luminous dust price?

luminous dust price?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i was promoting crystals to orbs and ran out of incandescent dust
so i thought to myself why not promote the previous tier of dust via mystic forge but before i tried that i looked up the price and saw it was double….

anyone know what is the reason for this oddity?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

luminous dust price?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Probably supply.

Luminescent dust is less than 10k supply. Incandescent dust is over 100k supply. If you check where they drop, incandescent dust drops from dust mites in Drytop and mobs in Cursed Shore and Luminescent dust drops from places like Fields of Ruin, Blazeridge steps and Iron Marches. There are a lot more people killing mobs in level 80 maps like Dry Top than killing mobs in the lower level maps.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

luminous dust price?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Also the new Legendary’s require the dust for the gifts, so some people probably bought stacks of the stuff when HoT came out, and sell it back later.

luminous dust price?

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

oh i see thanks

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

luminous dust price?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There also aren’t a lot of mobs that drop Luminescent Dust in particular. The biggest sources of Dust as direct drops come from Branded and Ghosts, neither of which spawn at levels that drop T4 Dust. You can get plenty of Radiant Dust (T3) from Blazeridge Steppes, but there aren’t as many Branded in Iron Marches, and few players hang around that area since there aren’t many events to keep players there.