mesmer/Ele, if you never take direct hits from foes, you are bad?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: snowywonder.2496

snowywonder.2496

This thing happened two days ago. I was on my lvl 45 mesmer trying to look for a CM exp group. Another person on LA map was looking for CM group too, so I invited him. Then he was asking me if I have a lvl 80 character and I said yes, but told him I already used those two to run CM for today, so didn’t want the reward to go to 20 tokens. He said the tokens are account-bound. After explaining to him it’s because of the reward diminishing, not account-bound, I exited the group. I thought that was the end, but later it proved that I was totally wrong.

I was really surprised that he even willing to spend a few minutes to find where I was standing in LA and told me that “it was ok if you don’t have a lvl80, just don’t lie”. I was enraged at that point. I invited him into the group again and showed him my 80 elementalist and asked him if he wanted to see my 80 ranger too. He then said, “so what, you will still be one shot by snipers in CM”. I asked him does he know Mesmers have reflecting projectile, illusions and stealth skills to survive? Not to mention that I am not in a glass cannon build so I won’t be one-shot at all.

Then he said “so you never take hits? You are bad”. At that time, I didn’t know what to say to him, first he didn’t even know Mesmer’s skills before making comments and second he was making a comment, which if you don’t take hits directly from foes, you are bad. If we can use aura to reflect projectiles or use our illusions to take the damage for us, what is the problem with that? As an ele or Mesmer, you are supposed to take hits directly if you are good?

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

You’re dealing with typical MMO kitten. I deal with them everyday. The problem is there is no clear way to play in this game so neither you nor him are right. You have to play however it best works for you and your team.

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

Dude was a troll. Don’t worry about it. Mesmers and Elementalists are loaded with skills that either keep enemies from attacking or keep attacks from landing. That’s their job. They’re not tanks.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

OP, at that point you just tell him how dumb he is, back it with facts then ignore him. He is obviously an idiot.

Don’t worry man you were in the right on that one.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Too much effort for one kitten

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I would have stopped bothering/responding the moment when he came to LA.Those people just..aren’t worth the effort.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Add him to ignore and move on.

Just a MMOKiddie.

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

Some people just play games to mess with other people because they’re incapable of being the bully IRL.

I play an ele, and my targets usually die before even getting the chance to touch me. I wouldn’t say that’s bad; I’d say that’s pretty kitten good.

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

All I know is, Mesmers are the most annoying class to fight in PvP. I’m ALWAYS killing stupid mirrors and can never find and hit the real one. UGH. I guess that makes mesmers bad players because they don’t get hit? LOL whatever.

Honestly you spent too much time talking to this person. I would have walked away much sooner and ignored them.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Heh, sounds like he was having a bad day and looking for someone to take it out on. Just put him on ignore.

Posted by: ExDead.3945

ExDead.3945

the combat system in this game PROMOTES not getting hit, wtf was that guy on lol

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Just block him. /end

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster