let me do hearts after completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

or I’m really going to feel like I’m just filling a bar like a kittening idiot.

also Volden’s kegs are still bugged sometimes. one time i couldn’t catch any, next day I caught all of them, so fix this pls.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t understand. After completing what?

The Burninator

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Various hearts have interesting/fun activities associated with them. Some can be done even after you complete the heart but others can’t. The ways it is done seems completely random. The one OP is describing sounds like the one in Wayfarer where an NPC throws frozen kegs of ale at you and you are supposed to catch them.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Various hearts have interesting/fun activities associated with them. Some can be done even after you complete the heart but others can’t. The ways it is done seems completely random. The one OP is describing sounds like the one in Wayfarer where an NPC throws frozen kegs of ale at you and you are supposed to catch them.

Oh okay I wasn’t aware of that. It was an honest question. I thought it might have been in reference to some map completion or an achievement of some sorts.

The Burninator

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I was thinking he just wanted to do hearts over and over as a way to level quickly.

And I’ve never been able to catch those bloody kegs!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Here’s an idea: Heart Tiers, 3 tiers of heart rewards Gold>Platinum>Diamond. Increasing rewards for each tier. Only gold is required for map completion, other tiers take much much longer to fill, but can reward with some nice items.

Oh wait that’s PQs from Warhammer which everyone hated, nevermind, I’ll slink out of here before I get attacked for having a thought.

Heck I’d probably PvE again though!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Here’s an idea: Heart Tiers, 3 tiers of heart rewards Gold>Platinum>Diamond. Increasing rewards for each tier. Only gold is required for map completion, other tiers take much much longer to fill, but can reward with some nice items.

Oh wait that’s PQs from Warhammer which everyone hated, nevermind, I’ll slink out of here before I get attacked for having a thought.

I didn’t mind that from Warhammer. Didn’t mind the game overall either, burnt out very quickly though. I think this is a pretty good idea.

In before you get attacked for having a thought!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I like it.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

I second this thought. Many heart’s activities are quite fun. Some include transformations that I’d like to mess around in after I’m done. Such as the tiny raven one. Don’t see the harm in it honestly. Even if minor or no rewards are given.

I am The No.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I already see the new posts in the forums where people cry that Anet “forces” them to grind

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Aeonblade.8709

I already see the new posts in the forums where people cry that Anet “forces” them to grind

To which I respond to all the people whining with “That’s why only the first tier is required for map completion, no one is forcing you to do anything.” Boy wouldn’t that just turn the tables on them?

I just want a reason to PvE again other than the daily. This would actually give me something to do beyond WvW, at least for a week or two.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I would love to be able to interact again with hearts I completed. It would make helping friends with hearts much easier showing them how to complete a heart instead of trying to tell them how to do it.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

As long as it would give a better reward than doing something else, provide an easier way of getting something or give achievement points, people would complain that they’re being “forced” to grind them. People that like to 100% everything would probably also complain due to the grind.

Hearts (and scouts) were originally added to the game because they found that the typical MMO player was quickly lost due to the lack of quests and clear direction. All zones were originally like Orr and Southsun when it came to hearts. For future zones/expansions, they may drop hearts altogether, but probably not, at least for major expansion zones.

Aeonblade.8709

As long as it would give a better reward than doing something else, provide an easier way of getting something or give achievement points, people would complain that they’re being “forced” to grind them. People that like to 100% everything would probably also complain due to the grind.

Hearts (and scouts) were originally added to the game because they found that the typical MMO player was quickly lost due to the lack of quests and clear direction. All zones were originally like Orr and Southsun when it came to hearts. For future zones/expansions, they may drop hearts altogether, but probably not, at least for major expansion zones.

I wasn’t talking about getting Exotics or Precursors or anything. I was thinking more along the lines of some T6 mats or something non game breaking. Hey, 2 birds with one stone, PvE content to do for those of us who are bored with the game, and a reliable way to farm T6 mats for those of us tired of paying real money for them.

Yay for win/win scenarios!

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Maybe limit the hearts to once an hour to avoid farming of easy ones. That way you could keep the rewards pretty much the same (minus the letter with extra coin), and it would still be less farm-able than some DEs, which pop every 20, 30min.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

pullnointer.1476

can we not go completely offtopic here?

Aeonblade.8709

Honestly we were thinking up ways to continue doing hearts after they were completed like you said. I don’t see how this is off topic :/

pullnointer.1476

Honestly we were thinking up ways to continue doing hearts after they were completed like you said. I don’t see how this is off topic :/

just…. let me. no complicated bs.