need help with new class... i suck

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: durick.8064

durick.8064

so i have been playing a ele and turns out i suck, i am always getting downed in dungeons , i was wondering what would be a better class, i am tossing up between warrior and gaurdian…. what do you guys think?

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I think that you shouldn’t think "I suck", you should think "I can improve" and if you really like the concept and gameplay of your chosen profession go for it.

If you took Ele for the sake of it but wasn’t really atracted by the profession then I could understand a switch. If you have empty slots (maybe you dont, I don’t, I filled them in day 1 for the anniversary presents :P) I recommend trying all professions in the mists. In the pvp lobby you can try all professions at maxed level with access to all items. You can try them all until you find something that is what you feel comfortable playing with.

I’m not an expert Elementalist, I’m sure you could find a lot of advice at their subforum.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Unless you just don’t enjoy the character, I’d head to the elementalist sub-forum for tips on improvement before abandoning the profession altogether.

Posted by: durick.8064

durick.8064

i think the problem is i tend to play melee characters in all other mmo’s in fact i don’t tend to play range or magic at all, but when i came to gw2 i was thinking it was time for a change.

there are a lot of things i enjoy about my ele, i love the switching of the attunements and the active play style ill never stop playing him in spvp.

but after mmoing for 10 years and almost all the time playing melee i guess its just hard coded into me lol, that’s the funny thing is i do not suck at mmo’s in fact i am great at them but this ele has me stumped and playing like a rookie, it just wont click for me if that makes sense.

i might go with the guard, i know there is no trinity but most of my xp in mmo’s comes in the form of tanking + warriors are almost expected to be zerkers.

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

If you can’t help yourself from that impulse of jumping in fron of the hordes yep, the Ele is easily killable (D/D might be good in some specific cases, but in most dungeons it won’t help you). If you were determined for a change you might want to try to see if you’re able to change your mind and support your team at range.

If you really can’t maybe the change decission was the original problem. I know I feel way more comfortable with certain playstyles and usually when you feel comfortable you use it naturally and more effectively. If you really want to be there getting blows and returning them you might want to go to other profession that suits your MMO roots better.