legendary prices

legendary prices

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

so out of boredom I decided to see exactly how much real money id need to pump into the game to get a legendary weapon, and I was shocked to say the least.

eternity on my server (CD) is 3600g, the most expensive one

if you bought that in $10 gem purchases it would take you 66.5 purchases to get the amount of gold needed to buy said legendary.

that’s $665 dollars.

to that I say congratulation to everyone who built/bought theirs already.

p.s. in no way am I complaining, I’m congratulating the people that have a weapon that is worth a lot of out of game money

legendary prices

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

1: TP is cross server
2: Eternity is 2 legendaries
3: One legendary can cost 700-800 gold in materials
4: What’s your point?

legendary prices

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

I didn’t have a point, I’m just surprised that something people can still make would sell for so much

legendary prices

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

It requires more effort.

legendary prices

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I didn’t have a point, I’m just surprised that something people can still make would sell for so much

Legendaries are “the goal” for many, as a massive point of the game is cosmetic upgrades. Why not make things that sell for so much to use?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

legendary prices

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

the TP is world-wide. so it also costs 3600g for me to buy eternity on dragonbrand.
you could do the math to see how much it would cost if you made it from scratch (buy the materials and put them together)

legendary prices

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

the TP is world-wide. so it also costs 3600g for me to buy eternity on dragonbrand.
you could do the math to see how much it would cost if you made it from scratch (buy the materials and put them together)

http://www.gw2legendary.com/

Looking at the two swords it requires (1860g and 1733g) pretty much points out if you were to make it from scratch today it’d cost the same in gold (and that’s ignoring all the karma and skill points required)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

legendary prices

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

$665 sounds like a lot, and it is, but consider what that looks like if you have a job that pays $25/hour. (Certainly not minimum wage, but a not insane professional wage.)

$665 / ($25/hr) = 26.6 hours.

While I wouldn’t pay $665 for Eternity, I’m not so hot on the idea of making one, either, which requires a heck of a lot of grinding. I don’t know how well champ farming pays out, but if you get 5g/hour, that’s something like 295 hours for the precursors alone.

Dawn = 599g and Dusk = 877g. So that’s 1476g for precursors, which, at 5g/hr, would take 295.2 hours to farm.

Of course, a lot of people enjoy playing the game, even champ farming, a lot more than their job, and even if they like their job, they might not be able to just casually pick up more hours on a whim. If you like your preferred farming method, good for you, but if you don’t, you might consider how much you’re paying yourself for something you don’t enjoy.

5g/hr = $1.20/hr

Hopefully, farmers are having enough fun to make it worthwhile.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~