meet .......!!!

meet .......!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Greyrebel.7492

Greyrebel.7492

its its been weeks with no update and nothing technicaly its been months without any serious thing… u know this is summer we have more free times now than any other time of the year , we realy would love more updates during summer .. instead u give nothing . and when we come and see check gw 2 website to atleast get soem info about expansion wich as u said is the reason u dont give updates ,, we see titles like meet….. . i mean do u realy think it should be on first page and news section ???? i mean how long u gonna do it til u interduce all gw2 players ? u hope atleast u know more than 99 % of gw 2 players dont give… about tornoments, and please do mind im not raging over this i just love this game and im kinda warning the way u r going isnt realy a good 1, too many new games came and many popular games interduced expansions and just i ask u , please ! go and see web page of other mmorpg games and see updates.. . gl whatever u r working on

We are one , and one is all

meet .......!!!

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Actually in summer there is probably less time to play as an adult. Still working during the week, no summer break here. Weekends are spent at zoos, parks, water parks and what ever else my wife can come up with.

meet .......!!!

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

30.07 fractal mastery, legendary backpacks, ascended crafting
23.07 tempest
16.07 traitline for revenant and information about adventures

" weeks with no update and nothing technicaly its been months without any serious thing"
I have to disagree with that.
We are also getting more informations tomorrow about pvp.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

meet .......!!!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Actually in summer there is probably less time to play as an adult. Still working during the week, no summer break here. Weekends are spent at zoos, parks, water parks and what ever else my wife can come up with.

Agreed, this is one of the busiest times of year for many of us outside of Xmas and also a time when people will be indoors a lot less.

It was always unlikely that much info was going to come through that wasn’t being announced via Gamescom anyway.

meet .......!!!

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

They aren’t releasing new info this week because the beta is this weekend. and they are doing Gamescom at which they will hopefully have some big news to announce.

It’s easier for them to manage community reactions and feedback when they don’t overload us with announcements. That’s why they do it at a slow trickle. Also Anet has a crazy archaic secrecy policy about everything. They are a company that’s been around for nearly 2 decades. Companies being super open and transparent with their games is a brand new trend that mostly indie devs adopted in the last 5 years.

meet .......!!!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

They aren’t releasing new info this week because the beta is this weekend. and they are doing Gamescom at which they will hopefully have some big news to announce.

I would be very dissapointed when they do have something big to announce. the only thing big can be a release date. They always said when they are ready.

I always hate it when company use a convention to make a big announcement. It means they are only after the publicity.

If they take the player as serious as they say they do, they make an announcement when they know it. So within 48 hours from the boardmeeting where the last lights turned green!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

meet .......!!!

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Well if I was in school I’d agree. A large portion of this game is actuality people over 20 as its the only real casual mmo someone can play working full time.

Don’t worry though, hot will be out by the end of the year so hopefully for your winter break you’ll have it at least. Oh gosh do I miss breaks……

meet .......!!!

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

They’re kind of working on a huge expansion, Greyrebel. Most of the Anet programmers are probably on that project.

They also fixed Lion’s Arch, overhauled the trait system, and finally cleared up the HoM issue that kept its vendor closed for a few months. Along with various maintenance patchwork, as always.

Also, while I, myself, am almost exclusively a PvE gamer, I know there is a substantial PvP community on this game, and they generally care as much about PvE content as you do about tournaments.

And to mercury: The main thing is, they wouldn’t need a seat at the exposition if they didn’t have something to say. I do agree with your main point that they should not use such a thing simply for a publicity gimmick. However, publicity is a thing they need for sales. They are a business. We cannot deny facts; the resources from this game don’t come from thin air. As long as they keep such publicity from being “gimmicky”, though, I’m fine with it.

As for their usual transparency, I would probably upgrade that 48 hours to a week when an expo is involved – it’s still current enough. Sitting on info longer than that for an expo, though, I would file under “gimmick”.

meet .......!!!

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I would be very dissapointed when they do have something big to announce. the only thing big can be a release date. They always said when they are ready.

I always hate it when company use a convention to make a big announcement. It means they are only after the publicity.

If they take the player as serious as they say they do, they make an announcement when they know it. So within 48 hours from the boardmeeting where the last lights turned green!

Nonsense.

First of all, they still have 5 elite specializations to show and “challenging group content” on top of the release date.

Second, you can’t expect any company to pass up the benefit of hype and publicity. That is just insane. Arenanet have over 300 employees who need to put food on the table and keep a roof over their head. Contrary to popular belief, game developers work for a living and need money to keep going. It logically follows that they will use any advantage they can to keep a positive profit margin. This includes waiting until the right moment to make announcements so that their fans are hyped and more willing to support things like Gamescom which benefit many developers, not just Anet.

And I just love this part…

So within 48 hours from the boardmeeting where the last lights turned green!

Do you have any idea what goes on in a studio?