mystic clover

mystic clover

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wQnxy.7529

wQnxy.7529

1st of all – i am super mad right now cuz of all this situation.
Are you kittening serious with those mystic clover chances in MF? In last 2 days i had throw in 300+ of each mysitccoins/ecto/obsi and got 35-40 mystic clovers.
When i am doing MYSTiC CLOVER recipe, i dont want to get t6 mats, gossamer, orichalcum or kittening mystic crystals. I WANT TO GET M.Y.S.T.I.C.C.L.O.V.E.R.S.
Its ok if ill get some stuff of the listed above once per 5 tries. But not clvoers once per 15 tries.

Thanks for attension. I really hope youll gonna fix this.

mystic clover

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Been this way since the beginning of the game. I have all I need for the one I am working on without playing the mystic toilet. I got all mine thru the boxes at the end of the daily log in rewards.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Been this way since the beginning of the game. I have all I need for the one I am working on without playing the mystic toilet. I got all mine thru the boxes at the end of the daily log in rewards.

Before this spring update i got 50/70 clovers. Now chance to get is a joke.

edt. Just imagine situation – you doing Nevermore in MF and getting Howler or 50 obsi shards. Whatever, this is a legy aswell =D

(edited by wQnxy.7529)

mystic clover

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

When i am doing MYSTiC CLOVER recipe, i dont want to get t6 mats, gossamer, orichalcum or kittening mystic crystals. I WANT TO GET M.Y.S.T.I.C.C.L.O.V.E.R.S.

That’s why you craft the mystic clovers before buying the T6 mats for the respective Gifts. It feels annoying not to get those clovers, but you end up getting them, and the road to those stacks of T6 mats has been significantly shortened.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

mystic clover

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I needed to make 55 last night, i used the 10 recipe and got 30 in the first 3 tries.
Then had a bad streak so ended up using the single recipe. I think it was around 180 each by the time i finished.
The extra mats i made from clover failures i sold to make up the cost of the failed tries.
I finished my legendary Astralasia to so was happy.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

That’s why you craft the mystic clovers before buying the T6 mats for the respective Gifts. It feels annoying not to get those clovers, but you end up getting them, and the road to those stacks of T6 mats has been significantly shortened.

I can buy myself twice more t6 mats from TP for that money.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

I needed to make 55 last night, i used the 10 recipe and got 30 in the first 3 tries.
Then had a bad streak so ended up using the single recipe. I think it was around 180 each by the time i finished.
The extra mats i made from clover failures i sold to make up the cost of the failed tries.
I finished my legendary Astralasia to so was happy.

I jsut throw in another 40 coins/ecto/obsi and got 2x gossamer and some t6 =D
meanwhile i dont need any t6 mats and still missing 4 clovers and i dont have karma/relics lefts to buy obsidian shards.

mystic clover

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Were you doing the x1 or x10 recipe?

If you already have your T6 and only want the clovers (you should always do the clovers first, BTW), then you need to do the x1 recipe ONLY. Using the x10 makes you more susceptible to bad strings of luck (since you only get 1/10th of the attempts).

Server: Devona’s Rest

mystic clover

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s better to do the x1 recipe as it averages out better in the short term which is what people tend to fall under. Doing the x10 recipe still results in the 33% rate but it takes more items in order for the average to reach that.

mystic clover

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

I have crafted 6 legendary weapons, and I never used more than 200 of each to get all clovers.
I use that recepie for 10 of them, and I usually get like 3 or 4 in row, then some skips and again few in a row.
Seems like you are just unlucky xD

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

mystic clover

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

That’s why the first thing you do when crafting a legendary weapon is to get the 77 Mystic Clovers, so T6 materials become handy (lesson learned).

On the other hand you can also do several (most of them actually) PvP tracks (with guild pvp exp boost) that will reward you clovers upon completion.

mystic clover

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

mystic clover

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I can buy myself twice more t6 mats from TP for that money.

Fair enough. If you’re on a rotten streak and keep getting gossamer and venom sacks, it quickly becomes pricy.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

mystic clover

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Play some PvP, you get them from some of the tracks. I have 88 just from playing PvP for about 8 months, and that not from farming the tracks that drop clovers. So it’s an option.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Were you doing the x1 or x10 recipe?

If you already have your T6 and only want the clovers (you should always do the clovers first, BTW), then you need to do the x1 recipe ONLY. Using the x10 makes you more susceptible to bad strings of luck (since you only get 1/10th of the attempts).

Both, like 80:20 (10:1)
I got my t6 mats from supply line+map reward long time before t6 mats.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

I have crafted 6 legendary weapons, and I never used more than 200 of each to get all clovers.
I use that recepie for 10 of them, and I usually get like 3 or 4 in row, then some skips and again few in a row.
Seems like you are just unlucky xD

This is my 5th and i didnt have any problems with MFclovers before spring update.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

That’s why the first thing you do when crafting a legendary weapon is to get the 77 Mystic Clovers, so T6 materials become handy (lesson learned).

On the other hand you can also do several (most of them actually) PvP tracks (with guild pvp exp boost) that will reward you clovers upon completion.

I got my t6 mats from supply line+map reward long time before t6 mats.
77/2=38.5 tracks. Hope you kidding here.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Play some PvP, you get them from some of the tracks. I have 88 just from playing PvP for about 8 months, and that not from farming the tracks that drop clovers. So it’s an option.

Spent em on 2 previous legendaries.

mystic clover

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Using the 1 clover/try recipe, there’s roughly a 4% chance you’ll need more than 300 tries using (assuming a 30% chance of success). Using the 10 clover/try recipe, there’s around a 28% chance that you’ll get less than 8 successes.

In other words, not only is the OP only reporting an example of bad luck, it’s not even extraordinarily bad luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Using the 1 clover/try recipe, there’s roughly a 4% chance you’ll need more than 300 tries using (assuming a 30% chance of success). Using the 10 clover/try recipe, there’s around a 28% chance that you’ll get less than 8 successes.

In other words, not only is the OP only reporting an example of bad luck, it’s not even extraordinarily bad luck.

True that. But anyway, chance to get clover over anything else should be slightly higher.

mystic clover

Ayrilana.1396

True that. But anyway, chance to get clover over anything else should be slightly higher.

It is. You have a ~33% chance while any other item is in the single digits.

mystic clover

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

So glad I’m a pvper. I have almost 200 clovers right now, and I haven’t touched the forge for them

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Chance for clovers should be higher. This is not recipe : get random reward from the list.

mystic clover

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Chance for clovers should be higher. This is not recipe : get random reward from the list.

There is a way to get the Clovers without touching PvP or touching the Mystic Forge and get them at 100% of the time. Choose the Legendary items chest from the monthly log ins. Choose that 11 times and you’ll have your 77 Mystic Clovers.

mystic clover

Ayrilana.1396

Recipe is fine. Next time do it one at a time if you want the ~33% rate.

mystic clover

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Yes it is. It just so happens to have clovers on that list.

mystic clover

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

You have a high chance to get really lucky or really unlucky if you use the 10@ a time recipe.

I would suggest using the 1 clover recipe if you want more consistent results.

mystic clover

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

You know i for one am mad that i keep getting them, i just wanna make some high tier mats but keep getting useless clovers that i will never use, maybe it’s time to separate the recipes?

mystic clover

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

you can buy legendaries off the trading post, the mystic forge is luck based, if you don’t have good luck (and no I don’t mean the stat) then you’re not ever going to find 77 clovers, no matter how many times you do the recipe.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

you can buy legendaries off the trading post, the mystic forge is luck based, if you don’t have good luck (and no I don’t mean the stat) then you’re not ever going to find 77 clovers, no matter how many times you do the recipe.

You cant buy generation2 legendaries.

mystic clover

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Good thing a player can obtain them by other means, then, yes?

mystic clover

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

For my first legendary I spent a good amount of stuff getting the clovers in the mystic forge, but for the second one and now the third I spent nothing:

• Play PvP: each track rewards with 2 clovers. Also, the PvP potions speeds ups the track a lot.
  • Get 7 clovers each month with the loyalty chest: in the long term is more usefull that getting the ascendant stuff.

Doing this is really easy to get enough clovers to make ~3 legendaries at year, which is more than most of the players can even afford.

mystic clover

Posted by: Ariachi.8096

Ariachi.8096

I feel so lucky, I got my 80 clovers after 10 attempts on the x10 mystic forge recipe. Sorry not sorry

mystic clover

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s a misunderstanding of probability. You are guaranteed to get 77 clovers eventually. The only question is how many times will you have to try.

(Technically, it’s ‘possible’ to go 10,000,000,000 times without 77 clovers — it’s just much much more likely that you’ll get hit by lightning twice in a row as you win the lotteries for 5 states & 6 countries, during a freak hail storm happening right before an 8.0 earthquake, that all takes place just as 70,000 monkeys accidentally type the complete works of Douglas Adams)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Here i come again. 2 monthes ago it took me 400 obsi/mysticcoins/ectos to get ~60-65 mystic clovers. And overall chance was still ~15% (are you kittening kidding me? this is not “get random kitten ” recipe, this is “mystic clover” recipe).
Today (screen below) i got 12 clovers out of 60 1x recipes, which gives 20% chance (which is not enough for “mystic clvoer” recipe, but kinda ok for “random kitten from mystic toilet” recipe).
So, i want to call it again. Give us straight Mystic Clover recipe for mystic forge, that gives 100% (one hundred percent) chance to get Mystic Clover.
Thanks for attention.
P.S. Yes, i am very salty atm.

Attachments:

mystic clover

BrotherBelial.3094

Here i come again. 2 monthes ago it took me 400 obsi/mysticcoins/ectos to get ~60-65 mystic clovers. And overall chance was still ~15% (are you kittening kidding me? this is not “get random kitten ” recipe, this is “mystic clover” recipe).
Today (screen below) i got 12 clovers out of 60 1x recipes, which gives 20% chance (which is not enough for “mystic clvoer” recipe, but kinda ok for “random kitten from mystic toilet” recipe).
So, i want to call it again. Give us straight Mystic Clover recipe for mystic forge, that gives 100% (one hundred percent) chance to get Mystic Clover.
Thanks for attention.

You do know there are other ways right? If you don’t mind PvP you get some from tracks. I just need to make the gift of fourtune and metal and I’ve finished the moot, not a single clover made. I also made the Flameseeker prophecies just before HoT launched, so there are other ways so your not wasting time/coin.

Also in be for lock for necro posting.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

mystic clover

Ayrilana.1396

Thanks for attention.

RNG. I’m still running at about 33% over all of the mystic clovers that I have forged.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Thanks for attention.

You do know there are other ways right? If you don’t mind PvP you get some from tracks. I just need to make the gift of fourtune and metal and I’ve finished the moot, not a single clover made. I also made the Flameseeker prophecies just before HoT launched, so there are other ways so your not wasting time/coin.

I have 6 legies atm, jsut finished 7th today (2nd twilight for sale) and working on bolt+shield. If you really think that 2 clovers/track/~3-4days (if not nolife pvp/wvw) + 7 clvoers/month is ok reward, that’s is sad for you.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Thanks for attention.

RNG. I’m still running at about 33% over all of the mystic clovers that I have forged.

33% is still not enough for recipe that calls “mystic clover”. 33% is exactly enough for recipe “get 4 items into the forge and get random reward from the lsit below”.

edt. Thsi is like : get gift of fortune, bolt, mastery and zap and get 33% chance to get Bolt and 67% chance to get some rodgort or minstrel.

mystic clover

BrotherBelial.3094

Thanks for attention.

I have 6 legies atm, jsut finished 7th today (2nd twilight for sale) and working on bolt+shield. If you really think that 2 clovers/track/~3-4days (if not nolife pvp/wvw) + 7 clvoers/month is ok reward, that’s is sad for you.

Lol sad for me? I was there are other ways, to avoid your bad luck, but if you want to get all passive aggressive about it feel free. You seem to spend plenty of time playing to have made so many legendary weapons, so it’s not like you can’t afford to waist the gold.

mystic clover

Posted by: Asclepios.4295

Asclepios.4295

Do pvp dailies. It will take you 10mins max and you’ll get an average of 3-5 mystic clovers a week. When mystic forge is daily, I always do the MC recipe, at least if you get crap you get your mystic coin back.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Do pvp dailies. It will take you 10mins max and you’ll get an average of 3-5 mystic clovers a week. When mystic forge is daily, I always do the MC recipe, at least if you get crap you get your mystic coin back.

Click

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Thanks for attention.

Lol sad for me? I was there are other ways, to avoid your bad luck, but if you want to get all passive aggressive about it feel free. You seem to spend plenty of time playing to have made so many legendary weapons, so it’s not like you can’t afford to waist the gold.

Click

mystic clover

BrotherBelial.3094

Thanks for attention.

Click

No I don’t click links I can’t see.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Thanks for attention.

Click

No I don’t click links I can’t see.

Place your cursor at word “click”. Your Sherlock.

edt. Inbe4, keylogger, lost my mystic clovers kek

mystic clover

Asclepios.4295

Stop whining about the 33% chance and do pvp if you want hard rewards! Why do you think it is called mystic “clovers” with 4-leaves clovers? And why do you think you need 77? (777 rings any bell when we talk luck?)

Over the course of 77, 92.3% of players will use 210 to 250 tries. It is random only for small numbers. The more you play, the more constant are the gains, and at 77 it is fairly predictable, unless you hurt RNGeesus very much. If it is still too much, I repeat: go pvp!!!

mystic clover

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

free if u play WvW and Eotm.

mystic clover

wQnxy.7529

Stop whining about the 33% chance and do pvp if you want hard rewards! Why do you think it is called mystic “clovers” with 4-leaves clovers? And why do you think you need 77? (777 rings any bell when we talk luck?)

Over the course of 77, 92.3% of players will use 210 to 250 tries. It is random only for small numbers. The more you play, the more constant are the gains, and at 77 it is fairly predictable, unless you hurt RNGeesus very much. If it is still too much, I repeat: go pvp!!!

Please, calm your kittens. I am doing both pvp and wvw. And if you think that 2 clovers each 3-4 days (without nolife pvp/wvw) is good reward – quit the discussion. This is a joke.
Also, more like 7.7% of players will use 210 to 250 tries and another 92.3% will use from 250 to 500.

mystic clover

Asclepios.4295

Please, calm your kittens. I am doing both pvp and wvw. And if you think that 2 clovers each 3-4 days (without nolife pvp/wvw) is good reward – quit the discussion. This is a joke.
Also, more like 7.7% of players will use 210 to 250 tries and another 92.3% will use from 250 to 500.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Explaining it to you would come down to explaining to you combinatorics and probabilities, and if you believe 92.3% of players would require over 250 tries to receive 77 items at 33% chance, then it would be way too much work. If you don’t know maths, quit arguing here about probabilities and trust people who know. You might be in the very unlucky bracket of 1-2% of players needing 300 tries, that does not mean you are representative.
Also consider cognitive biases in your arguments, I can identify at least 3. Have a good read on wikipedia about cognitive biases if you want to get where I’m coming from.

mystic clover

Ayrilana.1396

Thanks for attention.

33% is still not enough for recipe that calls “mystic clover”. 33% is exactly enough for recipe “get 4 items into the forge and get random reward from the lsit below”.

edt. Thsi is like : get gift of fortune, bolt, mastery and zap and get 33% chance to get Bolt and 67% chance to get some rodgort or minstrel.

It’s a recipe where one of the outputs is mystic clovers. It’s not the “mystic clover recipe”. You’re also wrong in your edit.