lvl 100 Test Ring on GW2DB. Lvl Cap Increase?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

Not sure how long this has been on gw2db, if its a recent addition or not
So this may or may not be anything at all but i just found it alarming!

Test Ring lvl 100 ( fine )
http://www.gw2db.com/items/3-test-ring-lvl-100

We’ve heard rumors of an expansion for GW2 coming sometime in the future. But will it or wont it bring along an extra 20 level’s on the current 80 cap.
Any thoughts on moving to lvl 100 from the base 80 ?

I really hope the game stays at 80 and i would much rather see new armor, new weapons, zones and more dungeons with agony + difficulty creep just like FOTM.

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

It’s probably something that Anet staff used with testing characters.
Maybe it’s coded to give you certain traits or stuff like that, in most games especially NCSoft ones GMs have more powerful character with stuff that gives them invisibility and such.

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

Posted by: Noein.5893

Noein.5893

really really really wish there is no lvl cap increase…if there was at least the item max lvl should stay lvl 80.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Not once was that actually confirmed. He just stated there’s no system specific limitation. Not that they plan on upping the cap.

If they even remotely think of upping the level cap they will kitten off a vast majority of the player base and im sure they are well aware of it.

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

With the gear treadmill and eventual lvl increase along with us already seeing mounts this game is nothing but another remake of the same tired mmo design… It’s sad because I had such high hopes for this game. Let’s hope TESO does it better.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

SOMEDAY /15 /15

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

If they even remotely think of upping the level cap they will kitten off a vast majority of the player base and im sure they are well aware of it.

If it makes economically good sense to anger a bunch of people (eg. that good uses more server resources than it returns in revenue) I would hope Anet do it.

Broke companies make NO products.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

we need a level increase. how ever 100 should be max, as anything past and well be worse off then we are. 5 levels an expansion

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

I’m going to keep playing as long as the game keeps bringing in ascended armor and new content. If the level cap is ever increased and everything i have then becomes void worthless.. That’s is when i will stop playing and go back to good old RTS games.

But so far this has not bee officially stated by Anet so all is well in the GW2 world..
Still the best game I’ve played in a very long time.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m going to keep playing as long as the game keeps bringing in ascended armor and new content. If the level cap is ever increased and everything i have then becomes void worthless.. That’s is when i will stop playing and go back to good old RTS games.

But so far this has not bee officially stated by Anet so all is well in the GW2 world..
Still the best game I’ve played in a very long time.

You realize the irony in that right?
You just said you will stop playing if your current gear becomes worthless. Yet that is EXACTLY what ascended gear does (and thus why so many people have a problem with it) (personally not a problem to me, I just hope they add it into crafting at some point because other it makes having 400 in crafting a bit pointless >.>).

I have no problem with an increase in level cap because it would come with higher level areas and thus leave all the current areas unchanged. But I honestly don’t think they will bother. With Agony they’ve set themselves up to be able to add higher tiers of gear and the scaling system works really well. Having higher levels would be a very superficial thing as it doesn’t actually add more challenge to the game (levels exist to show progression, ideally the game shouldn’t actually be getting any (or much) harder as you level up and move on to new areas).

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I really don’t think I could take a level cap increase…it doesn’t make any sense to me for this game. Especially for the reasons that FlamingFoxx listed.

I earn 2.5 levels every 1.5 hours. All they’d really be doing is making gear useless for the sake of making gear useless

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What’s the point? leveling up is extremely boring in gw2 so instead of wasting time adding things like that they should give us end game already

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

What’s the point? leveling up is extremely boring in gw2 so instead of wasting time adding things like that they should give us end game already

this is a legitimate question so don’t take this as an insult

but specificly what sort of end game did you want to see? for example, what did you expect to do at level 80 and what did you expect to get out of it? also how would you be able to pull off this sort of end game without gating the content from other players?

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I wouldn’t mind the level cap being increased if all it did was give players more trait points to spend and a higher stat base in PvE. Item levels could remain capped at 80, and any players going into WvW get downscaled back to level 80.

Posted by: Oni.7451

Oni.7451

I really don’t think I could take a level cap increase…it doesn’t make any sense to me for this game. Especially for the reasons that FlamingFoxx listed.

I earn 2.5 levels every 1.5 hours. All they’d really be doing is making gear useless for the sake of making gear useless

I’m in the exact same boat as you. The day the level cap increases is the day I shelf GW2 for good and start chipping away at the literal mountain of non-mmos I have build of over the years that I have yet to play.

While it would also signify the end of my dedicated participation in any MMO from their on out… it’s not something I would be too sad about. I’ll admit, GW2 as it is now is my favorite mmo of all time. I’ve made friendships I cherish through this game. I gotta say, even if it were to end at this point, I have certainly gotten my moneys worth.

Aaaaaaallthough… I have to comment on Mike O’Brien’s statment: "GW2 can have gradual stat progression without being a gear treadmill game.”

Does that not make sense to anyone else? I mean, I see how he certainly has confidence in their ability to present new gear with higher stats more effective then the Ascended Grind… but… isn’t adding “gradual stat progression” beyond what we have now the very definition of a gear treadmill???

edit: one quick note!!! when I say “GW2 as it is now” I don’t mean that any change will drive me away. I welcome any new end game content to give us all more to do. What I don’t is to see all the gear we already worked so hard obtaining… sometimes multiple sets with different stats, to all be for nothing in the long run. I know that’s what EVERY OTHER mmo has done, but GW2 isn’t just “any other mmo” at least… that’s not what it was supposed to be.

(edited by Oni.7451)

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

I’m almost 100% certain there was a level cap increase mentioned in one of the developer interviews.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

yeah was mentioned and made a huge number of players angry…..

Its their game……..lets see if they think they can afford this with TESo and other competitors approaching fast.

They have data and i think if somehow the mass Exodus was reduced on nov15 the next will be worst expecially if they ll ask money for a new expansion.

(they said lvl cap will be paired with a new expansion)…
I ll gladly buy an expansion with no level cap and tiers, but i don t know if i will stay here if i will be forced into gear trendmill even more….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Oni.7451

Oni.7451

yeah was mentioned and made a huge number of players angry…..

Its their game……..lets see if they think they can afford this with TESo and other competitors approaching fast.

They have data and i think if somehow the mass Exodus was reduced on nov15 the next will be worst expecially if they ll ask money for a new expansion.

(they said lvl cap will be paired with a new expansion)…
I ll gladly buy an expansion with no level cap and tiers, but i don t know if i will stay here if i will be forced into gear trendmill even more….

I personally foresee a lot of people leaving if a new level cap is introduced, especially if you have to pay for it. It’s sad to think that the only way see if people will be o-k with it is to actually do it instead of asking the community.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

LOL, people posting they will leave GW2 if the cap gets increased are so ridiculous.
As if they would waste their accounts they have put in multiple hundreds of hours of effort inmto, or even real monney by buying gems, only to just throw the game and all this effort away, when the game would receive with the next expansion a cap increase of say + 5 Levevels, and then 2 years later with next expansion again 5, 2 years later again 5 and so on until we reach the max new final cap of fix 100, wehat is also something I’ve suggested all the time by the way xD

And it makes me happy, that it does look li,e, as if I was right with my thoughts about a level cap increase, that at least 100 is planned on the long road.
Get an cap increase of +5 every x years is absolutely nothing …
Its just an easy way for anet to introduce new transmutation stones, so that people can transmute their level 80 stuff with looks to better statted lvl 81 to100 stuff

Should peopel leave GW2, these people, which get kitten over level increasess, should have stayed in my opinion already in GW1 and should have never come to GW2 at all.
This game would be borign as hell, if it would have only permanently Item Progression.
If this game should become a real good game, then it needs a good balance between item Progression and Character Progression.
So far Charakter Progression in GW2 feels extreme shallow, there is nothing ecept getting your character to 80, unlockign a few skilsl from which 75% are total junk and useless in regard of utility skills and elite skills and then theres the extreme build limitating trait system, which is way too stiff to allow for some very good build diversity and would really need together with a level cap increase a complete redesign to me adding more traitranks, adding alot of more trait points (best would be complete maxable trait board for full ability of build varity, because builds just get set up by the chosen major traits)
There needs also to be more use for unneded skill points, other then tading them in for items… Unused skill pointds sjhould be useable to exchange them into trait points.

Say every 10 skills points = 1 trait point, so that you can earn yourself more trait points after gettign the first 90 via leveling to 100.
Leveling in this game is so dam easy…making dungeons getting whopping 173k exp at the end, 10-17k exp per event, exp buff items that can bring you very fast exp in orr, when you slay there hundreds over hundreeds of undeads very fast in events

SO getting 5 more level after an expansion got release is a peace of kitten cake, a thing that surely 90% if not more of the playerbase will have done in just 1 single day.
The only thing that people have problems with is gettign their lame kitten up to transmute their items to better statted stuff, if they are too lazy to work for them, like people are already working now for ascended items, just to get better stated items for WvW…

Adding in that way item progression is also a way to keep high end players busy, giving them something to do, if they have left anyways nothing anymore to do in the game after some time.
GW,2 is far away from gettign its first expansion. We surely have still like 1,5 years left, before I think that we will see the first expansion that will increase the cap, so how about people take in first a deep breath first and calm down ???

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: DMC.8715

DMC.8715

I would be happy if they raise the cap to 100 ONLY if they give us a secondary profession like in gw1, that would then give us a hell of a lot more skills to choose from and traits to play with

Rotten Egg (EGG) Darkhaven
lv 80 Ranger
Cpt Craptastic

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

I really hope the game stays at 80 and i would much rather see new armor, new weapons…

The problem is that if someone doesn’t find new armor looks appealing then he won’t have anything to do or achieve… This is an MMO after all and you need your goals.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

LOL, people posting they will leave GW2 if the cap gets increased are so ridiculous.
As if they would waste their accounts they have put in multiple hundreds of hours of effort inmto, or even real monney by buying gems, only to just throw the game and all this effort away, when the game would receive with the next expansion a cap increase of say + 5 Levevels, and then 2 years later with next expansion again 5, 2 years later again 5 and so on until we reach the max new final cap of fix 100, wehat is also something I’ve suggested all the time by the way xD

And it makes me happy, that it does look li,e, as if I was right with my thoughts about a level cap increase, that at least 100 is planned on the long road.
Get an cap increase of +5 every x years is absolutely nothing …
Its just an easy way for anet to introduce new transmutation stones, so that people can transmute their level 80 stuff with looks to better statted lvl 81 to100 stuff

Should peopel leave GW2, these people, which get kitten over level increasess, should have stayed in my opinion already in GW1 and should have never come to GW2 at all.
This game would be borign as hell, if it would have only permanently Item Progression.
If this game should become a real good game, then it needs a good balance between item Progression and Character Progression.
So far Charakter Progression in GW2 feels extreme shallow, there is nothing ecept getting your character to 80, unlockign a few skilsl from which 75% are total junk and useless in regard of utility skills and elite skills and then theres the extreme build limitating trait system, which is way too stiff to allow for some very good build diversity and would really need together with a level cap increase a complete redesign to me adding more traitranks, adding alot of more trait points (best would be complete maxable trait board for full ability of build varity, because builds just get set up by the chosen major traits)
There needs also to be more use for unneded skill points, other then tading them in for items… Unused skill pointds sjhould be useable to exchange them into trait points.

Say every 10 skills points = 1 trait point, so that you can earn yourself more trait points after gettign the first 90 via leveling to 100.
Leveling in this game is so dam easy…making dungeons getting whopping 173k exp at the end, 10-17k exp per event, exp buff items that can bring you very fast exp in orr, when you slay there hundreds over hundreeds of undeads very fast in events

SO getting 5 more level after an expansion got release is a peace of kitten cake, a thing that surely 90% if not more of the playerbase will have done in just 1 single day.
The only thing that people have problems with is gettign their lame kitten up to transmute their items to better statted stuff, if they are too lazy to work for them, like people are already working now for ascended items, just to get better stated items for WvW…

Adding in that way item progression is also a way to keep high end players busy, giving them something to do, if they have left anyways nothing anymore to do in the game after some time.
GW,2 is far away from gettign its first expansion. We surely have still like 1,5 years left, before I think that we will see the first expansion that will increase the cap, so how about people take in first a deep breath first and calm down ???

it seems that while attacking players you forgot the meaning of the word “game”…

Players tend to leave games when they think they aren t fun….

Expecially if:

-they have to pay money to get something they find bad (they said lvl cap will be bound to an expansion for sale)
-they have other fun NEW games that are better for their tastes
-what (as u say) they worked for becomes obsolete

Its not a threat.
Its more like “hey i loved this game, i see you are going in the wrong direction…i care for this game and i don t want to see it ruined but its a game not a religion”

p.S. adding tiers and cap is the way to keep what it seem mostly to be a bad part o fthe community busy.
People play CONTENT
New dungeons
New areas
and also New skins

Generic stats while saying “hey half game is obsolete now” doesn t add nothing…..and give less things to play while forcing player to do what they don t like.

I’d really think anet should really care for players able to enjoy all the content and stop trying to appela to players that want to be told what to do….because those player are never happy and more than all they care only for personal reward with a bad impact on the community in most cases.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Timbersword.9014

Timbersword.9014

How did the people against increasing the level cap cope with leveling and gearing up in the process itself?

With the way “endgame” gear is supposed to work through horizontal progression – thus mostly aesthetics – fearing having to regrind for gear that frankly, isn’t required to be successful in the open world or even dungeons because they’re not expected to be tiered like a standard MMO’s raid sequence, is something gear *****es fret over. The people against a level cap increase making obsolete their current equipment are these very people, and I fear they think this way because they’ve been trained to through other MMO’s, despite how pointless it is to have the bleeding edge stuff when there is nothing that absolutely requires it to progress. It’s like being given the choice to earn one of many sports cars but there are only 50mph roads to drive on.

I figure as long as my equipment is good enough for the open world, I don’t need the bleeding edge stuff. What an increased level crap really brings to the table is potentially extended trait lines and more trait points, further allowing a player to customize their character’s class and how they play. Do you go 0/10/0/30/40? 40/40/0/0/0? 10/10/20/20/20?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How did the people against increasing the level cap cope with leveling and gearing up in the process itself?

Treated it as a boring chore that needs to be done with before we can start with the real game. I find no enjoyment in chores that keep me from the things that i like.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Vertical progression is a terrible thing… The reason a lot of people moved to guild wars was because of the lack of vertical progression.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

I would love to be lvl 100 that sounds like perfect lvl not 80 i love to lvl up caracters more then playing the end game instead

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

If they ever increase the level cap for gear, I’m gone. I don’t have the time to run on that treadmill.

If items stay at level 80, and they only increase the cap for characters, that’s not that bad.

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I dont mind higher level cap.. just as long as they wait until I have leveled up my two last chars :P Got my ele at 61 and engineer at 35, the rest of the classes are 80.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Opinions all over the place, which is good.

Level increases were the primary reason I eventually quit WoW. Every increase was basically a reset of all ‘accomplishments’ – not calling them “achievements”, to avoid confusion, e.g. at 70, all of the hours you put in at 60 were lost, since you had nothing to show for it at 70 -literally or figuratively. None of the gear, potions, pre-quests or whatever kept their value.

That felt like a betrayal of long-time players, every time. One of the reasons they implemented achievements is to off-set this, but that’s too far OT.

I love leveling in GW2 – hated it in WoW, so I’m not opposed to raising the cap, in principle. But ANet better not make the mistake of nullifying the work I put in at level 80.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I wouldn’t look too much into a test ring. It is no guarantee of a level increase.

Personally I am against a level increase, but if Anet was to implement one I would hope they will do it in a more creative and enjoyable way. How they do that I do not know.

The level cap itself is not a problem, I don’t mind having to gain new levels. What causes the biggest problem with this kind of content is having to regear your character, which is not something I enjoy doing. Another thing that needs to be considered is, if we gain 20 levels, and I assume the stats to go with it, how much more crit chance, crit damage, etc. will we get from this? Or will it scale in a way to remain as it is? If I have 50% chance to crit at 80, will I still have 50% chance at 100? Adding new levels needs to be done very carefully in order to keep things as balanced as possible. How will lvl 100 characters do in low level areas for example? They will have higher stats than a lvl 80 so therefore may end up finding low level zones no challenge at all. So this is not as simple as just adding more levels.

I am sure that if Anet do decide to go this route they will not rush into it blindly. They will want to ensure that it balances within all their other systems before commiting to it. And so long as I can get back to max stats in the time it takes me to get up to level 100, I will be perfectly ok with it.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

Really against a level increase. I love GW2 because there is no gear treadmill, no invalidation of gear. Going to level 100 would require grinding out new sets of exotics and if this became the norm for expansions then it does essentially mean a gear treadmill. Madness.

In addition to that, current high level zones would become much easier with the addition of new traits to level 100. I was kinda hoping in 5 years time we would have a plethora of level 80 zones to choose from when I login. Otherwise we will just be funneled into the latest expansions max level zone.

Will be a very sad day for me when they officially announce the level cap increase.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Wow, are we going into hysterics over this AGAIN?

I could use 20 more points to spend on traits and by now pretty much everybody has maxed out his exotics and has no reason whatsoever to see the inside of that specific dungeon ever again.

In my mind it´s a done deal that we´re getting lvl90 at least on the expansion sometime later this year and ascended armor somewhere in between.

Deal with it.

Polish > hype

Turgon.8625

Wow, are we going into hysterics over this AGAIN?

I could use 20 more points to spend on traits and by now pretty much everybody has maxed out his exotics and has no reason whatsoever to see the inside of that specific dungeon ever again.

In my mind it´s a done deal that we´re getting lvl90 at least on the expansion sometime later this year and ascended armor somewhere in between.

Deal with it.

There are many games out there that use this system already. Can you not concede that many players enjoy this game because the GW2 model is different?

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

They may hinted at the possibility of raising the cap at an unknown time but that doesn’t mean they will; in fact reading most posts I’d say they wont bother raising it.

Think about it, right now they’re adding ascended gear bit by bit; so far we have rings/backslot and amulet. They still need to introduce Armor, weapons and accessories and all these items are level 80; you really think they would suddenly up the level cap during this process? They’d have to be out of their mind. Add in the fact that it seems by these threads and posts that most people playing this game would shelve the game if it raised the cap (especially with the elder scrolls online coming later this year). I just really don’t see a level cap increase coming any time soon if at all.

Deal with it.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

There are many games out there that use this system already.

Indeed and sadly their bank accounts say they are doing it right.
I have nothing to concede as I don´t like this practice very much either, but at this point it´s a pretty much done deal and I just hope ANet will be smart about it.
Maybe by only giving us 5 more levels and only new runes&sigils to grind for.

I think this discussion has run its course during the Ascended gear histrionics and I´m a bit fed up with it by now.
I want real data and screenshot of live in game items to get my panties in a bunch over.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Astralporing.1957

Think about it, right now they’re adding ascended gear bit by bit; so far we have rings/backslot and amulet. They still need to introduce Armor, weapons and accessories and all these items are level 80; you really think they would suddenly up the level cap during this process?

Not during. After. That way they won’t have to release new tier of eq comes january 2014 – they will release ascended. Level 90.

Actions, not words.

Turgon.8625

Indeed and sadly their bank accounts say they are doing it right.

It is indeed a very successful system, I very much enjoy it in other games. I think it would be hard for either of us to make a case for GW2 being more or less financially successful than it currently is if they had/will adopt a gear treadmill through level increase system. We simply don’t have the data.

What I’d love to see is rather than expanding the traits out vertically (e.g increasing length of each trait line from 30 to 40) they add traits horizontally – add another trait line for each class. This would put it in line with horizontal progression that the GW is renowned for whilst still allowing them to add new abilities/play styles in an expansion.

As for more things to do at end game. That won’t be solved through adding a higher level cap. That is solved by adding new content at current max level.

New ways to progress your character that feels lacking without vertical progression will have to be solved some other manner, I am not sure what.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

What I’d love to see is rather than expanding the traits out vertically (e.g increasing length of each trait line from 30 to 40) they add traits horizontally – add another trait line for each class. This would put it in line with horizontal progression that the GW is renowned for whilst still allowing them to add new abilities/play styles in an expansion.

Or add trait lines from other professions in the future, just like in Guild Wars 1

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Man I hope they increase the level cap soonish. I’ve had exotic level 80 armor since the 3rd week of the game. I love working towards rarer skins, but I have those too now. Time to up the level cap and give us something new and fun to work towards.

Posted by: Kono.5947

Kono.5947

It depends on how long they can keep new content coming without a level/gear increase. My problem would be that if they kept most gears basically with the same stats for level 80, then what would be the point of playing a new dungeon more than a handful of times when you’re already maxed out? While I don’t like gear grinding, I feel I need something to work towards when playing an mmo or else the game gets stale. And mmos need to remain interesting for years instead of just dying out a few months after release, like non-mmos.

But if they can manage to add new content in an interesting way without having to add levels and new (Better statted) gear, that would be great! It might even work if they just added new skills, since it’s not terribly hard to gain skill points. And, of course, new races and professions aren’t unheard of.

If they can keep it interesting, I’d rather not have a level cap increase. But I won’t mind it, either, if the game ever starts to get boring…

Posted by: Panacea.4927

Panacea.4927

A levelcap increase would upset me as it means we get new gear and will get powercreep with vertically progression which gets added more and more.

New gear also means that old content becomes obsolete and that everyone will only do the new stuff to get the new gear. Old content will also become too easy.

For gear I would prefer if they go away from straight numeric increase and add more different things your gear is capable to. Why not armor which has only 2 stats but for that a 5% dmg decrease on you if you get stunned and add more stuns in the new zones? It would also open up the possibilty for players to remove stun breakers from their utility bar if they dont mind to sacrifice stats for it.
Or just a simple range increase for your weapons in your armor for which you again sacrifice some stats.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Hmm, if they raise the cap that liberally, I can see them being able to provide a decent amount of progression with it. With side kicking taking care of the problem with being hopelessly OP(yea, still needs adjustment), they may have the opportunity to raise the cap up to a number no other AAA MMO had before. Level 500 anyone? :P

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Hmm, if they raise the cap that liberally, I can see them being able to provide a decent amount of progression with it. With side kicking taking care of the problem with being hopelessly OP(yea, still needs adjustment), they may have the opportunity to raise the cap up to a number no other AAA MMO had before. Level 500 anyone? :P

I would like that tbh.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: obstinate giraffe.9276

obstinate giraffe.9276

Is it not perfectly possible to increase the level cap without forcing a new tier of equipment required? To be quite honest, the idea of doing twenty levels or so in ‘end-game’ gear for aesthetic rewards is really rather appealing to me. The level cap increase would encourage me to explore the new world presented and give us more delicious traits – does a level cap increase really have to come with a gear treadmill?

Also, for the people saying that ascended gear makes exotic gear ‘worthless’ :

worth·less
/?w?rTHlis/
Adjective
Having no real value or use.
(of a person) Having no good qualities; deserving contempt.
Synonyms
valueless – useless – trashy – paltry – good-for-nothing

I think you mean it makes exotic gear ‘slightly less optimal, but still end-game gear’ – stop being so melodramatic.

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

For PvE players, a level increase might be a good thing as it would give them more content, more gear to grind, etc , but it would not be good for WvW players. So taking that into consideration, they probably will do a level increase, since they don’t seem to care much about WvW.

Maid Of The Coast

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Is it not perfectly possible to increase the level cap without forcing a new tier of equipment required? To be quite honest, the idea of doing twenty levels or so in ‘end-game’ gear for aesthetic rewards is really rather appealing to me. The level cap increase would encourage me to explore the new world presented and give us more delicious traits – does a level cap increase really have to come with a gear treadmill?

People are not saying they will add new tiers. But with more levels it is not too much of a stretch to assume that higher level gear will also be introduced. Which means higher stats and more farming for said gear. Unless they make them easily available and attainable within the time it takes to go from level 80 to level 100.

Ascended gear will still be the top tier, but you will have level 80 ascended and level 100 ascended, and possibly other levels inbetween.

I have absolutely no problem with having to work for aesthetics, but do not feel you should have to work for the stats of your choice, when you have already put in that work to get level 80 stats. Some people have jobs and when they log into GW2 they don’t want to have to work there too, they just want to have fun. And farming for gear, for many, is not fun.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Posted by: Tasty Kiwi.6837

Tasty Kiwi.6837

Well increasing it is better, you have more things to do. What you want to keep grinding dungeons over and over again at level 80 ?…

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

New Expansion in August or September will bring.
- New zones (maps) for PvE and PvP
- Higher LvL-cap,
- new gear (Ascended Armors and weapons)
- Main story focus on New Elder Dragon

It’s the same as in others MMOs.

Living story Flame and Frost. It’s a prelude to new expansion.

Flame – Primordus (forgoten race dwarves) or Kralkatorrik (Charr)
Frost – Jormag (Norn)

Let’s see what we get i the next chapter of Flame and Frost.

I don’t konw how AN is going to solve porblem with lvlcap and new gear in WvWvW for gamers with or without expansion.
Basic game exotic 80lvlCap and some Ascended acesories vs. expansion higher lvlcap and new gear.
We have six months to see it.

Astralporing.1957

pls stfu and listen. This is an MMO. stat/gear progression is NEEDED to keep people wanting to play and hopefully for anet buy more diamonds There is a reason wow is so successful

There’s a reason i don’t play WoW.

Actions, not words.