looking to come back after /q due to bots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jonnara.9182

Jonnara.9182

Has the botting stopped by now? or is there still teams of rangers with random names teleporting and running set path still?

Jonnara.9182

13 views with no reply, I take that as a yes than.

Thank you. Bye bye.

Posted by: Deadly Spirit Guy.4769

Deadly Spirit Guy.4769

People aren’t really worried about bots right now considering the chaos the patch has caused. To answer your question, no, bots are rarely seen.

“A question I seem to be constantly asking myself about
ArenaNets decisions is ‘Who thought this was a good idea?.” ~Distaste
Deadly Sadomagi Guy – 80

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

13 views with no reply, I take that as a yes than.

Thank you. Bye bye.

Bye bye.

On topic, I haven’t noticed a bot in months. Although bot’s are more human like these days. With randomized movement etc. So you have to follow X player for some time to see if they bot or not.

As for you’r question about 4 rangers running around in a group no, they are gone.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I don’t get why people hate bots lol. I only see them as a benefit to me. They farm materials and drive down prices to an affordable level. Thats the only effect I see from them.

That said, I don’t see bots much anymore. I see some that “might be”, but no clear obvious ones. So either the bots go better or they got banned.

Jonnara.9182

Thanks guys for answers.

@Sostronk, there were a problem before when teams of 6-20 of them all killing mobs you need to finish quest.

I sent in game tickets with screen cap of a time i saw 12 of them all rangers following each other in the same pattern but a week later there still there so i quit the game.

If they are gone now I’ll come back and try this game out again.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Thanks guys for answers.

@Sostronk, there were a problem before when teams of 6-20 of them all killing mobs you need to finish quest.

I sent in game tickets with screen cap of a time i saw 12 of them all rangers following each other in the same pattern but a week later there still there so i quit the game.

If they are gone now I’ll come back and try this game out again.

Don’t bother. Imagine a game where you have to join the largest of large guilds just to get access to game content and gear.

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

I see bots all the time. I report them if they exist long enough before they vanish. If I just see their names, I add them to my friendslist and watch them port around the world.

Yes, bots are still rampant. Yes, they are mining a lot.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I ran across 5 bots farming Jotun in one of the mid-level Shiverpeaks maps yesterday. I reported them. A few days prior I saw a few bots in a similar but lower-level area.

The really weird one was last week. A dude with no armor on popped up INSIDE an ore node, did his thing, then disappeared. A few seconds later, he popped up in another node that was way too far away to be explained by lag and conventional travel, even with teleports and swiftness. He promptly disappeared after gathering. So bots now seem to be using a teleport hack. Terrific, huh? He was never around long enough for me to select and report him.

@Sostronk the other issue with bots is that they support the gold-selling trade. And while that’s just capitalism and I’m not a terms of use policeman, I would like the game to be as free from that garbage as possible.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Has the botting stopped by now? or is there still teams of rangers with random names teleporting and running set path still?

No, there are still bots. They aren’t groups of rangers anymore; they are characters blinking from resource node to resource node harvesting what they need in a split second. So, if that would be less annoying to you, then you can come back. If not, well, there are lots of other games out there. lol

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

If you witness suspected behaviour in game that could be violations of the in-game Rules of Conduct, please do not post these reports on the forum, as we’ll have to remove them. Any in-game misbehaviour should be reported via the in-game report tool or through the ticketing system to our Customer Support Team with all required details such as screenshots, videos etc…

The rules in the WvW section also apply to this section.

For that reason, this thread is closed.