need some tips on making gold

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frank.8092

Frank.8092

can anyone give me some advice on how to make a nice amount of gold as fast as possible? i’m trying to get the tier 3 cultural armor wich costs more that 100 gold

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Go to harathi hinterlands and farm bags from centaurs and sell them at 30 c a piece. People buy them to get certain crafting materials in bulk (Namely tier 3).

Another thing to do is farm platinum in timberline falls or bloodtide getting a stack of ore will sell pretty well + the shards can be used by all tier 4, 5, and 6 jewelers. They respawn as soon as you finish hitting the last node.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: rajjy.4832

rajjy.4832

I make pretty decent amounts by just doing events/killing mobs in Orr, but the bags suggestion made by Yumiko is likely a better way of getting decent money.

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

Gather EVERYTHING!

Chances are, you are not going to level out every crafting skill. Keep the mats you need and TP the rest.

No point in keeping cooking mats if you are never going to cook.

Stop using salvage kits on everything just to get mats yo will never use and sell the loot instead of salvaging.

This alone will net you a few gold a day.

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I was in “glorious victory” way point in Straights of devastation last night. The area there is packed with veterans. I do not know how other professions are, but on my engineer I can solo 2 veterans + 2-4 adds all at once fairly well, and I had plenty of yellow rare and gold exotics drop while I was there.

I was just kind of half paying attention, taking several pauses and breaks while I was watching college football. I made around 3 gold after an hour or so. Could of farmed a lot more if I was paying attention.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Farming the Orr areas for Ori will net you about 1g a day for just Ori in about 20-30 minutes. 10 nodes equals 30 ori (not counting gathering bonuses you may get) which sell for about 3s25c a piece would gets you about 97.5s or so. If you add in the Ori in Frostgorge you can get 1.17g or so. Of course you have to be 80 to do that but still. A pretty decent money maker for the small amount of time it takes.

Adding in the Raspberries, Onomberries and Ancient wood gets you even more money per those 20-30 minutes.

Posted by: Senik.6549

Senik.6549

Stop using salvage kits on everything

This. My experience has been that salvaging is a waste of money if you aren’t going to use the raw materials. Just vendor the items and you’ll net a lot more coin.