medium and light legendary armor cliping

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I havent tested this in the light armor yet but i was told this is the case . But when i preview the medium armor boots on asuras the side fingers stick out. Come on guys this isnt right :/

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m not sure that making it look like those boots cut off my toe-claws would be better…

Anyway, most boots behave like this: out stick the asura claws/toes on the sides.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

There are like 3 or 4 medium boots in the whole game that DON’T make asura’s lateral toes clip through. Ascalonian Sentry is a good one, and the Prototype (cultural tier 3) too.

I truly thought they will make correctly the Legendary ones, because, well, it is the kittening LEGENDARY ARMOR!

But no. So there died my only possible motivation to make Legendary Armor.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think its time that people (especially the developers) remembered that clipping is an issue that includes a lot more than just Legendary Armor.

Way too much energy and conversation is being wasted on fixing this “problem” for a small subset of the playerbase. If they are going to go to such great lengths, they should put it toward coming up with a more systemic fix.

Otherwise, it’s time to just move on to other issues.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

There will always be a degree of clipping with armor in this game. Regardless if its mix-match or a uniform set. And really I’m not all that shocked to find out about it, because with all the clipping that already exists, people still insist on having ‘no capes/cloaks’ because of the very issue. Yet with some of the most supposedly prestige armor in-game, clipping occurs.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

zealex.9410

you dont understand.. on th blogpost the medium set which was equiped by asura had diff boots which had 3 finger extentions so it would cove each finger. Now how did it end up in the game with these 2 extra extentions on the fingers missing is beyond me.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

you dont understand.. on th blogpost the medium set which was equiped by asura had diff boots which had 3 finger extentions so it would cove each finger. Now how did it end up in the game with these 2 extra extentions on the fingers missing is beyond me.

The medium set, ONLY when in fight stance, DOES have 2 extra toe extensions. AFAIK, they only cover the toes from a proper frontal angle, and don’t work at all when looking the toon from behind.

That’s the reason the boots seems ok in the blog photo, but clips in game.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

zealex.9410

ahh i see but still light armor doesnt even bother