my wishlist for guild war 3

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

When guild war 2 first came out, I was amazed at how beautiful graphic wise the game was. I had a 10k dollar gaming rig. cpu 990x, graphic card 4 sli gtx 580. I had a blast playing this game with all graphic settings maxed out it was so much fun. Yes as you can see I am a graphic kitten and will not play any game that is not good looking graphic wise. For example I never touched minecraft, or any of those stupid indie games!

Basically there is only one wish i have for guild war 3!

Please make it even better looking graphic wise then guild war 2 either that or I quite!

Posted by: Citri.9540

Citri.9540

I hope they make the graphics better so you dont quit tbh!!!

hi im citri u can find me twerking on Blackgate or on citriplays.tumblr.com

IAMANDLOVE.3095

thx, i have high hopes for the guild war franchise it is right now my favorite game and the game i played the most, I have clocked in 5000 hours total played!

Posted by: Citri.9540

Citri.9540

thx, i have high hopes for the guild war franchise it is right now my favorite game and the game i played the most, I have clocked in 5000 hours total played!

Have you played Guild War 1? It’s still a pretty game imo

hi im citri u can find me twerking on Blackgate or on citriplays.tumblr.com

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Too early for GW3…… yet….

IAMANDLOVE.3095

no i have never tried guild war 1! but guild war 2 hooked me!

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Guild wars 3 won’t happen until guild wars 2 is dead. They will be releasing many expansions as long as people are still buying.

Only reason they went with guild wars 2 instead of more gw1 expansions is because the gw1 engine had to be completely rewritten in order to make the changes they wanted to make. I don’t think that’s an issue this time

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Try Sweet FX, to enhance youre graphics quality if you wish. Haven’t tried it myself but seen the YouTube vids of it and looks pretty cool.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Agree but it’s fun to speculate. I think on a technical standpoint:

1.No fall damage

2.Air combat

3.Vehicle mounts with two bars, one for fuel (replenishable) and when the fuel one runs out an endurance bar (can’t be fixed, if it breaks you must build or buy a new one) starts going down. Once this one runs down the vehicle is gone for good until you buy or build a new one.

4.Simplified crafting that takes place in a portable home instance, can manufacture goods that reduce crafting time too. Growing food, decorations, vehicles, and vehicle fuel, just no weapon or armor crafting (that’d be a separate system.)

5.More of our abilities able to be binded so no ability lies there useless in a list. Like WoW Cataclysm (don’t know about after) we could bind countless abilities to our keyboard, A for autoattack, S for second most used attack, V for gap closer utility, W for this, B for something else, even needing to use shift + W or whatever for even more abilities. The WASD keys would by default be binded to weapon abilities to strongly discourage keyboard turning but could still be binded if the player is more comfortable with it, but gameplay would assume mouse movement and therefore keyboard turning puts the player at a disadvantage.

Atmosphere wise:

1.Darker and grittier. For many centuries there was peace after the dragons were rent asunder, but a new threat to Tyria has emerged. The end has already come, but the world, characters, and players want to stop it.

2.Pockets of light and magical areas, giving hope.

3.GW2 player character lost to history to avoid canonizing a particular race/gender combo (though signs point to male sylvari warrior, sylvari because they get so much special treatment even needing them for certain achievements and warrior because lead heroes in stories and video games are typically warriors like Link, most Final Fantasy heroes though one was a Paladin and another one a thief, Luke Skywalker, King Arthur and his knights, etc.)

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

My wishlist for GW3 is the same as for GW2

GW1 * better graphics

gg wp ty bb

Posted by: ckotoc.5421

ckotoc.5421

Get a life.It has better graphics and you dont need 10k dollars to play with other people.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

My whislist :

1. FLAT maps .. Shiverpeaks style .. so mostly a Jormag expansion.
2. no more maze running
3. have i said Flat maps ?

Oh .. just noticed it was about GW3 not next expansion … however, quite the same ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

My wish is that it never happens… Not that I do not like GW franchise but I would rather they upped the graphics of GW2 and continue their wonderfull work they have done so far.

If there where to be a new GW game I would like a Single/Multiplayer rpg-game (Non MMO that is).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

My whislist :

1. FLAT maps .. Shiverpeaks style .. so mostly a Jormag expansion.
2. no more maze running
3. have i said Flat maps ?

Oh .. just noticed it was about GW3 not next expansion … however, quite the same ^^

It’s why Ascalon maps are my favorite. They have so few inclines and the ones that are there are clear. I hardly ever visit the Straights of Devastation for logging because the time wasted with being vertical and so many walls not worth it. I mostly just still to Melchoir’s Leap and Cursed Shore for logging.

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

GW1 * better graphics

gg wp ty bb

Same here. GW3 = More GW1 Expansions + Jumping (not JP noooo!)
And GW2 Graphics would be fine as i’m tired of upgrading my rig.
Waiting…. Still waiting….

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No thanks to gw3. I have no wish to leave all my chars, progression, gold, items, weapons and armor to start over AGAIN like I did from Guild Wars 1 to Guild Wars 2.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

Or they can do it like Blizz does it with WoW and improve the gfx with each expansion.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I can’t take this post seriously when he types “Guild War”

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Agree but it’s fun to speculate. I think on a technical standpoint:

1.No fall damage

2.Air combat

3.Vehicle mounts with two bars, one for fuel (replenishable) and when the fuel one runs out an endurance bar (can’t be fixed, if it breaks you must build or buy a new one) starts going down. Once this one runs down the vehicle is gone for good until you buy or build a new one.

4.Simplified crafting that takes place in a portable home instance, can manufacture goods that reduce crafting time too. Growing food, decorations, vehicles, and vehicle fuel, just no weapon or armor crafting (that’d be a separate system.)

5.More of our abilities able to be binded so no ability lies there useless in a list. Like WoW Cataclysm (don’t know about after) we could bind countless abilities to our keyboard, A for autoattack, S for second most used attack, V for gap closer utility, W for this, B for something else, even needing to use shift + W or whatever for even more abilities. The WASD keys would by default be binded to weapon abilities to strongly discourage keyboard turning but could still be binded if the player is more comfortable with it, but gameplay would assume mouse movement and therefore keyboard turning puts the player at a disadvantage.

Atmosphere wise:

1.Darker and grittier. For many centuries there was peace after the dragons were rent asunder, but a new threat to Tyria has emerged. The end has already come, but the world, characters, and players want to stop it.

2.Pockets of light and magical areas, giving hope.

3.GW2 player character lost to history to avoid canonizing a particular race/gender combo (though signs point to male sylvari warrior, sylvari because they get so much special treatment even needing them for certain achievements and warrior because lead heroes in stories and video games are typically warriors like Link, most Final Fantasy heroes though one was a Paladin and another one a thief, Luke Skywalker, King Arthur and his knights, etc.)

yeh a lot of what you say is so true! I agree!

IAMANDLOVE.3095

No thanks to gw3. I have no wish to leave all my chars, progression, gold, items, weapons and armor to start over AGAIN like I did from Guild Wars 1 to Guild Wars 2.

starting all over again is part of the fun!

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Or they can do it like Blizz does it with WoW and improve the gfx with each expansion.

blizz is horrible! wow graphic was good for its time which is 2004, and 11 years later omg they are not innovating! I quite wow because of bad graphic!

(edited by IAMANDLOVE.3095)

IAMANDLOVE.3095

GW1 * better graphics

gg wp ty bb

Same here. GW3 = More GW1 Expansions + Jumping (not JP noooo!)
And GW2 Graphics would be fine as i’m tired of upgrading my rig.
Waiting…. Still waiting….

real pc gamers dont care about money spend on pc!

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

You need to . you will see the game in a whole new light after playing GW1 . I would suggest starting with Prophesies if you want to give it a shot .

IAMANDLOVE.3095

You need to . you will see the game in a whole new light after playing GW1 . I would suggest starting with Prophesies if you want to give it a shot .

really? but honestly after experiencing guild war 2 and getting hooked on the beautiful graphic, it will be really hard to go back to that bad graphic!

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

really? but honestly after experience guild war 2 and getting hooked on the beautiful graphic, it will be really hard to go back to that bad graphic!

Yes really . Several people who have gone from GW2 to GW1 have said just that because they have experienced the lore instead of just read it . Also the graphics aint that bad for being a 10 year old game .

IAMANDLOVE.3095

really? but honestly after experience guild war 2 and getting hooked on the beautiful graphic, it will be really hard to go back to that bad graphic!

Yes really . Several people who have gone from GW2 to GW1 have said just that because they have experienced the lore instead of just read it . Also the graphics aint that bad for being a 10 year old game .

mhmm, I will read some reviews first, sadly when guild war 1 came out I was hooked on world of warcraft!

Just a flesh wound.3589

“Losing” all my chars that I spent years playing on because ANet wanted to start over wasn’t. “Losing” on my chars that I’ve spent years playing on because gw3 is made, won’t be either.

If starting over is so much fun, I recomend you give away all your stuff and delete your chars so you can enjoy the experience of starting afresh.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

IAMANDLOVE.3095

“Losing” all my chars that I spent years playing on because ANet wanted to start over wasn’t.

you start over everytime you play a new Elder Scroll series, a fall out series, a dragon age origin series, a mass effect series!

IAMANDLOVE.3095

“Losing” all my chars that I spent years playing on because ANet wanted to start over wasn’t. “Losing” all my chars that I’ve spent years playing on because gw3 is made, won’t be either.

If starting over is so much fun, I recomend you give away all your stuff and delete your chars so you can enjoy the experience of starting afresh.

I will only start over once they make a new game! it is not a pain to start over in a new game!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Way too early for a GW3, come back in 5-7 years

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Just a flesh wound.3589

“Losing” all my chars that I spent years playing on because ANet wanted to start over wasn’t.

you start over everytime you play a new Elder Scroll series, a fall out series, a dragon age origin series, a mass effect series!

If you move to another game voluntarily, then that’s your choice. But they stopped supporting a game I was playing. The game essentially died and I had to either stay in a game that was on life support or move, and lose everything. I did not want to start over. I did not want to lose my chars, my items, my titles. I did so, but not because I wanted to move to a new game.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

If you move to another game voluntarily, then that’s your choice. But they stopped supporting a game I was playing. The game essentially died and I had to either stay in a game that was on life support or move, and lose everything. I did not want to start over. I did not want to lose my chars, my items, my titles. I did so, but not because I wanted to move to a new game.

that’s life, people eventual die and so does your character!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Don’t be facetious.

It’s not “life” Your characters don’t “die”

They stopped supporting a game I was playing to make another game. At that point I was forced to make a choice. Abandon my account that I had spent years working on to start completely over or stay in a game abandoned by the devs. It was my choice to start over, but it wasn’t a choice because I wanted to start over in a new game.

It’s completely different if you chose a new game. Then of course it’s fun to start over. Starting over when it wasn’t something you wanted to do, is not.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Don’t be facetious.

It’s not “life” Your characters don’t “die”

They stopped supporting a game I was playing to make another game. At that point I was forced to make a choice. Abandon my account that I had spent years working on to start completely over or stay in a game abandoned by the devs. It was my choice to start over, but it wasn’t a choice because I wanted to start over in a new game.

It’s completely different if you chose a new game. Then of course it’s fun to start over. Starting over when it wasn’t something you wanted to do, is not.

be positive, then ask yourself this question? do you regret any of the time you have spend playing guild war 2? is it all worth it? Because I am sure the anser is! I LOVE GUILD WAR 2!

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s the problem with your suggestion. It would invalidate years of work for millions of accounts. And for what? Some shinier graphics.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

That’s the problem with your suggestion. It would invalidate years of work for millions of accounts. And for what? Some shinier graphics.

Hey i would not be here if it was not for the graphic and the fantastic gameplay!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hey i would not be here if it was not for the graphic and the fantastic gameplay!

The graphics are ok. The gameplay… Compared to Guild Wars 1, this is straight “dps everything down” compared to a strategy game of positioning, careful use of skills and interrupts and targeting the most important first.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

The graphics are ok. The gameplay… Compared to Guild Wars 1, this is straight “dps everything down” compared to a strategy game of positioning, careful use of skills and interrupts and targeting the most important first.

the graphic is fantastic! come on u are being too hard on the game!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I see you don’t argue about the gameplay part.

Since I play on a lower end computer, graphics aren’t really there for me. They are ok.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Since I play on a lower end computer, graphics aren’t really there for me. They are ok.

I really recommend u go buy a computer from places such as digital storm and run the game on all graphic settings maximum!! You will love it!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I really recommend u go buy a computer from places such as digital storm and run the game on all graphic settings maximum!! You will love it!

I see you don’t argue about the gameplay.

Graphics aren’t that important to me. It may be to you, but I don’t care that much about it.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Graphics aren’t that important to me. It may be to you, but I don’t care that much about it.

I dont argue about gameplay because I think the gameplay is fine! I really dont like very complicated metas in all honesty!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I dont argue about gameplay because I think the gameplay is fine! I really dont like very complicated metas in all honesty!

Such a pity then you weren’t forced to move out of a game you enjoyed and an account and characters you worked years on to another game to start completely over, not because you wanted to or because you thought the game play was better but because your game, that you liked so much, was abandoned by the devs. If you had, maybe you would understand why people wouldn’t want to be forced to leave behind all their hard work and memories.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Such a pity then you weren’t forced to move out of a game you enjoyed and an account and characters you worked years on to another game to start completely over, not because you wanted to or because you thought the game play was better but because your game, that you liked so much, was abandoned by the devs. If you had, maybe you would understand why people wouldn’t want to be forced to leave behind all their hard work and memories.

I hear you, I am sorry you had to go through that, however I must point out every life have an end and every life have a beginning! I use to love Age of empire and between the age of 10 and 18 I played age of empire all day long when I am not at school. But eventually microsoft abandoned MSN GAMING ZONE and my favorite RTS was also abandoned including all my guild mates, my high rating, my memories! I know that feeling but thats life!

Just a flesh wound.3589

I hear you, I am sorry you had to go through that, however I must point out every life have an end and every life have a beginning! I use to love Age of empire and between the age of 10 and 18 I played age of empire all day long when I am not at school. But eventually microsoft abandoned MSN GAMING ZONE and my favorite RTS was also abandoned including all my guild mates, my high rating, my memories! I know that feeling but thats life!

Well, I have no interest in repeating the experience again for what is to me, an extremely trivial reason, improved graphics. No interest in having gw2 sit, nothing new added for several years while they make gw3 (you don’t actually think they’ll be giving you lots of new content if they decide to move on do you. If you do, you’re not thinking it through. Just them making an expansion meant months of no new content. A new game would means years of stagnation).

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Well, I have no interest in repeating the experience again for what is to me, an extremely trivial reason, improved graphics. No interest in having gw2 sit, nothing new added for several years while they make gw3 (you don’t actually think they’ll be giving you lots of new content if they decide to move on do you. If you do, you’re not thinking it through. Just them making an expansion meant months of no new content. A new game would means years of stagnation).

you don’t sound too happy with guild war 2!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

(you don’t actually think they’ll be giving you lots of new content if they decide to move on do you. If you do, you’re not thinking it through. Just them making an expansion meant months of no new content. A new game would means years of stagnation).

Sadly ANet is not Daybreak Game Company (ex. SOE) that still brings out expansions
for EQ1 and EQ2 while working on EQNext.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m happy enough. Now. I didn’t appreciate them making the decision to abandon my game, my account, my chars, and I wouldn’t appreciate them doing it again. But I have an account now that I’ve put years of work on. So it’s cool. The game has its advantages that offsets losing everything I put years of work into, in the old version.

Like I said starting over in a new game is great, if youre the one making the choice to do so. It’s not so great if it’s not really your choice, like you’re suggesting they do again.

ANet may give it to you.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

I’m happy enough. Now. I didn’t appreciate them making the decision to abandon my game, my account, my chars, and I wouldn’t appreciate them doing it again. But I have an account now that I’ve put years of work on. So it’s cool. The game has its advantages that offsets losing everything I put years of work into, in the old version.

Like I said starting over in a new game is great, if youre the one making the choice to do so. It’s not so great if it’s not really your choice, like you’re suggesting they do again.

Yeh, I think I understand you, starting over if it is not your choice sucks. But as a suggestion, I highly recommend you buy a more powerful computer make sure it has a very good geforce graphic card, then turn the graphic setting to very high, trust me you will not regret spending the money or time I have to go now, going to play a little guild war 2 and it was nice chatting with you!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeh, I think I understand you, starting over if it is not your choice sucks. But as a suggestion, I highly recommend you buy a more powerful computer make sure it has a very good geforce graphic card, then turn the graphic setting to very high, trust me you will not regret spending the money or time I have to go now, going to play a little guild war 2 and it was nice chatting with you!

Yeah, because everyone has the money to buy a better computer to do something that’s not important to them (improved graphics in this case).

ANet may give it to you.