monthy reward: why am i forced to wvwvw?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

no one is forcing you to do anything. The monthly achievement is designed to have you participate in various activities in the game. That is why the requirements change from month to month. If you don’t do parts of the game then you shouldn’t be awarded the achievement for doing all parts of the game.

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

Do you guys also complain about being forced to go to work to get a paycheck?
To do the monthly achievement you have to do the tasks listed in the said achievement. They go hand in hand.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

For me it does not matter if it is PvP or PvE, but I would have liked it to stay soloable like it has been until now.

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

To do the monthly achievement you have to do the tasks listed in the said achievement. They go hand in hand.

Every single day :o and having something ingame that’s compareable to work isnt really a good thing ;p

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I lament that every morning But I cannot relinquish my paycheck while not getting the monthly achievement doesn´t make any difference worth bothering about.

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

Adding my 2 cents.
Luring more people in WvW that only look to get an achievement is not helping the WvW crowd or server balance. You can bank on people looking for the path of least resistance to get those kills (I don’t know what that is, probably beefing a bigger zerg or camping a spot/fort), but overall they won’t be involved in the bigger strategy of world conquer.
And I think WvW deserves more special attention from the devs right now. I personally can’t play WvW properly because I get about 7-8 fps in zergs using lowest settings (so any time I want to participate in fort defending or capturing) and most players are invisible on my screen.
So I’ll reluctanty get my 50 kills with a siege weapon or something but I’m not going to be of much use to my server. Ohh… I miss the alliance battles from GW1.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

My problem is not because its on the monthly,its because I can’t do WvW period. My machine is too horrible to even handle the large battles there. If i even try to get into the zerg, I die plain and simple just because the game freezes up completely and I can’t move or react or even see what is in front of me. It was difficult enough to map it all on my ele when I could die in a lag storm at any time.

For people with machines that can barely play gw 2, its even worse as we’ll never complete it. Now that this month has dungeons as well, that’s two things I’ll never be able to do. I wonder what else non low-end machine friendly stuff exists this month?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Hazram.9271

Hazram.9271

Maybe I’m the only one, but the problem for me is about JOINING WvW. I’ve never been able to do it.
It seems I am constantly in a queue, but I don’t know the length of it. I probably left the game several times just short of entering, but how could I know?
Or maybe i’m not queueing for the right area? I’ve no clue about which one of the 4 or 5 zones I am supposed to join.

Side question: I know there are guilds focusing entirely on WvW. Do they spend most of their time in queues?

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

Can’t be bothered to work for the rewards, then buy the kitten 20 coins and 10 jugs of karma on the TP.

Yak’s Bend

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’m not a big WvW person, but i have to say, kill tagging 50 is hardly difficult. I think i’ve done it in less than an hour and ended up having a pretty good time doing it. I agree it’s an incentive for people to get out there and battle it out, but you might be really surprised on how fun it can be, if you’re not that serious about it.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Kromsin.6359
For November why am I forced to run a dungeon? It’s what they decided. Just like doing wvwvw

Exactly. They are achievements that can cover the entire game. WvWvW is part of the game.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

I gotta agree with the idea behind the achievement. I don’t personally like or care for PvP in this game; much less the WvW. But; that said, the achievement does not say PvE nor PvP achievement. It’s “daily” or “monthly”; and neither is needed to progress in game.
Yes, it’s helpful for the free goodies; and put aside technical issues that may prevent some from partaking; it’s not needed.

Personally, I wish they would create two achievement lines. One for PvP and one for PvE. Give each “only one camp players” a goal, and double the goals for players that go for both.

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

Considering the daily doesn’t require you to kill 1-5 WvWvW people, I think it’s fair that people are asking why it’s there in the monthly.

There should be a PvE monthly and PvP monthly…break them out.

Posted by: Skov.2795

Skov.2795

To the people complaining that dungeon runs is on the monthly have you forgotten that every single month has included the WvW one while this is the first time there is a purely PvE one.

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Doesn’t matter, this game is doing worse than SWToR did about the same time. Forget the tortanic GW2 is taking it’s place.

They are removing the ability to choose how to do things. It’s like Anet forgot all of those interviews, and articles praising their renown system. Hell their own manifesto. They are going to have to learn the same lesson bioware did.

Posted by: MasterGeese.4756

MasterGeese.4756

You aren’t FORCED to WvWvW. Yes the achievement requires it, but nobody is forcing you to get the achievement either. Arenanet is just trying to encourage you to try new things, which isn’t at all a problem IMO.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

because its fun? wvw is my favourite thing to do in gw2.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

much prefer wvw than dungeons personally

means I won’t be getting this monthly done but whatever, it’s just a game

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

because its fun? wvw is my favourite thing to do in gw2.

It can be, but the uneven servers… it’s just not working right. Bioware had to learn this with illum, and now anet is going to have to learn it. Its already pretty bad, and they so far aren’t willing to lift one finger to fix anything.

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I feel the same way when it comes to running dungeons, I hate those things. At least you can get the WvW kills in a lot less time than it will take to do those dungeon runs.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

^^ Yes WvW kills will be annoying to PvE players but it will take much less time then countless dungeon runs (and waiting for dungeon groups to form) for WvW players. I would actually like to try dungeons, would love to see Destiny’s Edge’s story in game, but can never find a group when I’m on except for all the really high lvl dungeons.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: ZeroStatic.2176

ZeroStatic.2176

it’s sad though for ppl not running a i5/i7 sandy/ivy

We are forced to endure 15 fps while button smashing trying to hit some invisble enemies …

Didn’t know my Phenom X4 965 was considered intel brand.
(Note: You can make an AMD machine run faster than 15 fps in WvWvW)

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

The objective behind changing Monthly Achievement components is likely to get us participating in content that they’d like to focus on testing. The various internal teams probably jockey for positions on the Monthly Achievement list so they can get the players to blitz that section of content and give them a ton of data to look at on how to modify that content. So long as there are some parts of the game a lot of players find more frustrating than fun, we should expect those parts to show up on the Monthly Achievement list so they can watch how we play and try to bring that content in line with what will make more of us happy.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

The objective behind changing Monthly Achievement components is likely to get us participating in content that they’d like to focus on testing. The various internal teams probably jockey for positions on the Monthly Achievement list so they can get the players to blitz that section of content and give them a ton of data to look at on how to modify that content. So long as there are some parts of the game a lot of players find more frustrating than fun, we should expect those parts to show up on the Monthly Achievement list so they can watch how we play and try to bring that content in line with what will make more of us happy.

That actually made me wonder if our Monthly Achievements will always be in flux. That would actually be kinda neat IMO.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Just like people complain about having to WvWvW, people will complain about having to do PvE. I did 3 dungeon runs last night, and I’m at tier 3 (of 3) if I read it right. So I’m assuming it’s only about 5 dungeons. Maybe 10 max if I read it wrong. I also would have preferred if monthly was kept to soloable activities, but it is what it is. I’m not a huge WvWvWer, but I have about 27 kills for my monthly so far after spending an hour or so in my server’s borderlands. I can understand people’s gripe, especially if their machine can’t handle it well. But no one is forced to do the achievments.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

WvWvW is really boring and honestly is nothing but a zerg fest. I actually find it worst then WoW PvP…which is saying something.

They really need to have 2 monthlies.

[quote=607167;WasAGuest.4973:]

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

WvW is fun, And don’t you ever compare it to WoW PvP. Which is just terrible. Anyway, The monthly is “forcing” me to do dungeons, dungeons suck and aren’t fun at all. But I will either do them or I won’t.

Posted by: conifur.2896

conifur.2896

Just a quick question When it says kill you have to have the killing blow right? I hit everything and kills don’t come as fast as some people say.

Posted by: Kat.5982

Kat.5982

Does anyone know the details of the dungeon part of the monthly? Do they have to be a certain level? Do they have to be unique dungeons? Could I just do the lowest level dungeon repeatedly to get the achievement? I have zero desire to run dungeons, but 10 jugs of karma goes a long way.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Cause nobody else would be there otherwise. The kills take forever, you can easily get ganked, and it kills your performance. They need to encourage people to play though so it’s a monthly.

I knew there’d be carebears in GW2, but not at that scale. WvW and siege warfare was one of the most anticipated features by the fans. Sometimes you’re in the zerg that steamrolls others, sometimes you get steamrolled, sometimes you shadow refuge yourself and a warrior at their gate… and someone actually comes out! It’s part of the game. There’s also a jumping puzzle where it’s mandatory to lose most of your health due to the fall damage, and ideal spot for lulz camping.

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

It really isn’t that big a deal. I got it done yesterday relatively quickly just running around with a zerg. I’m not a fan of WvW either.

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

meh… my server has 4 maps to spawn-camp on, and no one can legitimately kvetch about it.

Posted by: Keats.8493

Keats.8493

I really hate that achievement. it wouldn’t be a problem if i could get more then 20 fps in WvW…

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

You don’t need the killing blow, but they do have to die while in combat when you hit them. Once they leave combat and are obviously still alive, you won’t be getting the points for it. I’m pretty sure the tag counter resets once you get out of combat. Running with the zerg and tossing some AoE down in a mob usually yields some decent kill counts. Defending is nice too if you’re just going for the numbers. I personally think running around capturing areas with a few guildies is more fun though.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Takes like 10 mins to get 50 kills if you are on a server with good zergs.

But I guess on plus side, you can gloat at making PvPers do dungeons now which will take much much longer to complete in comparison.

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

Do as I do. WvWvW is the worst thing about this game. Truly the most awful pvp I have ever done in any game. This is mainly to do with the lag and zerg fest. I have total 34 kills in it and I only got those by accident. I went in once, that was enough to convince me I never want to do it again. So I did not get last months achievement.
This month I will not get it again because of the dungeon requirement. I detest the bugged, OP trash, terrible design of the dungeons so will not go in them.
I will not lose a moment’s sleep over it either. I will carry on PvE’ing to my hearts content.

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I could ask the OP why I am forced to PVE content to complete the monthly, but then logic took over again, and I realised it is because it is part of the game. In my opinion, you should have PvE. WvW, and PvP requirements to all be needed for the achievement, personally.

Considering the karma purchases gear that is used in both PvE and WvW, it seems reasonable to gain an achievement that pays out so much currency that benefits both so well in terms of gear, that both be required to gain it.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

(edited by coglin.1496)

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

It’s a shame that anet force us to play the game to get those achievements.

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

So if I read what you are saying right, they have to give a carrot on a stick to get us to run the content that sucks? What they should do is not make a lag infested zone with zerging as the main way of getting anything done. They should make the dungeons fun instead of a complete and utter frustration. No amount of Karma will make me run WvWvW or dungeons.

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

I decided not to bother with it. It’s only 10 jugs. Might seem like a lot but if you play most days you get 30 in a month anyway. I’m serious. Get your head around not doing these and it’s a huge relief. Just play your own game, don’t get hooked on carrots.

(edited by Grumwulf.9602)