more eyebrow styles & colors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

For humans and Norn, provide more eyebrows as well as eyebrow colors so we can match hair color. I love white hair, but I have to have dark brown eyebrows to go with it because there is no other option. For a game that prides itself on aesthetic beauty, this is an inexplicable shortcoming.

Inexplicable, because I see no reason why it’s not implemented. Do eyebrows provide an inherent difficulty as opposed to hair? Anet has shown they have no problem making new hair and hair colors, so why not the eyebrows? Did eyebrows wrong them in another life?

As Yintzer.5831 posted, “I honestly can’t understand why this simple but very common feature in other games was left out here. Especially because it’s obvious Anet cared about customization.”

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Probably a whole face, including eyebrows, is a texture applied on a wire model, that’s why you can’t tweak them much. Unfortunately, I saw some faces that I liked, and eventually dismissed because of ugly eyebrows.

Anyway, it’s true lots of other games have more eyebrows options. Maybe in GW3…

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

Who cares? Let them work on xpac2, way more important !

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

They worked on expansions while adding hair options, Goldfox

@ThomasC A whole texture on a wire model could be an explanation, it seems to work that way in SWTOR as well. But then that should be changed. It’s really a big grief for me, I want my character to be as customizable as possible.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They could at least have tied eyebrow color and hair color together so that if you change the color of your hair it also changes the eyebrow color.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

They could at least have tied eyebrow color and hair color together so that if you change the color of your hair it also changes the eyebrow color.

I much prefer dark eyebrows/facial hair regardless of hair color since light facial hair just disappears in-game, so I would rather see separate controls. I have at least one face I would love to use, but the eyebrows are light, reddish, and any other hair color than reddish just doesn’t look right to me. I think separate color controls would provide a lot more flexibility.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

They worked on expansions while adding hair options, Goldfox

@ThomasC A whole texture on a wire model could be an explanation, it seems to work that way in SWTOR as well. But then that should be changed. It’s really a big grief for me, I want my character to be as customizable as possible.

But they already have a system in place for hair to be changed out between head models. Updating brows for such customization is probably impossible at this point, short of basically adding a ton of duplicate templates with various eyebrow selections.