lots of friends, can't play with them all.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

Because they are either on US or EU and are behind a $30 pay wall. Looking back over the last 3 years I have server transfered at least 4 times to play with a friend who had became active, or a new friend, and it just happened again tonight with my brother.

We planned to start new characters together, and tonight we meet on skype, chat as we create our characters and then BAM, he is on the wrong server, him being on US and me being on EU. I have the money, but i refuse to move again based on the principle of it. There is an expansion just around the corner, i would much rather save my money for that. But then, how can I play with my brother, or my friends? Someone has to bite the bullet. This just doesn’t seem fair to me at all.

It’s made even worse when the price for server transfer is 1800 gems. But I can only buy 800, 1600, or 3500 gems? I mean really? Tell me why I have to buy more gems than I need.

This is not “hate speech”, as a moderator had stated and locked my thread the last time this happened.

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Looks like you have a bit of lack of communication with your friends.
When they are too spread across the world you need to get all the info before doing anything.

Also that issue only happens if players are in NA and EU severs, if both are in the same area doesn’t matter witch server you pick, unless you plan to do WvW.

Among all that, why you are the one that need to keep transferring? Ask your friend to transfer to your server.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Drakortha.6974

When they are too spread across the world you need to get all the info before doing anything.

Also that issue only happens if players are in NA and EU severs, if both are in the same area doesn’t matter witch server you pick, unless you plan to do WvW.

Among all that, why you are the one that need to keep transferring? Ask your friend to transfer to your server.

The game has been out for 3 years, my friends are already playing the game and have already picked servers. How am I supposed to communicate anything, when it’s already a 50% chance they’ll be on EU or US?

My point is I can’t play with my friends and I won’t be able to unless one of us coughs up $30. This to me just doesn’t make any sense.

What is the excuse for not having a guest feature between EU and US?

It’s a game that encourages teamwork and playing together, having friends and having community. It makes no sense that they’d make it this tough to be able to go around and play with all of your friends.

My brother proposed I just buy another copy of the game for $40 and just have one account for EU and another for US… in the long term it’s cheaper. What a joke..

(edited by Drakortha.6974)

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

It would definitely be nice to be able to move regions or at least have a shared region. Transferring back and forth from NA to EU, shouldn’t be such an obstacle.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Belzebu.3912

The thing about have to pay to transfer server is because the WvW.
When the transfers was free, people just moved to the “best” servers and devastate the others there, now with megaserver it is less of a problem.

Also, if you are new to the game you can delete all your characters and pick another server for free.

Posted by: Elvirais.5472

Elvirais.5472

I’m assuming the NA / EU server split has to do with latency issues as well?

I play Guild Wars for WvWvW – Piken Square !
Marush Ifri, Noreena Gorun, Arsaname, Desra Ele…

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

The thing about have to pay to transfer server is because the WvW.
When the transfers was free, people just moved to the “best” servers and devastate the others there, now with megaserver it is less of a problem.

Also, if you are new to the game you can delete all your characters and pick another server for free.

They are talking about region transfers (or guesting) to NA from EU or vice versa.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Drakortha.6974

At least we have that. Doesn’t work so well if both parties have fully geared characters though.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

The way the game stores account data makes it impossible for you to guest from NA to EU, or vice versa. It’s been said numerous times since launch. Try and find the dev posts, if you’re interested.

Belzebu.3912

stuff

They are talking about region transfers (or guesting) to NA from EU or vice versa.

I know, I was explaining why the pay wall exist.

At least we have that. Doesn’t work so well if both parties have fully geared characters though.

Yup, that is why I said “if” ;D

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

This is the main reason I have two accounts.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t get why you transfered 4 times.

Before january 28th it was free to transfer, after january 28th you could guest on other server of the same region. Why on earth did you transfer 4 times kitten and do you have friends in Europe and North America? Did you immigrate somewhere from one continent to the other? That’s a really weird situation.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Because they are either on US or EU and are behind a $30 pay wall. Looking back over the last 3 years I have server transfered at least 4 times to play with a friend who had became active, or a new friend, and it just happened again tonight with my brother.

We planned to start new characters together, and tonight we meet on skype, chat as we create our characters and then BAM, he is on the wrong server, him being on US and me being on EU. I have the money, but i refuse to move again based on the principle of it. There is an expansion just around the corner, i would much rather save my money for that. But then, how can I play with my brother, or my friends? Someone has to bite the bullet. This just doesn’t seem fair to me at all.

It’s made even worse when the price for server transfer is 1800 gems. But I can only buy 800, 1600, or 3500 gems? I mean really? Tell me why I have to buy more gems than I need.

This is not “hate speech”, as a moderator had stated and locked my thread the last time this happened.

• Buy 1600 with cash
  • Buy 200 with gold
  • ????
  • Profit

It really isnt that hard to do something like transfer servers. The only thing making this hard is your insistence on buying EXACTLY 1800 gems with cash. Either farm some gold to pay for 200 gems or a few hundred gold to pay for the full 1800 gems. Neither are hard.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

a few weeks ago GW2 was 9.99 .. next time it happen buy another account to play with your friends on the correct world.

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

The game has been out for 3 years, my friends are already playing the game and have already picked servers. How am I supposed to communicate anything, when it’s already a 50% chance they’ll be on EU or US?

My point is I can’t play with my friends and I won’t be able to unless one of us coughs up $30. This to me just doesn’t make any sense.

What is the excuse for not having a guest feature between EU and US?

It’s a game that encourages teamwork and playing together, having friends and having community. It makes no sense that they’d make it this tough to be able to go around and play with all of your friends.

My brother proposed I just buy another copy of the game for $40 and just have one account for EU and another for US… in the long term it’s cheaper. What a joke..

It’s simple. Sit together with your friends and brother and all pick a server (the same server or at the very least the same region). Problem solved.

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

instead of transferring 4 times you should probably give them to your friends so they can transfer to your server lul