legendary weapons same as extoic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AimForThatFace.7814

AimForThatFace.7814

So I been looking at the legendary weapons and they are the same as extoic.
I don’t see the difference, are they actually going to change the stats sometime because what the point of making a legendary but just to show off?

Posted by: MasterGeese.4756

MasterGeese.4756

You just answered your own question.

/thread.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I don’t see the difference, are they actually going to change the stats sometime because what the point of making a legendary but just to show off?

That was the whole point from the beginning.

However, back in November they did state that the stats will be buffed to ascended status.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

That is the point of Legendary. Same stats but allegedly a “cooler” look. That at least matches their design manifesto and is a good thing. Exotic being top tier of gear, with several ways to get them. Legendary taking a fair investiture of time and effort to get, but only being a cosmetic upgrade.

I like it that way.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

They’re a goal to strive for since appearance-wise they’re very unique, and there are achievements associated with them. They’re not intended to stronger than exotics in terms of stats, however.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: AimForThatFace.7814

AimForThatFace.7814

However, back in November they did state that the stats will be buffed to ascended status.

So they will be buffed?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

So they will be buffed?

yes. And then they will have the exact same stats as an ascended weapon. They will never have higher stats than the highest tier that will always be easier to get than a legendary.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

And how unfair would it to be to make a weapon with increased stats that is Unable to reach for alot of people due to the amoun of time they can play on a daily base and it would take them about a year to ever get one at all ? No,stats do not need to be increased,legendary should stay for what it is,a great looking skin.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

And how unfair would it to be to make a weapon with increased stats that is Unable to reach for alot of people due to the amoun of time they can play on a daily base and it would take them about a year to ever get one at all ? No,stats do not need to be increased,legendary should stay for what it is,a great looking skin.

On principle I agree but I highly doubt the difference in stats is going to be a game-changer. Heck, you can do a ton more damage just based on gear/trait differences. Some signets even give 10% more damage.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

I could be wrong, but IIRC the plan for legendary weaps was this:

Soon: add a slot that will take infusions. NOT buff the stats to ascended levels. So: exo stats but room for more more infusion to combat agony in Fractals.

When ascended weapons are finally introduced: buff stats on legendary to match those of ascended weaps. This is to prevent legendaries from becoming obsolete, stat-wise.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

On principle I agree but I highly doubt the difference in stats is going to be a game-changer. Heck, you can do a ton more damage just based on gear/trait differences. Some signets even give 10% more damage.

Then what is the point of giving legendary better stats overall if it wouldn’t make a difference anyway ?