left click macros/rebinds not working?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I used to open stacks of bags by binding my mouse scroll wheel to left click so that I could just spin my scroll wheel to chew through a stack of loot bags or luck all at once without getting carpal tunnel or breaking my mouse’s left click.

But it’s not working anymore. Is it just me or did they make a change for everyone?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

/15characters…

Attachments:

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

/15characters…

That’s not bannable, it’s still 1 action per button activation.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Unless they put in a detect/block feature for very fast keystrokes, it is most likely related to your rebind software, not GW2. Did you check to see if the rebind works outside of the game?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Devildoc.6721

Unless they put in a detect/block feature for very fast keystrokes, it is most likely related to your rebind software, not GW2. Did you check to see if the rebind works outside of the game?

Yes, I did. I’m thinking the game now detects if a button is pressed too rapidly.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Yes, I did. I’m thinking the game now detects if a button is pressed too rapidly.

There’s an easy way to test that: get a load of bags or luck or whatever and try scrolling through them at different speeds.

If it works at slower speeds and stops working when you speed up that’s probably what’s happening. If it doesn’t make a difference then it’s something else.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Mine is still working fine. I use AHK and a simple script to rebind scroll down to be mouse 1 and activate the rebind script when I need to chew through some stacks. Single tick is a single activation, so it takes two ‘ticks’ of the mouse wheel to consume an item due to requiring a double ‘click’ to use an item. I can chew through as fast as I am able to scroll instead of as fast as I am able to click the left mouse button.

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance Force
SetTitleMatchMode, 3
#IfWinActive, Guild Wars 2

MButton::
WheelDown::Click left

Now, making the action to be a double click instead of a single click would be bannable as that would then be two commands performed from a single action or ‘key’ stroke.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Sir Meta.3402

Sir Meta.3402

where can i find information about the rules for such scripts?
Would I be allowed to map ctrl+1 to be F1+1 since its still 2 key presses ?

Devildoc.6721

I don’t see why they’d try to restrict something like that, it has no combat applications, and the amount of loot containers you get doing content makes it so that clicking through all of it is obnoxious.

Should just have a “use all” option in the right click menu.

this game has so many QoL improvements, but they dropped the ball with how many containers you have to click open in your inventory.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Wait, I bought a gaming mouse that has a button next to my left click that acts as a double-left click (no software beyond the mouse driver needed). Is it a bannable offense to use that to open a stack of 250 bags (only 250 clicks instead of 500) then? That’s a stupid reason to be banned if it is.

PS, I had no idea this was a feature on the mouse. I only discovered it because it wasn’t registering as a button when I tried to turn it into a skill key. So I exited the program and decided to try clicking some shortcuts on my desktop- low and behold it was one click opening instead of the two clicks I have my system set up to. Tested it in game on a bag, same thing.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Wait, I bought a gaming mouse that has a button next to my left click that acts as a double-left click (no software beyond the mouse driver needed). Is it a bannable offense to use that to open a stack of 250 bags (only 250 clicks instead of 500) then? That’s a stupid reason to be banned if it is.

PS, I had no idea this was a feature on the mouse. I only discovered it because it wasn’t registering as a button when I tried to turn it into a skill key. So I exited the program and decided to try clicking some shortcuts on my desktop- low and behold it was one click opening instead of the two clicks I have my system set up to. Tested it in game on a bag, same thing.

My Red Dragon Perdition has the red “Fire” button to the left of the left mouse button. The default software configuration had it set to be a double left-click action. I quickly rebound this to be a single left-click (to use it on intense clicking to save my ‘real’ left mouse button) as hitting that one button to perform what would be two actions is a bannable offense.

If you have been using it as a double-click then I think you should consider yourself lucky to have gotten by without a ban so far.

I highly recommend changing that button to be single click only, or be extra careful to never use the double-click action of it while playing GW2.

As an alternative for rebinding the scroll wheel, I’ve heard of some people binding a key on their keyboard to be Mouse 1. Due to the ‘repeating’ nature of keyboard keys, they can jack the repeat speed up real high and just hold down that one key to eat a whole stack in seconds. I am not sure if this is considered bannable or not as you technically are not pressing a single key to perform a single action. But holding down the ‘t’ key spams a row of the letter ‘t’ into the chat box without having to press/release/press/release/etc to type the same letter repeatedly. Because of this common function of keyboard letters naturally repeating upon being held down, I do not think making a keyboard key to act as Mouse 1 to practically insta-eat a stack is bannable. Each repeating activation would type the letter or single click the left mouse button – sounds like the exact same thing to me.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)