HoT and GW2 are worth it imho

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vocrixis.5632

vocrixis.5632

Look the expansion first of all is worth the $50 and the vet or current players are not getting robbed. So here is my story, then you can kitten your heart out.

GW2 when it first released was the first game i bought deluxe edition of. I played for about a year. I just came back to the game 3 weeks ago, had to buy the game again because i couldnt remember my log in info, Anet couldnt help me retrieve my stuff via email. So i paid $40 USD, i have a nicely geared warrior lvl 80,a ton of mats including dust and dragonite. So much that i dont have space for it.

Now the expansion pre purchase just got released, $50 + includes the core, ugh you say!!! Well not me, sure i would of saved $$ if i waited, however i have made a lot of progress in 3 weeks and glad it happened that way. I will buy the expansion on release. So lets go over how much i spent,
$80 delux, account non retrievable
$40 core game again
$100 pre purchase hot

$240 total just on copies of the game. On my non retrievable account i spent around $60 in gems.

As of right now i need more gems to expand my bank, expand material storage, and i really want the infinite mining and logging picks.

My only gripe!!! Is paying for bank storage and material storage, now that is something to kitten about! When its a pay to own game, yet still need or feel obligated to get more space that no one should have to pay for like a F2P game module….

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Look the expansion first of all is worth the $50

Why?

What have they announced that makes it worth $50?

They’ve made a lot of promises, but right now, until they actually lay out what we are getting, you’re gambling on hype and vague promises.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You know, I spent a lot of money during Guild Wars heyday buying multiple accounts because there was no option to purchase additional character slots. The option to purchase additional character slots was not added until 15 months after release. The only way to add character slots to your ‘main’ account was to purchase another campaign and ‘give up’ some of the slots allocated with said campaign and add the two remaining slots to your ‘main’ account.

We are fortunate we no longer have to do that; we can even obtain additional character slots by merely exchanging in-game Gold for Gems!

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

You know, I spent a lot of money during Guild Wars heyday buying multiple accounts because there was no option to purchase additional character slots. The option to purchase additional character slots was not added until 15 months after release. The only way to add character slots to your ‘main’ account was to purchase another campaign and ‘give up’ some of the slots allocated with said campaign and add the two remaining slots to your ‘main’ account.

We are fortunate we no longer have to do that; we can even obtain additional character slots by merely exchanging in-game Gold for Gems!

yes, but that does not negate the fact that the Rev is a bait and switch tactic to get ppl to buy more gems. Unless you want to spend 74.99 out the gate….

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, I wish to spend $99.99 out of the gate. I feel ArenaNet deserves my support for the 5000 hours (plus 7000 hours previously) of entertainment they have provided.

I don’t feel it was a ‘bait-and-switch’ tactic, but I also do not care to debate it on the forums. If you feel it was, that is your business, and none of mine.

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

Thread title is baiting.

Look the expansion first of all is worth the $50 and the vet or current players are not getting robbed.

Nice empty claims. Do you have any evidence that it’s “worth the $50”? No, of course you don’t.

Knowing the content of the core game which is (rather, was) worth $50, and comparing it to the content revealed for HoT, I can say it is most definitely not worth $50. More around $25-$30.

Current players aren’t getting robbed?
Tell that to my missing $50 I spent on a $0 game. We pay $100, new players pay $50 for the same content. Yeah, totally fair. /s

I don’t feel it was a ‘bait-and-switch’ tactic, but I also do not care to debate it on the forums. If you feel it was, that is your business, and none of mine.

Hate to burst your bubble, but we have the evidence that they lied and pulled a bait & switch with their FAQ. Even newer players bought GW2 in anticipation for HoT, rightly believing they would need it to play HoT (as per the FAQ that was later changed obscurely).
You’re welcome to believe it never happened, but don’t go around pretending your opinion is fact. Denial gets you nowhere, and it’s intellectually dishonest.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

(edited by Blackworm.2167)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I spent £40 on jurassic world lego and was done in a weekend (an enjoyable one mind you)

The same money spent on HoT will get me months of play every day just based on what is revealed so far.

It is what the game is worth to you. To me it is well over and above enough content, but for people to outright claim it is or def isnt, are just talking nonsense. Its value to each person will vary. You are entitled to believe what you wish and spend your money how you choose.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Thread title is baiting.

Look the expansion first of all is worth the $50 and the vet or current players are not getting robbed.

Nice empty claims. Do you have any evidence that it’s “worth the $50”? No, of course you don’t.

Knowing the content of the core game which is (rather, was) worth $50, and comparing it to the content revealed for HoT, I can say it is most definitely not worth $50. More around $25-$30.

Current players aren’t getting robbed?
Tell that to my missing $50 I spent on a $0 game. We pay $100, new players pay $50 for the same content. Yeah, totally fair. /s

Hate to burst your bubble, but we have the evidence that they lied and pulled a bait & switch with their FAQ. Even newer players bought GW2 in anticipation for HoT, rightly believing they would need it to play HoT (as per the FAQ that was later changed obscurely).
You’re welcome to believe it never happened, but don’t go around pretending your opinion is fact. Denial gets you nowhere, and it’s intellectually dishonest.

He specifically didn’t say his opinion was fact. He said it was his opinion. Not sure why you read it differently

Posted by: vocrixis.5632

vocrixis.5632

Mashmash you do not need evidence to tell if something is worth $50, it is my opinion. I believe it is worth the $50, if you do not then that is your problem. Guess what though, you will still buy it and put 100’s of more hours into the game from it.

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

i preordered it , because i think even for me as a very casual player its worth
the money.
i had like 3 gw1 accounts in the old days, and on all 3 all expensions.

I can relate to people finding the price to high, by i think its fine the way it is.
We will see if the content warrents it, when it comes out 8-)

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Look the expansion first of all is worth the $50

Why?

What have they announced that makes it worth $50?

They’ve made a lot of promises, but right now, until they actually lay out what we are getting, you’re gambling on hype and vague promises.

This.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

…you do not need evidence to tell if something is…

Yes you do.

Guess what though, you will still buy it and put 100’s of more hours into the game from it.

Are you MashMash.1645? Because your username is spelled “vocrixis.5632”. I think you are not MashMash, so why are you speaking for him?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

gold to gems is not some magic, you are basically selling your service to players for below minimum wage,
unless you make like 120 gold an hour, some people do, but most do not.