Forum bug.

Squashed.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

my wishlist for guild war 3

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

This is the type of post that makes me not to try and help people on forums anymore.

They complain of a certain topic, someone offers a possible solution, but they get ignored and would rather argue to death about something else. Oh look squirrel!

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I need a new computer to actually get personal work done as this laptop sucks and stuff hangs and freezes, yet GW 2 runs somehow albeit on less than 10 fps and lots of lag in zergs.

GW 2 is not the priority for me, its making something for myself or out of myself and making money,having a good PC play the game effectively and in the nice graphics you are touting is only a bonus for me but not as important… I actually like all low-medium and native sampling resolution better than all Ultra/High as the light sources and stuff are too bright and blinding to me.

Even if I got a new PC to play it, I’d probably bring it all back to low again I played games on crap settings for so long,Its better for my eyes anyways.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

I need a new computer to actually get personal work done as this laptop sucks and stuff hangs and freezes, yet GW 2 runs somehow albeit on less than 10 fps and lots of lag in zergs.

GW 2 is not the priority for me, its making something for myself or out of myself and making money,having a good PC play the game effectively and in the nice graphics you are touting is only a bonus for me but not as important… I actually like all low-medium and native sampling resolution better than all Ultra/High as the light sources and stuff are too bright and blinding to me.

Even if I got a new PC to play it, I’d probably bring it all back to low again.

I guess each person have their own taste! But as long as you love the game its all good!

IAMANDLOVE.3095

This is the type of post that makes me not to try and help people on forums anymore.

They complain of a certain topic, someone offers a possible solution, but they get ignored and would rather argue to death about something else. Oh look squirrel!

I am sorry if I offended you in anyway, by the way thank you for the information about sweetfx!

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I guess each person have their own taste! But as long as you love the game its all good!

This is as high I can force it with it still being pretty stable. Auto detect option makes it all say low and such. I can go best appearance and force it to pretty high values, but then I get into problems like stuttering and stuff. I rather not make my terrible cpu suffer even though the HD card support so much more!I might post a “Best appearance” forced image later.

I do love the game you are right there. Story and game play matter a lot as well to me. I could never get into WoW for its terrible art style and child-like graphics.

But give me a retro-styled MMO in 8 or 16 bit graphics, and I’ll jump on it.

Attachments:

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

IAMANDLOVE.3095

This is as high I can force it with it still being pretty stable. Auto detect option makes it all say low and such. I can go best appearance and force it to pretty high values, but then I get into problems like stuttering and stuff. I rather not make my terrible cpu suffer even though the HD card support so much more!I might post a “Best appearance” forced image later.

may I ask what is your cpu? and graphic card? do you have ssd? to be honest I dont think ssd matters that much and 8gigbit of ram is way more then enough!
by the way on very high the character model looks even more beautiful!

Yumiko Ishida.3769

AMD E450 1.65 ghz dual core APU, Radeon HD 6320 GPU,8 GB ram 500GB HD possibly 7200 rpm. Win 7 64 bit.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

AMD E450 1.65 ghz dual core APU, Radeon HD 6320 GPU,8 GB ram 500GB HD possibly 7200 rpm. Win 7 64 bit.

ok I see your problem, I think your graphic card is ok but the processor is just too slow, you need 1 or 2 core with high ghz. for example my is i7 5960x overclocked to 4.7 ghz! Oh by the way never buy AMD, always go with intel!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

there are two things i like to see as improvement.
1.) a better, more engaging battle system.
i feel like playing on autopilot all the time, a game like ESO let’s you influence the battle by your own skills, not letting the game it self decide your powers.
in GW2 however, i feel like i have to do barely anything at all, it’s more like the game it self decides what i can and can not do.
levels is the biggest problem with this, in GW2 you just have to be 5 levels lower and you’re practically useless, in ESO you can still take on enemies about 7 levels higher on you while not losing even one health.
so as i said, player skill instead of player level.
2.)a world that feels right.
i personally find the world of GW2 less fun then the one of GW1, maybe it’s nostalgia but i think it’s just a small bit so.
the reason why i like the maps of GW1 allot more fun is because every single place has a story behind it, the environment speaks for it self.
in GW2 every single map is pretty dead, it doesn’t tell a tale at all and even with NPC’s trying to fill the gap it just doesn’t do it.
i just think GW2 maps are to bare, not much thought has bin put in place and that’s a pity.
forests have toothpicks as trees, mountains are way to per-determined and even caves are made way to much with big groups in mind.
i actually like to get lost in a forest, i like to try and find my way though a labyrinth of caves and tunnel networks.
the whole fun of getting though a map is to find your own way, discover new places, places you might have missed for over 3 years.

i personally think Anet did it as save with GW2 as bioware did with SWToR, use old systems and try to make something new.
the cost with that is that the game becomes pale and empty, nothing really new can be found and the longer you play GW2 the more you’re gonna feel this.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

i feel like playing on autopilot all the time, a game like ESO let’s you influence the battle by your own skills, not letting the game it self decide your powers.
in GW2 however, i feel like i have to do barely anything at all, it’s more like the game it self decides what i can and can not do.
levels is the biggest problem with this, in GW2 you just have to be 5 levels lower and you’re practically useless, in ESO you can still take on enemies about 7 levels higher on you while not losing even one health.
i personally find the world of GW2 less fun then the one of GW1, maybe it’s nostalgia but i think it’s just a small bit so.
the reason why i like the maps of GW1 allot more fun is because every single place has a story behind it, the environment speaks for it self.
in GW2 every single map is pretty dead, it doesn’t tell a tale at all and even with NPC’s trying to fill the gap it just doesn’t do it.
i just think GW2 maps are to bare, not much thought has bin put in place and that’s a pity.
forests have toothpicks as trees, mountains are way to per-determined and even caves are made way to much with big groups in mind.
i actually like to get lost in a forest, i like to try and find my way though a labyrinth of caves and tunnel networks.
the whole fun of getting though a map is to find your own way, discover new places, places you might have missed for over 3 years.

i personally think Anet did it as save with GW2 as bioware did with SWToR, use old systems and try to make something new.
the cost with that is that the game becomes pale and empty, nothing really new can be found and the longer you play GW2 the more you’re gonna feel this.

I never played guild war 1 so I wouldn’t know, But i did play Elder Scroll Online. I can say ESO failed because they didn’t have any really good endgame content. For example the dungeons are hard very hard, but after you beat it you dont get level appropriate reward! Another problem with the game is the class is too diverse for its own good, it might look fun on paper but in reality when you give so much choices to the player it creates unreasonable complications, and only the most elite of players can properly navigate through the maze and find the optimum build! there are so many other things wrong with ESO that I wont go over and off course graphic is very bad!

Yumiko Ishida.3769

ok I see your problem, I think your graphic card is ok but the processor is just too slow, you need 1 or 2 core with high ghz. for example my is i7 5960x overclocked to 4.7 ghz! Oh by the way never buy AMD, always go with intel!

I had my family buy it as a emergency replacement for college for the better one I had that burned up after 3 years, as it had issues since I first got it. I have many problems with (mostly speed issues) this current one, but heat issues destroying it will never be one of them.

This one is also 3 years old.

Images are me going best appearance to force all high. The laptop doesn’t get any hotter unless I go even higher than that and start checking boxes.

Attachments:

IAMANDLOVE.3095

I had my family buy it as a emergency replacement for college for the better one I had that burned up after 3 years, as it had issues since I first got it. I have many problems with (mostly speed issues) this current one, but heat issues destroying it will never be one of them.

This one is also 3 years old.

Images are me going best appearance to force all high. The laptop doesn’t get any hotter unless I go even higher than that and start checking boxes.

thank you for sharing your character she looks very pretty!
and here is my girl

Attachments:

IAMANDLOVE.3095

here is my setting

Attachments:

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

I never played guild war 1 so I wouldn’t know, But i did play Elder Scroll Online. I can say ESO failed because they didn’t have any really good endgame content. For example the dungeons are hard very hard, but after you beat it you dont get level appropriate reward! Another problem with the game is the class is too diverse for its own good, it might look fun on paper but in reality when you give so much choices to the player it creates unreasonable complications, and only the most elite of players can properly navigate through the maze and find the optimum build! there are so many other things wrong with ESO that I wont go over and off course graphic is very bad!

Huh? The visuals in ESO are pretty darn good. The wide range of choices for building your character is also an advantage. If you feel like youre lost just read up a bit. The endgame content complaint however is perfectly valid.

(edited by Lorath.2504)

IAMANDLOVE.3095

Huh? The visuals in ESO are pretty kitten good. The wide range of choices for building your character is also an advantage. If youre feel like youre lost just read up a bit. The endgame content complaint however is perfectly valid.

Look at those graphics? you are kidding me right? is this a game made for the enxt generation or do we have to go back a few decade?

Attachments:

Lorath.2504

http://i.imgur.com/2O5j79o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hwYwIBC.jpg

Two of mine. Also, its not a newly released game. Its already 1.5 year old.

A decade ago it would have looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/uI5lPaI.jpg

(edited by Lorath.2504)

IAMANDLOVE.3095

http://i.imgur.com/2O5j79o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hwYwIBC.jpg

Two of mine. Also, its not a newly released game. Its already 1.5 year old.

A decade ago it would have looked like this:

http://i.imgur.com/uI5lPaI.jpg

those pictures are not bad:) well I got go to sleep and thx for the pictures, by the way is that your character in those pictures?

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I would like a virtual reality MMORPG, so maybe GW3 can incorporate that technology? What with all the Occulus rift and whatnot.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Lorath.2504

I would like a virtual reality MMORPG, so maybe GW3 can incorporate that technology? What with all the Occulus rift and whatnot.

With all those VR sets being developed I keep wondering… How quickly will your eyesight deteriorate due to hours of staring at flat surfaces placed an inch or 2 in front of your eyes. I supect the damage will be massive.

those pictures are not bad:) well I got go to sleep and thx for the pictures, by the way is that your character in those pictures?

Yes its my character. The problem that the game has is that it needs higher contrast and sharpness. The values used by ESO’s engine make stuff look a bit blurred and bland. Luckily you can fix that with some dll injector magic. SweetFX works great.

(edited by Lorath.2504)

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

My couple of wishes for Guild Wars 3:

1. Build on what made GW2 so darn good. I was never a fan of GW1, but GW2 is one my all-time favorite MMORPGs. GW3 doesn’t need to reinvent the series the way GW2 did, but more improve on everything from GW2. The temporary grouping, the big, open worlds, the professions (lots more skills would be fun), more weapon types, you name it. Basically make a GW2 all over again with new races and improved features.

2. Make it multiplatform. Yes, I know this can be quite controversial, but look at Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV and DC Universe Online. MMORPGs on consoles can work quite well. It doesn’t mean downgrading the PC version in any way, of course. It just means more people get to enjoy them, and that’s never a bad thing. (oh, sure ESO was crap, but the other two are pretty good.)

3. Work with the community from pre-Day 1 of development. Seriously, we all love GW2, and a lot of people here loved GW1. Why ignore us? I’m not saying you should listen exclusivly to the forums and community, but getting the community involved even in the planning would be a really good idea. Don’t be one of those companies who first make the game 90% done, then throw out a beta to see if we enjoy it. Rather be one of those companies who decide to make a sequel, then start by asking us fans what we want, and why we want it. Then simply take all the best, most popular and most interesting ideas and focus on them.

4. More unique races, please. I’m not a big fan of playing a charr myself, but I do love seeing them around. But human, nord and sylvari? We have five races, and three of them are human? (well, human-ish.) I would prefer only four races, with charr, asura, human and a very-not-human fourth race. Make each race unique. Right now I can’t really be bothered picking between human or nord, as they are the same race. Even sylvari are just humans with a weird haircut.

Lorath.2504

4. More unique races, please. I’m not a big fan of playing a charr myself, but I do love seeing them around. But human, nord and sylvari? We have five races, and three of them are human? (well, human-ish.) I would prefer only four races, with charr, asura, human and a very-not-human fourth race. Make each race unique. Right now I can’t really be bothered picking between human or nord, as they are the same race. Even sylvari are just humans with a weird haircut.

Dont mind the sylvari but I really wish they went with Kodan instead of Nords.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

NORNS!

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Lorath.2504

NORNS!

See! I cant even remember their name right :P They need to go. Just replace them with the bad*ss bear people :P

(edited by Lorath.2504)

sorudo.9054

unless you got blind after line two….
i never said anything about anything else but the battle system, i never talked about end game…
oh and the graphics of GW2 are childishly bad compared to ESO, the maps are also constructed so much better then any GW2 map made.
but i digress.
i talked about 2 specific things and you start badmouthing ESO on points that doesn’t even make sense, if GW2 was really so much better why are you even wasting your time reaching the end game in the first place.

Posted by: Temujin.7356

Temujin.7356

Why make Guild Wars 3? Guild Wars 2 is very good although graphically it could use some 3D elements like in the cinematics. Like everyone says, Guild Wars 2 will milk the expansion per dragon thing if and when the time comes. Let’s hope they stay true to that free to play AND make a great game theory GW1 had in place. Maybe it needs work on tapping into the lore that GW1 players want (Wizard’s Tower, Livia’s Scepter, Dominion of Winds, Isle of Janthir/Mursaat, heroes & henchmen from GW1) but it’s been overall fun even if prices at the merchant store is ridiculous.

IAMANDLOVE.3095

My couple of wishes for Guild Wars 3:

2. Make it multiplatform. Yes, I know this can be quite controversial, but look at Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV and DC Universe Online. MMORPGs on consoles can work quite well. It doesn’t mean downgrading the PC version in any way, of course. It just means more people get to enjoy them, and that’s never a bad thing. (oh, sure ESO was crap, but the other two are pretty good.)

Making guild war 2 multi platform is a dangerous and horrible idea, Look at what multi platform did to diablo 3, look at what it did to GTA 5, Elder Scroll online, elder scroll series, fall out 4? Do you see a pattern? All of those game have dumb downed graphics, and the UI are made easier just so some cheap kid who cant afford a real game machine (PC) can have fun playing on his cheap Xbox or Playstation. I personally dont own any of those two machines, and games that are ported from those platform I refuse to touch! For example when GTA 5 first came out I never touched it, and when they finally release it for the PC, I did even bother to go look at its price. Multi platform will dumb down graphic and hold pcs back, and everyone knows if PC games are really pushed, it will look 100 times better then any console cheap kitten!

(edited by IAMANDLOVE.3095)

IAMANDLOVE.3095

i never said anything about anything else but the battle system, i never talked about end game…
oh and the graphics of GW2 are childishly bad compared to ESO, the maps are also constructed so much better then any GW2 map made.
but i digress.
i talked about 2 specific things and you start badmouthing ESO on points that doesn’t even make sense, if GW2 was really so much better why are you even wasting your time reaching the end game in the first place.

ESO engine was based off of SWTOR, they could have made ESO graphic really great, but because they were going to make ESO a multi platform game they had to dumb down the graphics so the cheap console boys can play it!

here are 10 reasons why ESO sucks

QUEOTE from an expert ESO PLAYER

1. The text-chat will ruin immersion.
2. There will be those annoying people spamming trade requests on the text-chat.
3. Hackers, hackers everywhere.
4. There will probably be a high chance of the player-base being people who never even played Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim because Elder Scrolls Online is F2P.
5. Story is bland due to multi-player.
6. There’s no freaking Nazeem or Nelkar.
7. You’re just an ordinary adventurer, unlike in Skyrim, you’re the Dovahkiin, while in Oblivion, you become a legend by defeating the Oblivion crisis.
8. You cannot mod it (none of your favorite Skyrim mods like SkyUI, SkyRE, etc.)
9. Judging by the graphics (which I went to), it’s more worse than vanilla Skyrim’s graphics (probably due to multiplayer) and multi platforming.

(edited by IAMANDLOVE.3095)

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

That’s the problem with your suggestion. It would invalidate years of work for millions of accounts. And for what? Some shinier graphics.

Hey i would not be here if it was not for the graphic and the fantastic gameplay!

The graphics are ok. The gameplay… Compared to Guild Wars 1, this is straight “dps everything down” compared to a strategy game of positioning, careful use of skills and interrupts and targeting the most important first.

No kidding – like the fact that engaging enemies almost always was a group fight, and you actually had support skills in your group, mesmer/ranger interrupts/disables, damage reflection (not just retaliation), monk/rit all-round support, etc, etc, etc. Getting slightly bit bored of the 1v1 – hit, hit, hit, hit – PvE gameplay design in GW2. =/ On the flip side, they did add dragonhunters, and that made things a bit more tactical for me. Still not as challenging (in a fun way) as GW1 though!

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

but i digress.

ESO engine was based off of SWTOR, they could have made ESO graphic really great, but because they were going to make ESO a multi platform game they had to dumb down the graphics so the cheap console boys can play it!

2. There will be those annoying people spamming trade requests on the text-chat.
4. There will probably be a high chance of the player-base being people who never even played Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim because Elder Scrolls Online is F2P.
7. You’re just an ordinary adventurer, unlike in Skyrim, you’re the Dovahkiin, while in Oblivion, you become a legend by defeating the Oblivion crisis.
8. You cannot mod it (none of your favorite Skyrim mods like SkyUI, SkyRE, etc.)
9. Judging by the graphics (which I went to), it’s more worse than vanilla Skyrim’s graphics (probably due to multiplayer) and multi platforming.

The thing that ruined ESO for me was the lack of exploration. I wanted to go eeeeeeeverywhere with my main (not plow through storyline until I could reach other lands that are instanced purely for people of my alliance who have reached the same point of storyline). Not to mention the fact that so many places are still unmapped.

The plus side for GW2 is that GW1 was its only prequel. If it was GW6, I would be complaining tons and tons and tons more about the lack of travel/exploration. Just because the old game has that terrain doesn’t mean I don’t want to go there with new shiny graphics/effects and my current main character.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Khandarus.2738

Khandarus.2738

Ha, like they’ll make it to guildwars 3. I know what they’ll call it though, Guildwars: The Abandon Content.

Lorath.2504

Its an MMO. It has very good graphics by MMO standards. Want single player quality graphics? Play single player games.

That is not an expert ESO player. Just some random dude on steam forums pulling stuff out of his butt in 2013:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/846960628274946943/

Why are you even quoting this?? Its a post by a Skyrim fanboy crying that ESO is not Skyrim 2. Half of this is bullkitten, half of it is irrelevant since its a complaint that an MMO is an MMO.

(edited by Lorath.2504)

sorudo.9054

but i digress.

so the problem is that it’s an MMO…at least that’s what your experts are practically saying.
i am an ESO player and i love it, the story is wonderful, the world is really fun to explore through and graphic wise it’s far superior to SWToR.
oh and btw, the engine is not based on SWToR, they used their own engine based on a whole different engine. (i play both and in the years i know how to recognize engines)

really, don’t play the tough guy while all you can do is talk BS, maybe the graphics are bad on consoles but the PC still got everything you would expect for a PC game.