lets make anet some money to fix this game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

this game is broken and on a very fast and down hill struggle anyone who thinks differently is kidding them self the devs know it, colin knows it. i am a leader of a large guild of 200 players and a member of 4 other guild all ranging in size of 100-500 members and all the leaders have noticed a massive drop in players some guilds as bad as 200 members of stopped playing. but enough of that lets help anet fix this game

ways to make anet money while fixing the game with little to no effort from them

1. add to the gem store a 800 gem “memory pack” this will contain the bunny ears the sun glasses and the witches hat i myself would buy this even thos i own 2 out of 3 of them and my gf who has stopped playing the game said if u ever bring back bunny ears she would be the 1st to log in and buy so ur not just getting money from players but non players 2 win win

2. bring back SAB not only will this bring back casual players who just want a bit of fun every once in a while but just think of all those gem store items u could bring back into game ur not just getting players ur getting money

3. if its to hard for u anet to balance wvw servers let the players do it for them. remove all transfer fees other than the top 3 wvw servers for one month and then run a wvw tournament after with enough warning this would allow guild to fill up the top 5-6 servers and bring much needed numbers to wvw and why run a tournament after?. do this so the server who comes in dead last gets deleted and all players get a free transfer to the next 3 lowest servers. now u ask how will this make anet money? the shifting of all guilds and large numbers will always leave some slow people behind (casual players part time quitters so on) and at some point they will wants 2 get into wvw and to play with their friends/guild/numbers they will have to pay the new imposed fee making anet money and not just that allowing anet to close some of the dead servers which will save them alot of money anyhere between 100k-500k a month per server which they could then spend on the game

add any ideas bellow make sure to add what u would like to see and how it will make anet money/ save them money

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

no………………………..

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

why not at least give a reason

colin stated it will be at least till the end of the year before they do anything to wvw

the gem store is filled with worthless junk

and sab is sorely missed

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

While in general I do support any idea that keeps an eye on the economic side of things (anet is a company after all and they need to make money), I doubt any shortterm or one-time cash surges would change any design philosophies.

That being said, anet are more than capable of monetising their own game and they are doing so more heavily since HoT. No reason for the playerbase to go out of their way and do their job for them. On the contrary, that seems like it would be something that would keep people away instead of bring them back.

Posted by: HighGuy.2794

HighGuy.2794

Anet could fix this game by simply establishing an ongoing dialogue with their players, especially in regards to PvP balance, and actually listening to/discussing their suggestions. Their communication as it is now is a joke, no matter how many times Gaile posts to say “N-no, we all read the forums e-every day! Anet is t-totally listening!”

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

I do agree but unless their is a financial benefit to a change I do not see any reason at all why they would deviant from their current “plan” just to fix the glaring problems of this game. I am more than welcoming ideas defiantly ones that would address wvw server balance and bringing back fun activity’s like sab

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

True the last balance pass is not just a joke but I’ve started to see memes about anet becz of this complete lack of discussion such as “one punch man he much be the bi product of a anet balance patch” the fact their was no discussion at all and the balance was just dropped in the game was a shame at best. I would have suggested live streaming the changes a week before at least so people could make suggestion even if it delayed the patch which I dont think anyone would have cared about at that stage

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

I already gave them $50. I’m not going to give them more if I’m not happy with that investment.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Design by not even committee since a committee usually has some grounding in reality. Design by mob, take the least competent member divide by number of people involved equals the competency of the mob.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

No. Still waiting for them to fix the HoT content first. They are losing players because the HoT is bad and should not be rewarded for this with extra money.

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

It’s really simple, actually. If they want me to purchase from them again in the future, they need to produce content that’s worth the money. When they do, I’m willing to purchase cosmetics and silly things. If and as long as the content continues to suck, no money will be forthcoming. I don’t need to ‘help’ them fix their game, they need to help themselves. I’m not a charity and they already burned me with HoT, which was not worth the money I spent on it. For HoT I immediately pre-ordered ultimate, because I wanted to help them and I believed their product would be worth it. Looking at the game today, if I even consider buying their next expansion, it will be the cheapest option, and I am unlikely to pre-order. It’s on them to fix that.

P.S. I think I happen to be in one of those guilds you mention, although I don’t know you That guild is pretty much fully dead in GW2. RIP

Posted by: Vostroyan.9214

Vostroyan.9214

So in order for people to do better you need to pay more lol. It’s like a kid that brakes things and he wants to be rewarded for the negative effect of it, if you give him what he wants, he will keep doing it then. The point is, it’s up to them to do what they want to, since it’s there product.

As for doing charity behind a companies back its also very disrespect full. Think about if you where in charge of a game and people did this to you, and instead kept the money for them self.

Posted by: Ronorra.1530

Ronorra.1530

Just no, giving them more money with all these flaws and broken promises (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K2ZHhJQn0B8#t=2356) is about the worst thing I could do.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m curious about exactly what changes you would expect to see as a result of this extra cash, and why you believe a lack of money is currently the main or only barrier to those happening.

(And how long you expect to wait before we see any results, bearing in mind we’ve been told 1 Living World release takes 4 months to create.)

Anet employs something like 300 staff at any given time and based on NCSoft’s financial reports they don’t seem to be struggling for cash (we don’t have any direct information about Anet themselves because they’re a wholly owned subsidiary so their finances aren’t available to the public), so I’m not convinced a lack of money is what’s holding back development.

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that it’s a combination of factors. Such as:

1) Anet have different priorities to some players – what one person sees as a major bug/oversight/balance issue etc. someone else may not even notice. Look at how long it took them to offer the ability to separate deposit and compact in your inventory, and we were explicitly told that was a very quick and easy fix once someone decided to do it.

2) Development takes longer than many people appreciate. We were told during Season 1 that they couldn’t offer us choices on the outcomes of a storyline (at least not often) because it took 4 months for a team of people to develop each release. I doubt that was some kind of freak exception to the rule and everything else is quicker and easier. Based on other games I play their development times are fairly typical.

(And if you think that’s bad I was told today that it will take up to 6 weeks for someone at my work to replace the text on a single web page.)

3) It can take even longer to decide what to do. This is probably the most speculative item on my list, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Particularly when you’re talking about things like balance changes. They probably can make minor changes like increasing/decreasing cool-downs, adding more damage to skills etc. very quickly, but simply churning out changes ASAP in response to every flavour-of-the-month build or unpopular skill would just make the situation even more confusing because players wouldn’t have time to adjust, get used to popular builds and find ways to counter them using existing options and without proper testing and consideration the changes may end up doing more harm than good.

4) They need to be sure the changes they’re making are actually good ones. Take WvW for example. I see a lot of people demanding they ‘fix’ it, but other than bringing back the old maps and/or starting another tournament I see very few suggestions on what exactly they should do and even less agreement on the suggestions that are offered. (And I seem to remember just as much complaining when the old maps were available and even more during tournaments so I’m not convinced either of those is really a fix.)

If they go ahead with an idea and it turns out to be the “wrong” one it’s going to create even more backlash than if they did nothing. Look at what happened when they responded to players requests for traits to be more meaningful and for a mechanic like the skill captures from GW1 – they did exactly what players had asked for and made traits unlock as rewards for specific activities and people complained so much they had to change it back again.

More money might enable them to do things more quickly (might, I’m not convinced having a bunch of extra people doing my job would help because then we’d have to spend a lot more time coordinating who does what and tracking what’s been done and the amount of actual work getting done would probably be about the same), but simply doing things quickly isn’t always a good idea and I can’t see any guarantee at all that it would mean they’re suddenly making exactly the changes you personally want. They might make the changes I want instead, and then you’ll be even more upset. Or they might do something a 3rd person wants and neither of us is happy.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You argue from a faulty premise, OP. Or at least from a debatable one. You feel the game is going downhill or even outright broken. Some agree with you, some do not, but the problem you perceive may not actually exist. Then, hypothetically conceding you are right about this, your solution is “put in the things I personally want in game, and you’ll make bank.” Maybe other people don’t give a fig about those things and ANet is balancing the effort of doing them versus how many players will actually care and spend more money on the game as a result.

I agree that it’s baffling why they haven’t brought back the head items so many people want to buy and I do wish they’d explain the reasoning there. Technical issues? The artist who designed them managed to get rights to them and left? Marketing reasons with wanting “shelf space” to go to newer things? But a one time surge in gem purchases (if people even spend actual cash instead of gold to get the gems for the bunny ears) might be a little band-aid fix rather than a “solution.”

Plus money isn’t the sole reason for design decisions for the game. GW2 is quite successful. I know they do have resource limitations, they do have to focus on some projects and leave others on the future table, but a sudden influx of income isn’t magically going to fix the things you consider to be broken.

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

There’s no better way to insure quality than giving money to people who have already taken your money and disappointed you. Logic, move over, people gots money got burn.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It may be a bit off topic but I find it kind of fascinating that people think money (or more money) can solve any problem.

I work in wildlife conservation in real life and I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “Well if X is a problem why aren’t you fundraising for it?” and I find myself wishing it was that simple. If simply having the money meant you’ve solved the problem then a lot of the worlds problems could be solved today, and many of the rest would follow quickly.

But sadly the truth is often having the money just means you can start to look at what is actually causing the problem and which solutions might work. Then you have to put it into practice and monitor the results and keep tweaking it, and hope nothing comes along to change the situation in the meantime.

Obviously developing GW2 is a whole different set of problems, and the timeline usually isn’t quite so long (in ecology you usually have to wait at least a year to see any changes) but I imagine the process is quite similar in some ways. Sure they could hire a team of people and tell them to fix WvW, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to be able to start working on a fix immediately and shove it out the door next month.

Hey, for all we know the profits from the August sale, or new items at Halloween and Christmas, or HoT itself, went towards exactly the fixes the OP wants, but because the work isn’t completed as soon as the money becomes available no one bothers to connect the dots and realise it’s happened.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: LordSaa.8357

LordSaa.8357

Like some people have mentioned in here that we may see other things a major flaws and others dont. Also items wich can be bough from a store for a gems should never benefit so it would change a game experience to ‘’pay to win’‘, but pure cosmetic purpose they are cool. ( i admit there is at least two things i would possible to bough for a cosmetic purpose already if a game experience is good enough).
I also was kind of looking that you can change gold for a gems wich is infinity in a game if just willing to get it.
If asking from me personally what i dont see pretty well done in this game is a diversity of a classes in a higher end gaming. I still prefer old ’’trinity’’ of class roles and you see them even in a guild wars 2 you liked it or not. Even all classes can heal, support and be somewhat tanky and do damage. Gameplay stacking in a certain corner and whack a boss or exploits its not interesting at all. These is a reasons i left a game long time ago, and hopefully these in my mind will have been fixed or will be fixed soon as possible. What i have read from a forums and other people comments. I may have understood some of them wrong, but feel free mature enough to give a constructive talking about this also.

Positives would be:
- All classes no matter wich specialization you have choosed should be able to play without being a underdog. I take excample a guardian and i wanna be a tanky looking, use 1hand and shield, and choosed by a stats wich game offers and have that ‘’playing content’’ avaitable, and not contrary feel that some cloth wearer dps spec can do that thing better because a playing enviroment is build up being somewhat ’’flat’’ and average and they can stack and benefit by boons a party more in a ’’encounters’’.
(so fixing up a stacking by benefiting boons needs a rework because a game itself should be open for all classes right ? Not a hype of one new class wich i dont personally never understood same goes in a other games like world of warcraft.. demonhunters ? phew give me a break… ) A best class diversity i have seen is in a RIFT so far. Mage,Rogue can tank, a warrior can go for a support, ranged dps and so on.
- Even some encounters would be require a dodge type of a class to being ’’sponge’’, but that there is enough higher end content in a PVE/PVP where all classes wich are avaitable has they chance to be ’’chosen’’ to in they specific roles.
(yes there is this holy trinity’’ about a class roles in this game a people liked it or not otherwise it should does not matter wich ’’class’’ you have created and have same opportunity…dmg,boons, ability to take damage, speed or even CC would be totally even between all… and if a person has decided to play mage, mesmer or guardian ..whatever.. it should be only a cosmetic difference… right ?)
- a stacking a benefiting boons will be balanced out, and no perma stuff so make it harder to stack things up.

Negatives:
- At a moment certain classes are ’’forced’’ only in certain aspects of a game or either of them while a playing style of them doesnt ’’fit’’ is a fast and flat forwarded gaming style.
- Another to class diversity again, none feels more annoying that see in a after playing that a class wich has choices to be one of those mentioned way to play, but are only like forced to whack around 2handed hammer to able to benefit at a game content.
-

I have not play it a newest expansion yet, so i cannot say about what wrong on it wich people are talking about. Anyway keep this short so it wont take a whole thread ..heh. Anyway only mentioned one reason in here kind of…
Guild wars 2 offers fair nice storylines, graphics are okay, a world immersion is okay for a fantasy world, there is enough extra things to attract to do either is it mining, gathering herbs, points of interests and other things wich are all over a areas, but then i dont wanna get ’’rejected’’ from a playing content like dungeons/raids just because i havent focus on a specific specialization wich classi have choosed to play in a game wich says offer a ’’freedom’’ of choice of a classes. (players themselves says like this there is not trinity of a like old school games).
PS. i like oldschool games, and certain type of restrictions in a games so game doesnt feel like a ‘’sandbox game’’.

(edited by LordSaa.8357)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Anet could fix this game by simply establishing an ongoing dialogue with their players, especially in regards to PvP balance, and actually listening to/discussing their suggestions. Their communication as it is now is a joke, no matter how many times Gaile posts to say “N-no, we all read the forums e-every day! Anet is t-totally listening!”

Cuz every aspect of their development is strict NDA by gunpoint. =((

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ve given Anet more than enough of my $ at this point. They’ve had more than enough to properly fix things.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Mr Vivi Ornitier.4271

I agree completely that they have enough money to fix these problems but they dont the bunny ears idea I stole from a post with over 1k upvotes and was posted years ago and their was not even a single response to that from the devs. No support for wvw for 3 years leaves me to believe that they wont ever change these problems unless they get something out of it. Becz at this rate in a cupple of months time we will get an out of the blue balance pass with no thought put in still nothing for wvw and no real pve changes and the gem store full with more stuff that people dont want

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Well, what they get out of fixing things is people’s continued custom. That should be enough of an incentive. If it isn’t then I don’t know why we should stick around, let alone reward them with more money.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Problem is: “been there done that and it didn’t work”

for the 1st year and a half of this game i was an officer / co-leader of a very large wvw guild. we were a pvx guild focused on wvw encompassing everything from wvw only players to wvw casuals, some spvp and everything in-between. but we always, always stayed focused on wvw.

we PVEd in order to get stuff for wvw and to explore and have some occasional fun other then wvw. we ground guild missions in order to get stuff for wvw. we farmed gold / stuff to sell for gold, in order to buy resources, to support our wvw play.

vast, and I do mean VAST majority of us were paying customers, meaning we purchased gems. we often used to run in costumes or town clothes, often just purchased gems to trade for gold > sup siege, hell, i even know an old lady that used to religiously buy chest keys, so that a-net would have money to do stuff for wvw, and she never got anything useful out of them, thousands of useless boosters to the 3 toons she played.

i personally, PERSONALLY treated this game as a “sub” game since thats the sort of MMORPGs i came from, meaning i basically bought average of $15/per month worth of gems. i thought that was very fair for me using the servers etc.

so with all the money that WE paid, this is what a-net did:

1. screwed us over with catering to t1 whiners and implimenting EOTM to lessen their que times instead of adressing the population issues to balance the servers so t1 would not become so overloaded and thus eotm not needed in 1st place.

2. implimented very poorly executed and useless scripted pve stuff where only “zerker tagging” mattered, and to large extent, still do to this day.

3. ignored the actual game mode and its core issues, while providing extra fluffy fluff (wvw masteries etc.) which are utterly useless everywhere else, especially on content necessary to farm in order to support wvw.

4. no actual wvw development for wvw players: arenas too small for practical use, desert BL map too convoluted for fights, tactics, and on top of that they threw jumping puzzle elements into it. seriously.

5. never bothered to fix balance, the whole game balance is made for 5v5 tourneys which simply does not apply here.

i could go on and on. the guild is long gone, vast majority of its members quit the game entirely, few of us that are still here are all on different servers now, even the small guilds which we scattered to are gone now as well due to the whole grind-hall situation and how useless they have become. etc. etc. and it all has to do exactly and precisely with that: mainly, a-net not spending the money on things which we gave it to them for.

and your idea is to give them more money so that they again not spend it on what we give it to them for ?

how about just NO

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

no………………………..

I have given Anet far more money than I spend in a single year of a 15$ per Month Sub MMO.

they should sure have the resources to do something by now…

we still dont even have Build Save feature.

Vieux P.1238

no………………………..

I have given Anet far more money than I spend in a single year of a 15$ per Month Sub MMO.

they should sure have the resources to do something by now…

we still dont even have Build Save feature.

Your not the only one who has invested time & $$$. It’s useless, when they miss manage & poor decision making are made with money you throw in. Esport ring a bell?

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I would buy the ability to just never level up anything again.
Full ascended when I hit 80 + starting level 80 + a unicorn.

Yes, the unicorn is mandatory for me to purchase. $250.

Bonus: for $100 you get random legendary for the class in question.

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I do wanna say though, that would be a hardcore WvW tournament. Whoever comes in last will have their world destroyed and have to move to a new world. Talk about motivation, well, if you like your server that is.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I blame little league baseball for this mindset.

“Don’t worry kids! even though you lost, here’s a trophy anyway! You get rewarded for failing!”

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

When ANet deliver something I want to spend money on, I will. But first I want to see what they are going to change, as HoT was not worth the money for me personally.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

we’ll have a go fund me for SAB devolpment

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

LOL, me and a number of friends and many in our guild never missed a step and are still playing, happily so.

Just because you and your friends/guild mates hate something, doesn’t mean everyone does.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There is no universe where a sudden surge of income — regardless of source — is going to do anything except be treated as validation of the very choices you’re trying to see reversed. That’s not even some sort of malicious spin, that’s just basic corporate functionality and mindset.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I have better ideas… Blow up professions and rebuild them. Update wvw. Stop offering junk on the bltc. Make xpacs worthy of our money.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

this game is broken and on a very fast and down hill struggle anyone who thinks differently is kidding them self the devs know it, colin knows it.

When you start off your post like that, it makes me feel there’s only ranting to follow and nothing constructive. I know that’s not your intent (since I did read the post). Next time, please consider just offering your suggestion without the editorialization.

(Especially since plenty of folks who would argue that the existence of bugs and issues with reward|timer mechanics doesn’t mean “broken”. And even if the entire community agreed, that doesn’t mean that anyone at ANet does — there are plenty of examples out there of corporations completely clueless about how their customers view them.)

tl;dr stick to the point.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

you stop spending money op. that’s how you let a company know you are interested in their current direction.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Apparently, solutions to bringing back the player base to this broken game lie within the infinite power of cosmetic bunny ears and a jumping puzzle

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: LordSaa.8357

LordSaa.8357

you stop spending money op. that’s how you let a company know you are interested in their current direction.

Dont forget to mention a contsructive feedback wich would help a lots of devs even to think about if it makes sense or are in a sameline like most of a playerbase are ’’requesting’’ for. They may do a change depends on what is asked.

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

This is the complete opposite to what needs to be done OP. Spending money is rewarding them. They already got their huge cash surge from HoT and should be plenty to keep them afloat.

I bought HoT, and as much as I enjoy the new areas, I/we still have not received a bunch of already promised content that was suposed to be there launch. We have one Raid Wing, not Three, The majority of PvE difficulty is organizing a group; not the content its self, PvP scene is still a total mess, We know about as much as the WvW relaunch that they started over a year ago as we do now, Still no legendary armor; not even precursors yet, hell you can’t even finish the legendary fractal backpacks still … I could go on for about another 4 paragraphs but i’ll save us all the trouble:

The only thing that is being pushed out the door is cash items skins biweekly. Yet people like you continue to gobble it up and spend more. More money isnt going to fix the problem, eventually anet will over reach kitten enough people off and GW2 will close because of it. They are being greedy and not delivering fixes.

TLDR;Vote with you wallet by saying no, I am not happy. Eventually someone will get message, hopefully anet does before someone else picks up a large majority of their unhappy base.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

How about we wait to see what they will offer to the players leaving, to encourage them to come back and play, especially the wvw players. No more blind faith and handing over money to support their dumb design decisions (eg guildhall war room), a lot of players already did that just blindly pre-purchasing the expansion and got burnt badly, we need to fork over more money to encourage them to fix the mess they’ve created? Players leaving every day and posting hundreds of complaints about the game should be motivation enough to get fixes and changes done now.

They want to sit on wvw problems for another 6-12 months after 3 years of ignoring it, that’s their problem, don’t be surprised if a lot of those players don’t return. Free transfers to merge wvw populations should have been done more than a year ago.

As someone else put it, I paid Anet $67 to make me fall out of love for wvw and quit GW2. GG, QQ, good luck repairing that damage.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

we’ll have a go fund me for SAB devolpment

Maybe they need to start a SAB kickstarters.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

They can make their money the old fashioned way.

They can earn it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Vieux P.1238

They can make their money the old fashioned way.

They can earn it.

I kinda 100% agree. This Expansion bin a farce. I could describe why, but i rather post one of my fav vids to do so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezVy-zLUq6g

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Just be glad that GW2 hasn’t gone the way of NCsoft’s other MMOs Tabula Rasa and City of Heros/Villains yet.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Haha no, I’ve put over a few grand into this games WvW support and character building.

Not buying any more character slots until Elites are account bound and not buying anything at all until the money I put into this game starts seeing some WvW development.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Employee reviews show they haven’t ever expanded their staff since initial launch.

They haven’t fixed competitive PvP or WvWs laughably one sided win condition, and in the case of PvP, refuse to even acknowledge it.

They’ve chosen to make the exact trinity content they claimed GW2 would never have at its launch, instead of simply fixing the break between the games build and active combat systems, solely because fixing it would take more work than they are willing to put in.

They’ve chosen to expand the build system with a time gated top gear tier requiring massive investment of playtime and account resources. Because such mindless filler content is an easy way to keep players around, and, once again, it’s too much work to make content for players to play through.

And finally, they released an expansion smaller than most DLC I’ve ever seen, and did so at nearly the full price of the original game.

The question we should be asking ourselves at this point, is not how we can support them, it’s what the bleeding hell they have done with the three years of support we’ve given them?!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

Employee reviews show they haven’t ever expanded their staff since initial launch.

They haven’t fixed competitive PvP or WvWs laughably one sided win condition, and in the case of PvP, refuse to even acknowledge it.

They’ve chosen to make the exact trinity content they claimed GW2 would never have at its launch, instead of simply fixing the break between the games build and active combat systems, solely because fixing it would take more work than they are willing to put in.

They’ve chosen to expand the build system with a time gated top gear tier requiring massive investment of playtime and account resources. Because such mindless filler content is an easy way to keep players around, and, once again, it’s too much work to make content for players to play through.

And finally, they released an expansion smaller than most DLC I’ve ever seen, and did so at nearly the full price of the original game.

The question we should be asking ourselves at this point, is not how we can support them, it’s what the bleeding hell they have done with the three years of support we’ve given them?!

I sign this. Its what I thought the day HoT went into sales and i saw the prices. When i posted about my thoughts back in that time people didnt want to believe and posted that it would be too early to judge… There they got it now.

I dont make any thoughts that arenanet needs more money and will change anything if they get more cash. Cause they already have cash.

Everyone can openly access the quartely reports on ncsoft website. Check the reports and conference calls and you will understand the more you buy from the gemstore the more its likely that everything stays like it is. More money is an acknowledgement for the management that everything is working and ok.

let me entertain you

Vieux P.1238

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Dadefyl.1908

Dadefyl.1908

I don’t see why we should spend money on something that we have no idea what it might be?

I have spent a lot of money in this game but that has stopped now until they can give a list or at least a hint of what they plan to do with the money (like other crowdfunded projects).

Why all the secrecy? It must be OK to say that we are planning a WvW review or class-balance is in the works, for instance? If they did that I would happily pitch in if I thought the plan was OK, but I fail to see any information.

The only thing I am sure of is that new gemstore items will arrive and I will not spend money just to spend more money. I want some actual playable content as well.

Maybe I am not looking hard ehough though…I dunno.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

That’s not how buying things works! Paying full price for a game and then dropping money into it to make it better is like buying a beat up broken car for new car price and then having to pay to repair it.
People buyou products they believe are good. It’s the companies job to make the product worth buying in the first place.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.