map jumping

map jumping

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Sometimes you’re on a bad map.. I don’t mean a map where things might be a tad harder than others.. I’m talking about a BAD map.

If you’re even on such a map, you’re stuck on it. You can’t communicate with people on other IPs of the same map let them help you jump over. How about a new command
/IP (exists)
/LeaveIP

/LeaveIP will roll you into another IP adress if there is one. No more landing on bad and dead maps please

map jumping

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Do not confuse map copies with IP addresses. There can be multiple map copies on a single IP address. You cannot determine on which map copy you are by looking at the IP address alone.

Regardless, being able to see a list of the currently existing map copies, and being able to select on which one you want to play, should have been implemented along with the megaserver system. It’s been suggested over a thousand times; that’s how the original Guild Wars went about it. Unfortunately, we haven’t gotten word back from ArenaNet as of yet.

map jumping

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

List, no, random roll, sure.

A list would just split the playerbase.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

map jumping

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Sometimes relogging works. However, a district system with queues would be useful.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

map jumping

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Guild Wars 1 had districts in their cities. You could choose the one you wanted based on a friend in a district or how crowded it was, and move to it if it wasn’t full. If they had that in this game, people who want crowded maps can go to district one and those who don’t can go to the highest number district.

Think how useful something like this could be to a map like the Silverwastes. The chest farmers can go to their own map and the people who want to do events can go to theirs.

Example of a Guild Wars 1 district menu.

Attachments:

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

map jumping

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Guild Wars 1 had districts in their cities. You could choose the one you wanted based on a friend in a district or how crowded it was, and move to it if it wasn’t full. If they had that in this game, people who want crowded maps can go to district one and those who don’t can go to the highest number district.

Think how useful something like this could be to a map like the Silverwastes. The chest farmers can go to their own map and the people who want to do events can go to theirs.

Example of a Guild Wars 1 district menu.

This is kind of what I was refering. But since I saw there was an /ip command, I thought it might be easier to use that, but the IP apparantly dont translate to map instance here