming 15 in the end chest, then that’s another 120, so between 293 and 413 over the year depending on the end chest choices you make.

laurel gain

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yup, 35 laurels per 28 days. We’ll see what’s the amount of laurel in the 28th day, but with the old system you had 485 laurels per year, now you have kitten laurels per year (excluding the reward on the 28th days. So my guess is that you could have something like 700-750 laurels in a year if you always choose the laurel chest every 28th day, which is a lot more than it used to be.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

laurel gain

Kaz.5430

now you have kitten laurels per year

that happened to me too

laurel gain

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Yup, 35 laurels per 28 days. We’ll see what’s the amount of laurel in the 28th day, but with the old system you had 485 laurels per year, now you have kitten laurels per year (excluding the reward on the 28th days. So my guess is that you could have something like 700-750 laurels in a year if you always choose the laurel chest every 28th day, which is a lot more than it used to be.

Actually if what you say is true you get less since the monthly reward of 10 laurels is removed since previously it was between 38 and 41 laurels per month if you did dailies and monthly unless there’s some additional laurel reward I’ve missed.

laurel gain

Kaz.5430

Actually if what you say is true you get less since the monthly reward of 10 laurels is removed since previously it was between 38 and 41 laurels per month if you did dailies and monthly unless there’s some additional laurel reward I’ve missed.

You’d get 30 less, but that’s only assuming that you do not pick the laurel option from the 13 x day 28 chests you’ll now get over the same year.

If you do pick them, then assuming as little as 3 laurels in the end chest, then you’d get 9 more now.

Assuming a more realistic end chest number like 15 you’d get 165 more now, and if there are 20 in the end chest you’d get 230 more now.

laurel gain

Iason Evan.3806

My issue with it now is the communication of it. I posted a thread about this a week ago. There is still no answer and we are all just here speculating. When changes to the game happen, it should be clearly explained. That’s my opinion and it feels reasonable to have changes be clearly and concisely explained.

laurel gain

Vesuvius.9874

My issue with it now is the communication of it. I posted a thread about this a week ago. There is still no answer and we are all just here speculating. When changes to the game happen, it should be clearly explained. That’s my opinion and it feels reasonable to have changes be clearly and concisely explained.

Are you the only one that didn’t see this page? —> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/

That was posted on Dec 10. Why are you still complaining about this?

laurel gain

Kaz.5430

At this point the only thing left being speculated about is the number of laurels in the end chest. The fact that the new system keeps going until you’ve got to day 28 (rather than resetting at the end of the month regardless of your activity) is confirmed. The contents of the laurels in day 1 to 27 is confirmed.

laurel gain

lordkrall.7241

But why would it matter? Since clearly you didn’t read the post explaining the new system anyway, as shown earlier in the thread.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

laurel gain

Iason Evan.3806

Are you the only one that didn’t see this page? —> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-daily-achievement-system/

Because they have changed a system and omitted the numbers from the announcement and the patch notes. What is our karma gain per month now? What is our Laurel gain per month? All I am saying is that it should be clearly and concisely explained and I said it reasonably.

No need to erupt, Vesuvius.

laurel gain

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t get it really. They announced that their will be a change we just had to wait a week to see all the specific when the update was launch today. They could explain everything when they announce things, but why? Why do you absolutely need to know the exact amount of laurel you gonna have with the new system that’s gonna be launched a week later? Especially, since we already knew that they were gonna give use Laurels in the log-in reward.

I saw your post. You didn’t die for waiting for a week to get your answer didn’t you? It’s not like Anet don’t have much post asking question right? It would been nice if a dev or somebody from anet would have gave you quick answer. You will have around the same amount of laurel, no the price won’t change, no item will be added or removed. (I honestly don’t know about the karma yet.)

But in the end, its not a big deal, its only a week.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

laurel gain

Vesuvius.9874

Because they have changed a system and omitted the numbers from the announcement and the patch notes. What is our karma gain per month now? What is our Laurel gain per month? All I am saying is that it should be clearly and concisely explained and I said it reasonably.

No need to erupt, Vesuvius.

Except they’ve never posted numbers before for ANY update. Why are you expecting them to start posting numbers now?

laurel gain

Iason Evan.3806

I don’t get it really. They announced that their will be a change we just had to wait a week to see all the specific when the update was launch today. They could explain everything when they announce things, but why? Why do you absolutely need to know the exact amount of laurel you gonna have with the new system that’s gonna be launched a week later? Especially, since we already knew that they were gonna give use Laurels in the log-in reward.

I saw your post. You didn’t die for waiting for a week to get your answer didn’t you? It’s not like Anet don’t have much post asking question right? It would been nice if a dev or somebody from anet would have gave you quick answer. You will have around the same amount of laurel, no the price won’t change, no item will be added or removed. (I honestly don’t know about the karma yet.)

But in the end, its not a big deal, its only a week.

Why the hyperbole? All I have said is that they should explain changes to the game. That’s it. You guys start mentioning dying from waiting etc.

• If they were to change how a skill works, it should be in the patch notes. When they changed glory in pvp, it was in the patch notes. I think a change to laurels and karma distribution should be in the patch notes.

It’s just opinions.

laurel gain

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

You also get laurels from achievements chests, so you can add 7 chests/year just from doing dailies (3500 AP), or one chest every 50days.