lots of mess, little communication

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

While we can all agree gw2 has some really great elements, I think most of us can see a lot of “messes” around the game…

Wvw mess…

Spvp mess…

Raid mess…

Guild mess…

Scribe mess….

Economy mess…

Ascended crafting changes mess…

An expansion should make a game feel “fuller” and more “rich”, but many things kind of feel duct taped on and more of a mess…

I honestly suggest that some strong communication take place soon considering there does not need to be any real superultraclassified secrets anymore… It’s not like we need to keep wvw stuff a complete secret because we already know more is coming… We have a raid so it’s not like they have to hide all things raid… It’s not like we didn’t know the economy wouldn’t get shaken up… It’s not like we didn’t know they were going to change ascended crafting.. Err wait, scratch that last one

I get that we can’t get promises, but at least players could gain a better sense of where things are going, what specific areas are being addressed, things being worked on that are 100% going in or some options being thought about at least…

Something? Anything? Maybe???

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure most of us can see anything, or agree on anything. I agree there needs to be more and better communication earlier though.

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Good Luck

/15 char

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

hey you for got pve mess too and do not think it will ever be fixed

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Could you perhaps list out exactly what you feel is a “mess” and why rather than there be yet another thread claiming there’s a problem without being constructive?

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Don’t mistake someone being disgruntled for there being a legitimate complaint.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

As far as communication goes, don’t expect anything. From what I’ve been able to piece together Anet Employees have to complete training to even post, and even then aren’t allowed to talk about certain things. Any communication they do is in their own time.

Given all that I would be discouraged to communicate too. Here lies the rub though. Anet DOES read the forums. But because interacting with the public is so discouraged, developers end up not asking questions to dig deeper into what people think/want/think they want.

As a result you get things that were requested but not in the way people wanted it, because developers lack the context to make what was needed. You only have to look at the new Borderland map to see that at work.

TL;DR: Anet’s communication policy of just listening without questioning leads to misinterpretation of what players want.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

They do not care, they got HoT box money and if people leave; no big deal to them. Infact that is a good thing, less server costs! Win win for them.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

They do not care, they got HoT box money and if people leave; no big deal to them. Infact that is a good thing, less server costs! Win win for them.

This is pretty stupid… If it where this case their marketing would be a totally bad.

First of all, I don’t think most of their money comes from box sales but from gem shop. Second, if they thought that just ignoring community after box sales just becouse they earned enough money on the sales then they would be ignoring potential new players coming to the game (buying more boxes and more gems). So rumor of bad communications is spreading on the internet and may destroy sales and thus in the end make Anet loose more money than they earned. A bussiness is about growing and get bigger income not just to stop when you have reached a specific numbers.

I agree that communications has been bad the last few weeks but I bet the reaseon is not becouse they don’t care.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The devs do care, but something severely wrong is happening around headquarters. I don’t know.

What I do know is this… There are many great elements to gw2, but for all those great elements, it feels like pieces of a product instead of a whole product… Kinda like putting together a puzzle and having missing pieces… That’s the overwhelming feeling when I play…

I have never felt like that at all in any game that I’ve ever played. When we were told we would get X, we got X. Not pieces of an X. Sure, all big patches and xpacs have issues, but not to this degree… A 3 boss ultra mini raid and not even a legendary gear preview?… A year into some super secret wvw project, but they just decide to throw in a map NOW for no real reason that I can see… Spvp and esports- Are we seriously still at a point where matchmaking and points can’t be figured out? I mean league stuff is going on but profession balance, matchmaking and ranking systems are still all craycray…

Idk.. But again, something or somethings are severely going wrong… I think it’s time that we all open up some serious communication channels around here…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Whenever I try to think of the closest analogy to what HoT turned out to be, I keep coming back to this:

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Homer

Instead of sticking to what works, there are so many “new features” that are either currently broken (stronghold), poorly implemented (leg. collections – event fail req.) or unwanted (WvW maps).

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

Good luck getting a reply on this issue they only seem to reply to players with a shiny tag that says [Apex] or [DnT].

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

While we can all agree gw2 has some really great elements, I think most of us can see a lot of “messes” around the game…

Wvw mess…

Spvp mess…

Raid mess…

Guild mess…

Scribe mess….

Economy mess…

An expansion should make a game feel “fuller” and more “rich”, but many things kind of feel duct taped on and more of a mess…

I honestly suggest that some strong communication take place soon considering there does not need to be any real superultraclassified secrets anymore… It’s not like we need to keep wvw stuff a complete secret because we already know more is coming… We have a raid so it’s not like they have to hide all things raid… It’s not like we didn’t know the economy wouldn’t get shaken up… It’s not like we didn’t know they were going to change ascended crafting.. Err wait, scratch that last one

I get that we can’t get promises, but at least players could gain a better sense of where things are going, what specific areas are being addressed, things being worked on that are 100% going in or some options being thought about at least…

Dungeon mess…
HoT mess…
Legendary crafting mess…
Fractal mess…
and on.. and on … neverends.

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Love when Anet closes other threads without giving a reason why. So hard to hear the truth? is that it?

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

With the mess going around in every part of the game, it’s getting stressful.
Chill, relax, take a break from the game, grab some eggnog and have a cupcake!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3wak1v/cupcake_day_at_arenanet/

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Haha another reddit post on Anet (un)official forum. I see now why Anet prefer reddit for communicate. Hope they like the cake. Maybe if official forum member send Anet cake we can get more post here.

Yes Anet we know love reddit. That is problem here. How can we make you love official forum to?

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Wvw mess…

Spvp mess…

Raid mess…

Guild mess…

Scribe mess….

Economy mess…

would you say that…

GW2 is like… a big.. HoT mess?

kek

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Haha another reddit post on Anet (un)official forum. I see now why Anet prefer reddit for communicate. Hope they like the cake. Maybe if official forum member send Anet cake we can get more post here.

Yes Anet we know love reddit. That is problem here. How can we make you love official forum to?

Right?

Some of us (I’m sure many of us!) do send a kind of cupcake to ANet all the time though, via our purchase of gems, and the expansion..

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I would like them to explain to me why they put Nintendo like games in HoT as achievements. Is the game getting released for 10 year olds from now on or what. Maybe they were enamored over the idiots who couldnt get enough of the Nintendo like puzzle box, and decided to have them play the game insead by giving them what they want, mindless mind numbing content that requires no thought, skill or lore to make it work. I just realized this is what they did up there. I just wish they would hire a developer that was in tune with the original teams vision, as it has COMPLETELY disappeared, leaving a void of focused game design in that huge room of developers.
just my humble opinion.
Oh yeah, they cant even use the Forums tat they created (poorly) to communicate with us even with a “communications team”.
Sorry for ranting, but the first paragraph explains my derision perfectly.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

You could go pose this question on Reddit. Seems we don’t get much in the way of response here.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..